[TC] Gaming Forums
Corby layout change - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Corby layout change (/showthread.php?tid=37707)

Pages: 1 2

Corby layout change - Jacob - 2024-03-23 14:47

Hello,
i have noticed at Corby one thing which gave to suspects an unfair advantage.

Right behind main spawn is one way road which is marked by arrows and ended by "oneway speedbumps". With many normal sets you cannot run over them, but many players use this as an unfair advantage by using higher suspension and running it over wrongway. Sure COPS can go around BUT there is loooong gap between second entry and this "entry" and suspect can escape easily.

Close look

[Image: shit1.jpg]

The way COPS have to make to catch up with suspect. (RED - suspect, BLUE - cops)

[Image: shit2.jpg]

Suggestion is just delete these oneway speedbumpers.

Thank you.
Jacob

RE: Corby layout change - Hamster - 2024-03-23 14:51

Of course it should have been corrected a long time ago.
Cars with higher suspension or people who are lucky can go through this very high speedbump, and the cop chasing them will hit the speedbump, losing the chase and destroying themselves.

RE: Corby layout change - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-23 15:47

-1 from me.

Not every car is the same. You choose what car you drive. For example, if I wanna drive a buggy with hybrid tyres and play in the sandpool while cops in FZ5's and road tyres trying to catch me, is that unfair? No its just freedom of choice. You choose a car and setup that lies low, which benefits handling, sure. But don't expect everyone else to do the same and choose the same kind of car/set.

Whats next? Blocking off all small gabs where bikers can fit through but cars can't? Or closing off litterally all offroad parts that are unfit for roadtyres?

It's just part of the game.

*insert "cry about it, deal with it" gif*

no offense tho

RE: Corby layout change - Petsu - 2024-03-23 15:50

I think it should stay as it is. It's purely cops own decision to chase suspect with higher suspension while using car with very low ground clearance already and then making it even lower by using setup favoured towards racing. If cop wants to be sure suspect cant use certain ground level differences to their advantage, he can use vehicle better suited to tackle those obstacles himself Smile It's the same thing as when suspect is using very small car, every gap that uf1 will fit through but fz5 wont isn't going to be blocked to hinder suspects opportunities to use their cars qualities to their advantage.

RE: Corby layout change - 7mar - 2024-03-23 16:05

Administrator Message by: petsu

Message removed. Useless, rude and provocative posts.

Warning level raised.

RE: Corby layout change - ThePonczeK - 2024-03-23 17:42

-1, its your decision to make the mistake of running a low suspension racing setup.

RE: Corby layout change - Adorable - 2024-03-23 18:00

(2024-03-23 15:50)Petsu Wrote:  I think it should stay as it is. It's purely cops own decision to chase suspect with higher suspension while using car with very low ground clearance already and then making it even lower by using setup favoured towards racing.

This sounds wrong. Anyone using a car with a high suspension becomes immune to cops in which case? Or at least in Corby?

For the sake of consistency, with HGV vehicles getting autobusted for example, remove the speedbump or add an auto-spec for going wrong side there. This stops some suspects from becoming immune or requiring special backup to stop.

RE: Corby layout change - 7mar - 2024-03-23 18:28

Administrator Message by: petsu

Message removed. Useless, rude and provocative posts.

Warning level raised.

RE: Corby layout change - Hamster - 2024-03-23 18:32

So if you take a car with a higher suspension and go there and a cop with a lower suspension is chasing you, which is 99% of the time, you are practically guaranteed to escape from the cops.

I know this because it happened before. You can't catch up afterwards. It's practically impossible unless you're chasing a noob.

I remember when I started escaping on a motorcycle along the road on the outer part of Rockingham (owal), it was easy. Then they blocked this possibility with obstacles. There is a similar case here.

RE: Corby layout change - RedJohn - 2024-03-23 18:33

Just remove this track from rotation pls

RE: Corby layout change - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-23 18:39

(2024-03-23 18:32)Hamster Wrote:  So if you take a car with a higher suspension and go there and a cop with a lower suspension is chasing you, which is 99% of the time, you are practically guaranteed to escape from the cops.

What if you just get a set for copping that sits a bit higher? I mean sure your low custom pro fz5 set bla is faster in the corner, sure it is. But if you're copping, why not adjust your set abit to fit that job? So just lift it abit. Easy.

(2024-03-23 18:33)RedJohn Wrote:  Just remove this track from rotation pls
:brain:

why didnt we think of that in the first place XD

man why do i get the feeling these guys (not u RJ) are just not even serious about this but just trolling around for fun or smth. Like, they go acting like the stereotypical 6s / fz5 driver (eventhough its not true obviously, lets not generalize). But this thread makes me doubt it.

