[TC] Gaming Forums
Cop improved rank system - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Cop improved rank system (/showthread.php?tid=37277)

Pages: 1 2

Cop improved rank system - Hamster - 2023-12-31 18:16

Hello,
The current police system is such that regardless of what police rank you have, each person receives the same amount of money and there are no benefits from advancing in rank.
For each police promotion, we should get some benefit, e.g.
- bonus in the form of the possibility of giving the range of the fine we want to give, e.g. for careless driving, from 30 to 100. We can give, for example, 55. It would be available from a higher cop rank,
- cash bonus for leveling,
- the priority of joining existing chases should be in order from highest to lowest ranks, and not as random as it is now.

Do you have any idea for other form of benefits to higher cop ranks? Write below!

This is how the rank of cop looks like in TC World profile:
[Image: f0QJPK8.png]

This is how the list of statistics of the cop XP with the rank looks like:
[Image: iTn0axw.png]

RE: Cop improved rank system - sakopl1 - 2023-12-31 18:36

i think that these benefits should improve COPING a lot.
The ticketing system should have more freedom. For example, now we can only pick few options of tickets in each category (30€ 60€ 100€ in careless driving). It would be great to be able to fine someone with my own fine (we could have actual price range from 30-100€ and I would like to give someone 66€ based on my observations and experience.).

Also idea from me, the higher COP rank, the stronger COP items. Roadblock could be harder to pass by adding more tires, depending on COP rank.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Hamster - 2023-12-31 18:38

(2023-12-31 18:36)sakopl1 Wrote:  i think that these benefits should improve COPING a lot.
The ticketing system should have more freedom. For example, now we can only pick few options of tickets in each category (30€ 60€ 100€ in careless driving). It would be great to be able to fine someone with my own fine (we could have actual price range from 30-100€ and I would like to give someone 66€ based on my observations and experience.).

Also idea from me, the higher COP rank, the stronger COP items. Roadblock could be harder to pass by adding more tires, depending on COP rank.

I like the idea, a roadblock that evolves and becomes stronger as you rank up Thumbup1

RE: Cop improved rank system - The RazeR - 2023-12-31 19:24

For me this doesn't make any sense and there is no reason to give higher rank cops an advantage. As if someone has lower rank it's not fair for them when someone that played a lot on server has already maxed out/has very high cop rank.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Samet - 2023-12-31 19:37

(2023-12-31 19:24)The RazeR Wrote:  For me this doesn't make any sense and there is no reason to give higher rank cops an advantage. As if someone has lower rank it's not fair for them when someone that played a lot on server has already maxed out/has very high cop rank.

+1

RE: Cop improved rank system - Carlos - 2023-12-31 19:45

(2023-12-31 18:36)sakopl1 Wrote:  It would be great to be able to fine someone with my own fine (we could have actual price range from 30-100€ and I would like to give someone 66€ based on my observations and experience.).

i can already see people abusing this.

RE: Cop improved rank system - The RazeR - 2023-12-31 20:24

(2023-12-31 18:36)sakopl1 Wrote:  i think that these benefits should improve COPING a lot.

This ticketing system is the biggest bullshit I have ever heard. Really it's not needed to change it. People are abusing the tickets right now so they will abuse it with this new idea and possibly find a bug that unlocks higher ticket so. And also "stronger roadblocks" are also REALLY BAD idea. It's like when you are coping with a bus and do a road block which is legal to do on TC Citydriving (still not seen in real life cuz it won't be here). Adding more tyres won't do roadblocks "STRONGER" because it doesn't affect the strength or something like that to roadblock. To make it even suspect CANT full ram the roadblock and it's illegal to do so, for example if they see the roadblock they either need to overtake it somehow or slow down and then try to squeeze between the object and police.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Grizz - 2023-12-31 20:32

I do agree in parts. I do not like the idea of giving people more way to earn money (increasing fine value), but the roadblock idea smells good.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Jacob - 2023-12-31 21:01

The idea is good, but what if, instead of different amounts of fines, an individual received a one-time financial reward upon promotion. So that people try to do their work more in order to get promoted.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Yukine - 2023-12-31 21:36

Little spin-off: what about a fine rate multiplier based on the wealth? Kinda inspired from Finland and their fines based on income.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Servet_zngl - 2023-12-31 22:55

This development will further increase the number of police officers (which are already high enough). I think it's not very important

RE: Cop improved rank system - Carl - 2023-12-31 23:43

(2023-12-31 21:36)Yukine Wrote:  Little spin-off: what about a fine rate multiplier based on the wealth? Kinda inspired from Finland and their fines based on income.

