[TC] Gaming Forums
- Report - Yung, Biomeri (Report Archived by Cam) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: - Report - Yung, Biomeri (Report Archived by Cam) (/showthread.php?tid=36694)

- Report - Yung, Biomeri (Report Archived by Cam) - Speed Demon - 2023-08-30 20:22

Users Involved

Your LFS Username: SpeedDemonn

Their LFS Username(s): thatyorkshireman, Biomeri
Their In-game Nickname(s): {SQUID} Yung, Biometric[cop]

Incident Information

Date of Incident: 30.08.2023
Time of Incident: 22:00 TSI

Description of Incident (Include Timestamps):

42:47 - Yung gets into an accident here and flies into the opposite lane and then the pit lane.

43:21 - He asks me:
-Can I pit?
I said:
-Stop the chase, lost.
and then biomeri says:
-Yes you can pit, Cop 1 is mine.

Even though I'm the cop 1 there, biomeri is lying.

If I'm not mistaken, I think that his biomeri should be silent and yung should make a move to end the chase.

If I'm wrong, show us the truth, thanks.

Evidence

Replay / Screenshot Link(s): https://uploadir.com/76136/n0tkIxa8t6

RE: Report - Yung, Biomeri - Cam - 2023-08-30 22:03

Technically, based on the police guide, Bio was Cop 1. The police guide states:

Quote:Whilst in a chase, the closest cop to the suspect is commonly known as "Cop 1"

It does not specifically deal with whether Cop 1 (closest to the suspect) is able decide if they can pit stop or not. Instead it deals with the following in relation to Cop 1:

Quote:Cop 1 is the cop which should inform the other units in the chase about the movements of the driver.

and

Quote:Cop 1 is generally the only cop who may come into contact with the suspect.

I can appreciate the guide does not specifically deal with specific situation where a suspect is requesting to pit stop - however taking a holistic view, the most relevant/applicable part of the guide to rely on in this situation would be this part:

Quote:Usually it is common courtesy to allow the longest-standing cop to call for backup. However, other cops can call backup if they feel it is genuinely required.

It is logical and common courtesy that the longest standing cop should be able able to decide if the suspect can pit stop or not. After all, they have put in the most time chasing the suspect and it was their chase to begin with.

Therefore it follows that Bio technically should have allowed you to make the decision. However, as it is 'only' common courtesy and not a rule (combined with the circumstances whereby you were already a fair distance away after the suspect crashed over the barrier) - no action will be taken against Bio.

Nor will any action will be taken against Yung. This user merely asked if he could pit stop and was told he could (against common courtesy i.e. by a cop who was not the longest-standing cop, albeit not against any rules), and so he did.

No action has been taken as explained
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.