[TC] Gaming Forums
CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds (/showthread.php?tid=37722)

CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - Abyss - 2024-03-25 20:21

CruiseBuddy
CruiseBuddy was created out of passion for Live for Speed, [TC] CityDriving and as a project for learning new programming language. Idea of this tool is to give some extra capabilities on top of existing InSim of [TC] CityDriving servers. You're welcome to suggest new ideas which would extend this tool and make it more essential for everyone.

CruiseBuddy will work only while playing on [TC] CityDriving servers.

Current Functionalities
Audible Notifications
Audible configured notifications for various events like SOS calls, AFK warning and chat mentions. Set specific audible notification for when getting a tow call, police call or when someone is reporting a danger or requesting a support. Includes AFK warning notification so you can get back into the game before you get kicked and Chat Mention notification so you won't miss a message when someone uses your name in the chat.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-04-155704.png]

Event-Based Tracker and Quick-Spectate (Peeking)
Automated tracker which sets a tracked player when responding to a call. You can also manually select a player to track. Tracking gives you a chance to peek at the player while holding a configured keybind which can be changed any time.

Peeking is not available while in a chase as it would give unfair advantage.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-04-160518.png]

Dynamic Keybinds
The idea is to have multiple keybinds on the same keys which would work only for specific roles. For example, you have a button on the wheel, you can bind it to command !chase when playing as COP, but when you're CIV, it will be binded to command !getup and etc.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-04-155913.png]

Download
Read before downloading: https://github.com/writeAbyssinian/CruiseBuddy/blob/main/README.md
Download & Install .NET Framework library: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2203304
Download CruiseBuddy: https://github.com/writeAbyssinian/CruiseBuddy/releases/latest

Issues & Suggestions
Please reply in this thread about any bugs, issues or suggestions Heart

RE: [TC] Helper (v1.0) - Audible Notifications and Event-Based Tracker - Carl - 2024-03-25 20:37

Hi,

What you have created looks interesting and seems to have good intentions. However, we urge you to change the name of the application at the earliest convience. This is so that it does not imply that it is created or endorsded by us. [TC] is the team, CityDriving is the server name.

Some naming examples

CityHelper
CDHelp
CityAssist
etc.

Please reply to this post to let us know that you have changed all the relevant material to remove the team tag from your project. Smile

RE: [TC] Helper (v1.0) - Audible Notifications and Event-Based Tracker - Abyss - 2024-03-25 20:42

(2024-03-25 20:37)Carl Wrote:  Hi,

What you have created looks interesting and seems to have good intentions. However, we urge you to change the name of the application at the earliest convience. This is so that it does not imply that it is created or edorsded by us. [TC] is the team, CityDriving is the server name.

Some naming examples

CityHelper
CDHelp
CityAssist
etc.

Please reply to this post to let us know that you have changed all the relevant material to remove the team tag from your project. Smile

Didn't thought of that, sorry, changing right now.

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.0) - Audible Notifications and Event-Based Tracker - Adorable - 2024-03-26 01:44

Open source it if you'd like, even if the code may not be the most elegant I'd be happy to contribute to it.

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.0) - Audible Notifications and Event-Based Tracker - TheStigUSA - 2024-03-26 11:31

Very cool!

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.0) - Audible Notifications and Event-Based Tracker - Abyss - 2024-03-26 19:50

(2024-03-26 01:44)Adorable Wrote:  Open source it if you'd like, even if the code may not be the most elegant I'd be happy to contribute to it.

Had that in mind, but I don't think I'm ready to open source it right now. It needs some refactoring and rewriting some structural things, maybe in the future I'll make it available for everyone to contribute. Thanks for your suggestion.

(2024-03-26 11:31)TheStigUSA Wrote:  Very cool!

Thank you!

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.0) - Audible Notifications and Event-Based Tracker - Abyss - 2024-04-02 19:33

Thanks to everyone who tried out and gave some feedback on direct messages.
I'm working towards new update, doing a lot of code refactoring and rewriting before implementing new features.

Did a lot of work already after initial release, still need to rewrite modules and buttons.

Although there is one upcoming feature in development and here is a sneak peek:

Long story short - it gives you ability to have different keybinds on the same button. Which keybind is active at that moment depends on your current role.

For example, you can see that I have the same button (Button2) mapped for two different commands - when COP it will send !laser command, when Civilian it will send !getup command.

I might add checking for state too - different keybinds for COP when patroling, joining or chasing, or for responder when patroling or in a call.

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - Abyss - 2024-05-05 13:13

Happy to announce CruiseBuddy 1.1!

A lot of internal improvements, most of the code was rewritten from the ground resulting in much more easier future maintenance. In addition - everything has UI from now on! This should make setup process a lot easier.

Main new feature:
Dynamic Keybinds
The idea is to have multiple keybinds on the same keys which would work only for specific roles. For example, you have a button on the wheel, you can bind it to command !chase when playing as COP, but when you're CIV, it will be binded to command !getup and etc.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-04-155913.png]

Download
Read before downloading: https://github.com/writeAbyssinian/CruiseBuddy/blob/main/README.md
Download & Install .NET Framework library: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2203304
Download CruiseBuddy: https://github.com/writeAbyssinian/CruiseBuddy/releases/latest

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - salman - 2024-05-05 22:09

You can make a system that has a strobe and siren feature like TC Lights. My system does not run TC lights in a meaningless way and rdsr lights remain very basic. It will be a good feature for players who have the same problem as me.

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - Metcan Kocas - 2024-05-06 11:41

epic!

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - Abyss - 2024-05-06 17:24

(2024-05-05 22:09)salman Wrote:  You can make a system that has a strobe and siren feature like TC Lights. My system does not run TC lights in a meaningless way and rdsr lights remain very basic. It will be a good feature for players who have the same problem as me.

TCLights is advanced system which is doing everything you need regarding strobes and sirens, it works with extra lights, has a lot of configurations, I think it would take a long time to make and so little people would use it as they're already used to TCLights. Did you let Elmo know that you have problems with TCLights? I hope he can help you solve this out.

(2024-05-06 11:41)Metcan Kocas Wrote:  epic!

Thank you a lot!

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - THE WIZARD DK - 2024-05-16 01:01

maybe a sound for busses when arriving. maybe connected to when tc insim activates passengers on/off it plays a bus stop sound. also [TAXI] drivers responding to calls could be a phone sound when activated.

just spilling thoughts i thought could be cool for this program if possible.

RE: CruiseBuddy (v1.1) - Audible Notifications, Event-Based Tracker, Dynamic Keybinds - davv - 2024-06-04 13:59

Is there any option to achieve support for Windows 7? I know I ask for much, don't be obligated or smth Smile