[TC] Gaming Forums
Sydney layout suggestions - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Sydney layout suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=36842)

Sydney layout suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2023-09-26 22:54

A few places buses and other large vehicles have a hard time, and i think one of these is the cause of much chaos in the server at times.

Here, the roof in the Archway is too low for any bus over 3 meters to clear
[Image: lfs-00000196.jpg]
[Image: lfs-00000197.jpg]

If the base of the roof were to rest on the top of the visible pillars, i think the needed clearance would be met.
[Image: lfs-00000198.jpg]

Also the freight location at medora bend has this armco stretching almost all the way across the pickup zone. There is already armcos around the bend and a kink at the exit to slow down possible wrong way fly-ins, making this one rather redundant if its sole purpose is to protect the area. This makes it a PITA when using a large veh to get in and out. Removing it altogether or just making it a bit wider at the ends would help
[Image: lfs-00000194.jpg]

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Vilix - 2023-09-28 16:19

+1 please implement these it’s impossible to drive larger vehicles through those areas. I would also like to have those 3 blue arrow signs in front of the bus stop removed after the tunnel left turn

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - THE WIZARD DK - 2023-10-09 17:17

first image clearly shows the house wall is taller than the blue object.

just aim for the house height. LFS made all bridges etc a good height for all cars.

like sinjanhu always say. use the track for making the lyt. this is one of those things.
also bus stop places i keep bumping into them smashing the bus because they too are too low. basically on all tracks. if you park next to them a bus can almost fit outside line for the road. but not all of them. i would suggest some better places and taller bus stop roofs. it most likely will be so tall they would need 2 more pillars which again will make it rather impossible as i think TC lyts are using max objects on many lyts. which then results to be some sort of compromise in the end. but your images is showing an area that i too see many trucks and busses bump into. some lifting would defo help alot in that area.

(its lower than the fence top. the fence top is as high as the house pillars).
[Image: lfs-00000198.jpg]
concrete pillar under windows are higher than blue object here too.
aim for the fence top or house walls on all tracks as they are made so they fit all vehicles. simplicity.
[Image: lfs-00000196.jpg]
My suggestion would be to raise it to these heights :
[Image: lfs-00000196-2.jpg]
second image shows the pillars go through on top, so they even got space to be higher. objects are made to fit LFS track specs.
so if raised to the top of the pillars they should be same height as the house wall or fence. (problem solved) Smile
[Image: lfs-00000198-2.jpg]

EDIT:
the armco thing. instead of turning in right away , go around the building with the marshall inside. then you got space to 180.
i figured this out after a very long time. but is alot more easy and faster if doing jobs etc as you dont bump into the surroundings. i think it was made this way for this purpose as all of them is made like this. most people seem to turn in right after the armco. instead go straight around the "block" so to speak and turn around to enter other side. = more space to turn.

EDIT2:
LFS already has a standard height or length for objects and what you see on track. i dont know this, but maybe editor has some limit to how high a car can get. my thought is this height is maximum for cars to pass under bridges,signs underpasses etc. this is why south city is great because everything is correct size for LFS. window height and sizes. light poles. everything. it does look like its too big in some tracks. but it does actually fit, size wise. so its a good measurement to keep in mind when making lyts in general.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2023-10-09 19:13

The base of the roof is lower than the pillars, it would just be easier to set them on the pillars (that are 4 meters high) moving the blue overhang wont do much, the entire roof/overhang needs to be moved up.

That Armco is a PITA for large trucks to get through width wise. a shorter armco would solve this.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2023-11-19 15:38

le bump for this week and continued chaos in archway.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - KiiT1337 - 2023-11-25 01:50

le bump for the chaos in archway that is gonna happen again next time we see Sydney...

And on your first message at this topic, about buses not having enough clearance over 3 meters. Most buses i drive i basically drop them down as far as i can, until scratch, and not even riding like that solves that issue on Sydney neither on drifters corner on Aston track, even not having a big deal on Aston due to the 20m range that we can drop passengers at the stations.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2023-11-25 05:12

I mean they can just raise the roof on the archway a bit so i dont have to set a low ride height that sacrifices suspension movement. the scama K460 and the Nielson 380 are both 3.8m high.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - KiiT1337 - 2023-11-25 17:10

(2023-11-25 05:12)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  I mean they can just raise the roof on the archway a bit so i dont have to set a low ride height that sacrifices suspension movement. the scama K460 and the Nielson 380 are both 3.8m high.

i agree with you, and there is the mercedes benz i6, another tall bus..

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2024-01-13 23:27

Bump again...would appreciate some admin input

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Vilix - 2024-01-15 00:29

+1 once again

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - TAZxx - 2024-01-15 20:51

Just, do the things admins

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Ras - 2024-01-15 21:08

I'm not actually sure why there's been no response to this whatsoever. I may have a look at this part of the layout in regards to tall vehicles.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2024-01-16 00:28

Normally I wouldn't pester you guys about stuff but the roof clearance there in the archway is a huge issue, because we can't steer wide enough for the turns (the roof won't allow) and the turn ends up being made too tight which can glitch with the inside wall and send a large vehicle at 1000kmh into any given direction. Thanks for having a look Ras.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Ras - 2024-01-16 15:35

I feel like we perhaps dont need a roof over Archway at all tbh.

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Ras - 2024-01-16 18:31

WIP
[Image: Screenshot-2024-01-16-193110.png]

RE: Sydney layout suggestions - Felipe Jardim - 2024-01-17 01:36

Pro redmin