[TC] Gaming Forums
Perks for premium users - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Perks for premium users (/showthread.php?tid=37230)

Perks for premium users - Marty_Deslions - 2023-12-21 22:18

Many of us appreciate the TC servers for LFS and other games (like Beam and MC). Some of us have made a donation in the past to help pay for these servers to keep them going. Other than a Premium Supporter name badge, wouldn't it be nice to have some other perks that come with this Premium Supporter/donator status?

An advantage of this giving it some more perks is that it may encourage other people to also donate and help to keep the servers going.

So what perks do you have in mind?

Excellent question. So I was thinking about when the LFS servers have 79 connections, and there is a long queue, premium users won't have to wait back at 25th place. They can have a seperate queue and they will be able to join the driving sooner than nonpaying users. I'm not sure if this can be called "pay to win" or whatever. Doesn't Disneyland also have this VIP queue system? (never been there tho)

This queue perk is actually the main focus for this suggestion, but I'm sure you can think of other small perks that would make the experience just a little more nice for Premium Supporters.

For instance:
- A lower rent %, or higher income % for donators. Like maybe a 10% advantage or something.
- A colorable HOME MENU / Tablet PC. The text of the menu could be colorable for donators only.
- Discount for doing license tests. Like 20% discount.
- A one time payment. Lets say 10k or something. (Not really a big fan of this suggesting but I'm just throwing something out there)

Feel free to come up with any other suggestions for perks!

RE: Perks for premium users - Carl - 2023-12-21 23:17

I have voted for the queue priority suggestion as the the others are more "pay-to-win". Suggestions of pay-to-win have been discussed in the past and we've always been very much against that.

RE: Perks for premium users - RedJohn - 2023-12-22 00:53

Please don't ruin TC with these brilliant ideas.

RE: Perks for premium users - January - 2023-12-22 01:36

There are some good suggestions over there but I'd like to mention the main idea of donations is to keep the server alive, if you like the server you can support it with a donation but giving the supporters an advantage over the players like the queue, rent, discount, income, etc, it's quite unfair, it will become a profit method more than support to the server (whoever is capable can enjoy these things but people who cannot afford it should have a different experience of the server).

It could have more perks like having a theme for premium supporters on the forum and things like that.

RE: Perks for premium users - BP - 2023-12-22 04:51

Although it's too late now, I think something like the custom spawn zones would've been a cool premium or admin only feature.

Out of the list you've provided, the only one I agree with is the test discount.

I don't like the idea of queue priorities, including for admins.

RE: Perks for premium users - Matt - 2023-12-22 10:47

Ex-WKD Admin here. Yes, I genuinely paid for that. It's been done and it shouldn't be done.

Pay to win/excel is frankly just not something you should do, ever. Giving donators a benefit like that frankly isn't something I'd ever welcome again as it just encouraged idiocy; and it got very messy if people got banned.

That opinion goes for custom spawn points too really, it's an unfair advantage to people who don't have money to spare; when I started play TC back in 2009, when I was 11 years old, and for most of the years that followed, I didn't have money to spare like that but still loved the game.

However, discounts on license tests and possibly customisation for the home/tablet 'screen' text colour would be welcomed.

RE: Perks for premium users - P V L - 2023-12-22 12:57

I donated to keep TC running, nothing needed on top of that.

RE: Perks for premium users - Yasen - 2023-12-22 16:20

Back in the days I've donated, because I spend much of my free time playing as a COP here. I wanted to just support the idea. Also the other reason really was that I needed TC lights (free to use) and number pad binds (available/works only for donators).

Because It's also much unfair to be sended outside the map by erratic driver, flipped on one side or roof, where rescue units cannot reach you and help, you have to wait free pit to not be fined(500€), loosing your trip and have to wait 20+ positions on queue (eventually).

RE: Perks for premium users - Turbo - 2023-12-22 19:17

Not sure about others but I personally wouldn't like to wait in a 15+ queue, I get to position 1 and a donator or even multiple donators join and I'm pushed back even after waiting for that long.

If Admins don't get queue priority - neither should supporters imo.

RE: Perks for premium users - A n a n s i - 2023-12-22 20:02

No for every suggestion. Maybe the test discount one isn't bad, but my firm stance is still no for any.

RE: Perks for premium users - Grizz - 2023-12-22 20:47

(2023-12-22 04:51)BP Wrote:  Although it's too late now, I think something like the custom spawn zones would've been a cool premium or admin only feature.

Out of the list you've provided, the only one I agree with is the test discount.

I don't like the idea of queue priorities, including for admins.

This.

RE: Perks for premium users - Vilix - 2023-12-23 11:58

I don't think giving special "game-impacting" treatment like priority in queues or higher earnings to premium users is a good idea. It would create an unnecessary disparity between regular and premium users in an already compact community.

On the other hand, some simple customization could work. For example, premium players could be greeted by the welcome message in gold color, rather than default grey for example when they connect to the server. There's other alternative ideas too obviously, but that's the kind of thing I'd consider if there were any perks for donating.

RE: Perks for premium users - A n a n s i - 2023-12-23 15:11

(2023-12-23 11:58)Vilix Wrote:  For example, premium players could be greeted by the welcome message in gold color, rather than default grey for example when they connect to the server.

This I agree with. It's a simple change that won't give any **P2W-ish** benefit to the player wearing the name colour. For instance, in most Garry's Mod public servers, players do have a custom tag for being a donator or any other role they obtained/paid for. Stuff like you can see whenever one of those players type in chat:
[Donator] <player name> - <random message>

RE: Perks for premium users - Robis - 2023-12-23 16:19

Make an ingame chat for supporters only for example.
Give supporters a different color tires for !rb roadblock.

RE: Perks for premium users - Yukine - 2023-12-23 17:15

I made a couple of donations in the span of 10 years, people should kiss my feet and give me their wealth.

Joke apart, I'm all for cosmetic advantages but it would be sad to see advantages that looks like pay-to-win servers.

There's people of all ages on TC, situations, background, etc.
Today I can spare money for a donation while a year ago I was in financial precarity/poverty to the point I had to ask for money be able to pay my rent.

I don't wish to see inequality in terms of roleplay (difference in fees, and other gameplay altering perks).

I believe donations should be at-will and stays as "donations", not to get advantages.

RE: Perks for premium users - Turbo - 2023-12-23 18:02

(2023-12-23 17:15)Yukine Wrote:  I made a couple of donations in the span of 10 years, people should kiss my feet and give me their wealth.

Joke apart, I'm all for cosmetic advantages but it would be sad to see advantages that looks like pay-to-win servers.

There's people of all ages on TC, situations, background, etc.
Today I can spare money for a donation while a year ago I was in financial precarity/poverty to the point I had to ask for money be able to pay my rent.

I don't wish to see inequality in terms of roleplay (difference in fees, and other gameplay altering perks).

I believe donations should be at-will and stays as "donations", not to get advantages.

+1