I would like to be the first COP to fine PVL.

It could work but I don't think it will be very well received by the rich fellas.

RE: Cop improved rank system - SeanProdTV - 2024-01-01 02:44

Like i mentioned on discord , only way cop ranking would make real sense would be if low ranking could only do !backup1 where as higher could do !backup4 , also past a certian level to be able to do !mayday as it would be only used by long time tc player (aka 100k XP?)
Only down side for long time player (like my self) I played alot of cop before the XP has been even implemented and it all previous chases have not been encounted to my level.

[/spoiler]Apologies for any misspellings, I'm doing this of my phone and it's really awkward [spoiler]

RE: Cop improved rank system - Felipe Jardim - 2024-01-01 15:13

A little off topic

So those old enough to remember, will probably recall that before the structured fine system, the user would just type !fine <username><amount> similar to what the admins do when people avoid swear filter. I would love to be able to use this command again, however i can see it being abused which is probably why it was taken away to begin with. If this could be introduced again to give a custom fine LOWER than the crime committed (example 120 euro speeding fine reduced to a 40 euro fine) i think that would be great.

RE: Cop improved rank system - BP - 2024-01-01 15:57

(2024-01-01 15:13)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  A little off topic

So those old enough to remember, will probably recall that before the structured fine system, the user would just type !fine <username><amount> similar to what the admins do when people avoid swear filter. I would love to be able to use this command again, however i can see it being abused which is probably why it was taken away to begin with. If this could be introduced again to give a custom fine LOWER than the crime committed (example 120 euro speeding fine reduced to a 40 euro fine) i think that would be great.

I don't think this was ever a thing.

AFAIK the original system was simply the cop telling the suspect (in the chat) how much to !pay.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Carl - 2024-01-01 16:10

(2023-12-31 18:16)Hamster Wrote:  -bonus in the form of the possibility of giving the range of the fine we want to give, e.g. for careless driving, from 30 to 100. We can give, for example, 55. It would be available from a higher cop rank

Custom fine lengths within the existing range that we have seems kinda cool.

(2023-12-31 18:16)Hamster Wrote:  - cash bonus for leveling

I like this

(2023-12-31 18:16)Hamster Wrote:  - the priority of joining existing chases should be in order from highest to lowest ranks, and not as random as it is now.

Not a fan of this idea, it seems more of a barrier to entry for the COPs with lower XP. No offence to anybody, but there are COPs in this server who have a lot of XP and are still just as bad as they were when they started.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Felipe Jardim - 2024-01-01 21:49

(2024-01-01 15:57)BP Wrote:  
(2024-01-01 15:13)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  A little off topic

I don't think this was ever a thing.

AFAIK the original system was simply the cop telling the suspect (in the chat) how much to !pay.

Maybe thats what it was, but its been 15 yrs please leave me alone hhhh

RE: Cop improved rank system - Hamster - 2024-01-02 10:55

Ok, so from what I see with Sako, most people don't like the idea and prefer to have a system where advancing through ranks does absolutely nothing.
But then what are all these ranks and levels for? And the whole look of police badges and chat information about advancing to the next level... a bit pointless. Empty roleplay, hmm.

It's a bit strange that Police Recruit Level 1 has everything exactly the same as the advanced Commissioner Level 8.
IRL, these two people have completely different competences and tasks to do.

RE: Cop improved rank system - P V L - 2024-01-02 12:43

In real live its like 3 or 4 lowest ranked cops are driving on the streets at patrols.

All the others ranked above sit in their offices and have donuts with coffee.

RE: Cop improved rank system - Vilix - 2024-01-02 13:50

Here's what I thought of, it's quite radical but I think it could be fun:

To stimulate more teamwork between cops, once you reach a certain cop XP level, you unlock a new cop role that specializes as a support/roadblock unit for chases. Simply put, as Razer mentioned some cops take heavy vehicles like a bus to use as a roadblock in a chase. In certain maps like Kyoto this is usually a guaranteed bust.

My idea is to regulate what kind of heavy vehicles can be used so for example large vehicles such as vans or lifted trucks can be used by the new support cop role in chases, as well as any normal vehicles. At the same time, any other cops (who aren't eligible for the role because they aren't high enough level) cannot use heavy vehicles anymore for roadblocks etc.

To make it worthwhile for people to play this new role, there could be a "teamwork" bonus added. So for example a chase that calls for the support cop, which eventually can lead to busting the suspect, a teamwork bonus is granted for all participating cops (ie. an extra 50 euros per cop.