[TC] Gaming Forums
Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses (/showthread.php?tid=37724)

Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-26 20:27

I don't know about you guys, but I noticed crashing bus drivers lately. Tonight there was this new player, I checked his profile on TC world, he joined tc like 1 or 2 weeks ago, and already driving a bus and crashing and messing around etc.

I'm suggesting the HGV/BUS license system to be reconsidered and improved, so that new player cannot simply buy a license and go messing, and having admen tell them to drive normal. Either have like a minimum of 2.500 km on the server, or have a test like the cop/med/etc test. Or better, either of those.

In my opinion there needs to be something that prevents ignorant drivers from driving large heavy vehicles like busses and trucks. Something that makes them more conscious about their vehicle and position on the road and with other players. The mess they make when they don't control their vehicle and crash can be a nuisance to others.

[Image: 66032f80a654a-bus_on_side.png]

RE: Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses - BP - 2024-03-26 20:31

Admins have the ability to revoke bus and HGV licenses. I don't think there needs to be any insim change.

If someone is causing problems and your words do not have a positive effect, that could warrant a forum report as normal.

RE: Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses - Marty_Deslions - 2024-03-26 20:37

(2024-03-26 20:31)BP Wrote:  ...

If someone is causing problems and your words do not have a positive effect, that could warrant a forum report as normal.

Yes, but then the mess is already made.

Tonight we had an issue, luckely Petsu was there to help. But it would be nice if it didn't need an admin to tell players about rules they also can read online. Like with a test you more or less force players to read the rules/manual about their license.

RE: Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses - Carl - 2024-03-26 20:44

Well, you have a point. A bus blocking a major road for a long time because it has recklessly driven into a barrier can be a little bit disruptive. But, some of the crashes can be quite funny, especially when it is caused by LFS's terrible object physics.

I don't think restricting usage based on the players driven distance will work. I know of some players who have several thousand hours and still drive like a monkey, so that rules that out.

I can't see any additional theory test having any real benefit, it would only repeat what we have as server rules really. With the rules that we have the player does risk losing their ability to drive such vehicles if they continously drive them in a stupid manner. So, I think that's a happy-medium without being too harsh.

I would say that if you do see a player breaching the bus rules continuously, just make use of !report and if absolutely necessary; !tc & forum report

RE: Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses - Felipe Jardim - 2024-03-26 23:14

I agree with all the comments here to certain extent. However, i think the HGV/BUS licenses should come with a "I agree" type test similar to the race license, but with some questions thrown in the mix to verify that the player is actually understanding what he is agreeing to when he conducts a HGV/BUS vehicle. Even some images in the test on how to properly take turns in large vehicles and avoiding certain maneuvers that might cause major issues could be useful.

RE: Reconsidering HGV/BUS licenses - Chuck - 2024-03-27 05:45

There is also no guarantee that someone who has 2500km will cause less "mess".
However, I'll pick up that "agree" button idea. Now as the rules are built within the insim, its a lot easier.