[TC] Gaming Forums
Swear words in other languages - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Swear words in other languages (/showthread.php?tid=37674)

Pages: 1 2

Swear words in other languages - Dz0fps - 2024-03-18 19:15

Swear words in other languages should be added to the insime, because we do not understand when people swear at us and they are not penalised unless we complain.

(of course it is not possible to add swear words in all languages, but swear words in general languages used in the game can be added)

RE: Swear words in other languages - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-18 21:10

Yes good idea

+1

RE: Swear words in other languages - Felipe Jardim - 2024-03-18 23:21

can't wait when i get sworn at in turkish and the actor gets -1k hHHHhhHh

RE: Swear words in other languages - Vilix - 2024-03-19 09:54

+1, punish those actors

RE: Swear words in other languages - Matt - 2024-03-19 10:00

Totally agree

RE: Swear words in other languages - AnansiMaxine - 2024-03-19 12:15

Have fun adding all the swear words of all the languages from the countries of the people that play in TC.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Felipe Jardim - 2024-03-20 00:24

That's simple. Just create a database, with the words, abbreviations, and other forms of spelling with an English translation in a thread here in the forums, and chuck can add those words as the thread gets updated.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Turbo - 2024-03-20 07:39

People still find ways to get around the filter.

Also that's a lot of swear words to add, there's a lot of languages in the world.

RE: Swear words in other languages - P V L - 2024-03-20 10:51

True, there may be no way to add all words for all languages that could be used.

Easy way could be to get a small fine of 10 or 20 € any time its not english spoken.

No idea if this can be done by insim with not a lot of work, may fail here and there even.

Still it could be helpful to keep the non english rate down on the long run. P V L.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Yukine - 2024-03-20 15:04

I don't see the harm in including common foreign swears in the swear table.

RE: Swear words in other languages - dmrzn - 2024-03-20 18:12

I don't know about other languages but they urgently need to stop swearing for Turks.

RE: Swear words in other languages - January - 2024-03-20 18:53

(2024-03-20 10:51)P V L Wrote:  True, there may be no way to add all words for all languages that could be used.

Easy way could be to get a small fine of 10 or 20 € any time its not english spoken.

No idea if this can be done by insim with not a lot of work, may fail here and there even.

Still it could be helpful to keep the non english rate down on the long run. P V L.

I am with this idea Thumbup

RE: Swear words in other languages - Vilix - 2024-05-01 09:09

Sorry in advance for the bump.

I really think this suggestion should be implemented, or at least given some response from TC because I'd say the language situation is getting worse on the server. Unless there is an admin on the server (which usually only happens towards evenings) the server is filled with people swearing and talking in other languages, 90% of the time Turkish. This occasionally happens even when there is an admin online.

I'm not going to pretend I know how to code insim, but shouldn't it be easy enough to just add frequently used swear words to the fine list? It would actually teach some users to follow chat rules.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Samet - 2024-05-01 17:00

i can help for swear words

RE: Swear words in other languages - Yukine - 2024-05-01 18:26

I don't understand why racial slurs aren't detected/deal with by the system.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Ali - 2024-05-01 21:01

Good idea, even if there are Turks in the game who violate these rules we can help.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Yılmaz Ali F. - 2024-05-08 06:21

Absolutely I agree. Some people may swear occasionally, but they talk among themselves in their chat channels. But there is a problem that in the Turkish chat channel, swear words are used that you would never think of, and in normal chat, they change swear abbreviations or one letter in the swear word. If this regulation is to come, the issue I mentioned should also be addressed.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Kazanova - 2024-05-17 17:01

I fully agree, as a lithuanian i see alot of other lithuanians swearing and nothing happens to them.

I'm willing to help with words if need.

RE: Swear words in other languages - Adorable - 2024-05-18 00:20

Someone created has a dataset of swear words lol.

https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/tushifire/ldnoobw/

RE: Swear words in other languages - Chuck - 2024-05-18 06:34

The problem with a automatic solution is that it is prone to fail, fail utterly. There are many words in other languages that have no meaning in english.
Imagine you say something like "Its sunny outside" and get a 1000€ fine just because "its" is a swearword in Bambara language. Therefore it is what it is, it only filters 3 words we are very sure of we not wanna see them in the chat, and EVEN THEN we have false positives and refund requests.