RE: Corby layout change - Vilix - 2024-03-23 18:56

(2024-03-23 16:05)7mar Wrote:  -1 from me, just open your eyes next time. maybe u were a bit nervous??????

im sorry, i just cant keep ignoring this anymore. why are you 6s guys literally just "teaming up" on everyone? lmfao

(2024-03-23 18:39)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  man why do i get the feeling these guys (not u RJ) are just not even serious about this but just trolling around for fun or smth. Like, they go acting like the stereotypical 6s / fz5 driver (eventhough its not true obviously, lets not generalize). But this thread makes me doubt it.

How about we stop this silly game of insulting and generalizing about people and teams? The point of this thread is to get a feel for how the community or admins feel about a possible change, not for people to throw around cheap shots at others.

RE: Corby layout change - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-23 19:00

(2024-03-23 18:56)Vilix Wrote:  
(2024-03-23 16:05)7mar Wrote:  -1 from me, just open your eyes next time. maybe u were a bit nervous??????

im sorry, i just cant keep ignoring this anymore. why are you 6s guys literally just "teaming up" on everyone? lmfao

(2024-03-23 18:39)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  man why do i get the feeling these guys (not u RJ) are just not even serious about this but just trolling around for fun or smth. Like, they go acting like the stereotypical 6s / fz5 driver (eventhough its not true obviously, lets not generalize). But this thread makes me doubt it.

How about we stop this silly game of insulting and generalizing about people and teams? The point of this thread is to get a feel for how the community or admins feel about a possible change, not for people to throw around cheap shots at others.

Im not here to insult anyone, but to me this thread just feels abit like its almost made as a joke from team 6s. Like it almost makes me doubt whether or not it's made seriously or just a stereotypical joke. Again, not insulting.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

RE: Corby layout change - Jacob - 2024-03-23 19:09

Uhh what? I don't even know who you are lmao.

It was just a suggestion for a change and I don't know why, but most of you took it as me having a nervous breakdown after one lost chase. I'm absolutely fine and it's definitely not going to make my world come crashing down.

However, thanks for your meaningful answers and I just skipped over the frustration answers.

RE: Corby layout change - Jacob - 2024-03-23 19:44

(2024-03-23 18:39)Marty_Deslions Wrote:  Im not here to insult anyone, but to me this thread just feels abit like its almost made as a joke from team 6s. Like it almost makes me doubt whether or not it's made seriously or just a stereotypical joke. Again, not insulting.

To clarify this i did not write there "Team 6S thinks...." This is suggestion made by me and if there was something in the past then i don't know that because i came back from dead not long time ago. Please leave 6S out of this.

RE: Corby layout change - BP - 2024-03-23 19:50

I'd be happy to remove it if Chuck would be willing to add a wrong-way checker there if possible. This could spec anyone wrong-waying there.

RE: Corby layout change - SIMOX - 2024-03-23 20:12

Now i don't really drive on corby but that ramp is dumb, also i doubt that anyone even uses that exit because there are 2 other exits to the most popular oval. Didn't blackwood industrial have these at the roundabout near big container yard but got removed eventually? It creates more problems than it solves. You can get a much bigger headon collision in any other part of the track if someone decides to WW.

RE: Corby layout change - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-23 21:16

(2024-03-23 17:42)ThePonczeK Wrote:  -1, its your decision to make the mistake of running a low suspension racing setup.

Well said.

also, its not a hotlapping racing server, its city driving. In a city there can be bumps. In a city there can be other things on the road that make it harder to drive the perfect line like you would do on a racetrack. I understand if you have a sport/racing setup with many many hours into it that drives the way you want, sure. That would be great on a race server where those tiny differences in laptimes can matter. But afaik this is a citydriving server with the focus on cruising/cops n robbers/RP/jobs/farming, and not as much as on hotlapping. But if I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

RE: Corby layout change - Dale - 2024-03-23 21:58

Id personally say that doing something like this can be considered against the rules, Specifically this one:

Quote:3.11. Stunts & Stunt Areas
- Participating in stunt events is not allowed (e.g. climbing on fun structures). However, you may pass through the designated stunt areas.
- Doing stunts to gain advantage in chase is forbidden. (e.g. jumping over fences/walls/barriers).

but its a difficult one as some cops may be quick enough to go other end of the pitlane to catch them.

RE: Corby layout change - Ghutra - 2024-03-23 23:45

+1 Thumbup

The ramp was removed at some point. I save the layouts from time to time to keep an up-to-date layout to mess around or drive fast without killing anyone.
TC-L2022-12 and TC-L2023-01 I have them without the ramp, but then in TC-L2023-10 it was back. I am not sure if the auto-spec was implemented back then.

Which also raises the question as to why make THAT specific one ONLY one way?. Even the WW auto-spec doesn't make any sense. Think about it as an outsider: Out of all places for an auto-spec zone to be in is at that tiny road but then the Oval and the rest of the Paddock/Spawn Area doesn't have any? Weird.