[TC] Gaming Forums
HGV Income adjustment - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: HGV Income adjustment (/showthread.php?tid=37694)

HGV Income adjustment - Felipe Jardim - 2024-03-22 02:58

While doing BUS and freight missions with the boys tonight, the general consensus was that traditional farming is still a bit more profitable than doing missions when you factor in time. I know chuck adjusted payments for the missions to bridge the gap a bit, but the fact is HGV's are just too slow to stay within driving income range on the roads. Even with restriction, we still find ourselves barely grazing +4, especially in bus missions where the constant stopping brings us back down and regaining speed is a slow, tedious task that draws most players away from it. The ones that suffer the most from this are the Karobus/Ikarus busses because they are already slow and with restriction they barely move.

If HGV's had a base income of +4 (like Carlos's BE0E53 HEAVY RESCUE TRUCK)

BE0E53

LFS Mod Skin ID: BE0E53

Name:
HEAVY RESCUE TRUCK

it would help us stay in a good income range throughout the mission.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - zgrywus1908 - 2024-03-22 03:05

I agree it would help to do bus trips. As I mostly play Ikarus as a bus, with restriction it gets soo slow. Some uphills take ages to overcome. And if bus stop is on the hill, rolling this bus becomes quite a mission

RE: HGV Income adjustment - Yukine - 2024-03-22 07:47

I'd like to see bus jobs being equal or better than cruising in terms of income. Thumbup1

A bus or a cargo truck takes time to reach the speed limit and generally aren't made to go above 80kph, which means a lower income & bonus.
In addition to that, the frequent stops also depreciate income and bonus, which makes those roleplay jobs not worth it income wise compared to cruising.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-22 08:47

When you think about it, it's actually abit strange that just driving can make more money then doing work like delivery or bussing.

So a +1 from me, please increase the payout for actual jobs like delivery. Tho I would prefer to have more payout per job, rather than driving income increased.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - Matt - 2024-03-22 09:01

Honestly I like this idea - the HGV and BUS classes just aren't quick enough, even on SO with very short gearing avoiding the 75mph roads for the most part.

Perhaps a vehicle speed limit of 75mph (even in 100mph+ zones) could help with this? And/or scaling income for HGV/BUS (specifically only if they're on a mission, i.e. bus route or freight delivery) to 75% of the threshold?

i.e. the speed required for +4 in a HGV/BUS is 75% of what's required for +4 in a car capable of +4 income without restriction. Ultimately that still doesn't totally level it out, but it may encourage more players to further go through the delivery/bus missions rather than just driving a restricted UF1 in a circle.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - ThePonczeK - 2024-03-22 13:39

Agreed, income is not big enough, you make more money with just a cheap +4 or even a +3.5 car and to bus you have to invest into the bus, garage space and license.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - Vilix - 2024-03-22 14:43

I suggested the original income increase for all role specific jobs, it has indeed increased and with the addition of being able to earn money while renting a vehicle has certainly helped I do agree that normal speed-limit driving with a restricted car seems to still dominate.

I think there should be a SLIGHT increase in income, but not in terms of driving income (because of the reasons I mentioned) but instead to the payout of the actual jobs. For example, driving the huge SCAMA for freight missions provides virtually zero income, and the majority of the money is earned by driving "under" the speed limit to different destinations. Considering that if you are loading and unloading 5k+ KG of cargo you are stationary most of the time that should be compensated to not discourage players its wasted income.

PS: I don't know how this would be dealt with tbh but I just wanted to mention its slightly unfair that people take small buses or small trucks will always earn much more money than a large bus or a large truck doing similar jobs.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - Felipe Jardim - 2024-03-22 23:52

Whether its driving income increase or Job payout increase, either one would be nice to see. I personally would prefer those vehicles to have a higher income in case people just want to cruise in them without doing missions. +4 is a fair number, because it would benefit those who don't like using restriction for the sake of speed.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - Felipe Jardim - 2024-04-16 02:19

Just to shed some light on the subject, the ROSSA bus is much faster than any real heavy bus, even with 50% restriction and it can sustain higher driving income (due to it being able to keep close to the speed limit) whereas a KAROBUS, METROBUS, MECA 371 is doing +3 at best, with +2 being more common even with 30% restriction, because anything more than that those buses can't get any actual speed. It's silly that i can get on a bike or XFG and make more money for the amount of time im investing, i rather do a HGV related job, not just bussing but also freight for the sake of gameplay, but we should be compensated a bit more in the driving income at the very least. Votes show that this is something the community would welcome, it even has marty's support which is basically worth 40 people.

RE: HGV Income adjustment - Vilix - 2024-04-16 08:57

(2024-04-16 02:19)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Votes show that this is something the community would welcome, it even has marty's support which is basically worth 40 people.

Sadly (from personal experience) community votes on a poll usually mean nothing for suggestions like this, and considering the absence of engagement from TC or Chuck I wouldn't get my hopes up.