[TC] Gaming Forums
Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box (/showthread.php?tid=38050)

Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - Marty_Deslions - 2024-05-30 10:59

[Image: 66585ae92fd8e-pitstop_finished.png]

It can happen that some people will just alt+tab or go AFK when they are parked on a Pit Stop Box, resulting in a occupied Pit Stop Box. They can even stay there after the fixing/refuelling is finished. This can be a nuisance to others who want to fix their vehicle as well, especially when there are limited Pit Stop Boxes at that location and the server is quite full.

I am not sure if this is possible with the insim, but what if there were added costs for players occupying a Pit Stop Box? These costs don't have to be extreme high, but say just a negative income of -5€. So that'll be 1€ per second expense. So a pitstop of 30 seconds make the user pay 30€ for that.
(It makes some sense given that in real life you usually also pay for vehicle repairs/refuelling)

Alternatively:
Maybe you could even modify it in such a way that costs will only be added once the fixing/refuelling is finished. And this can even be somewhat exponential, meaning that the longer a person stays on the Pit Stop Box after the pit is finished, the higher the costs will be per second. So say it starts at -.5€ per second, and after 10 seconds that goes to -1€ per second, and after another 10 seconds, that goes to -2€ per second, etc etc.

The only real downside of this feature I can think of right now (besides the work/coding to implent it) is that once a player is AFK, another joker can push that AFK player's vehicle onto a Pit Stop Box, giving that AFK player high costs. However the cost of unnecessary occupation of a Pit Stop Box can also be capped at a certain amount.

The goal of this feature is not to push players to extremely high costs, but rather to discourage them from unnecessarily occupying a pit stop box.

No poll, but feel free to share your constructive feedback.

RE: Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - Yasso7up - 2024-05-30 14:46

had the same idea 5 months ago but apparently very few people were interested

RE: Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - SIMOX - 2024-05-30 18:46

You can always find a free one or pit at safe zone. Worst case scenario just bump the guy forward a bit and park in the pit

RE: Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - Felipe Jardim - 2024-05-31 00:42

(2024-05-30 18:46)SIMOX Wrote:  You can always find a free one or pit at safe zone. Worst case scenario just bump the guy forward a bit and park in the pit

"bUt yOu rAMmEd mE wHeN i wAs aFk!" - average TC civil court frequenter.

french dutch Wrote:I am not sure if this is possible with the insim, but what if there were added costs for players occupying a Pit Stop Box? These costs don't have to be extreme high, but say just a negative income of -5€. So that'll be 1€ per second expense. So a pitstop of 30 seconds make the user pay 30€ for that.
(It makes some sense given that in real life you usually also pay for vehicle repairs/refuelling)

Alternatively:
Maybe you could even modify it in such a way that costs will only be added once the fixing/refuelling is finished. And this can even be somewhat exponential, meaning that the longer a person stays on the Pit Stop Box after the pit is finished, the higher the costs will be per second. So say it starts at -.5€ per second, and after 10 seconds that goes to -1€ per second, and after another 10 seconds, that goes to -2€ per second, etc etc.

I think this over-complicates a thing that can be rather simple. How about a flat rate of 50 euro/min after the pit stop is complete? not going to cost someone extreme amounts of money but enough to keep them wise enough no to stay there. Also it shouldn't apply to boxes in safezone, like in the pitlanes for example, because those are plentiful, and a user can simply drive to the one next to it.

RE: Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - KooKoo - 2024-05-31 07:54

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=22173

I believe it would be a good idea if cops were given the authority to fine people who park after their pit stop is done by encompassing it under illegal parking. I understand it wont eliminate the issue, but it would at least lessen it.

RE: Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - Vilix - 2024-05-31 11:24

I'd say this would cause more problems than it would solve.

Scenario 1 (Rare): Full server, someone decides to AFK on a pitbox and gets fined for it and in the future they're maybe less likely to do it again.

Scenario 2 (Probably what we would see much more often): Server is not full, player AFK's on a pit box because it's convenient (for example in the pitlane where there are plenty of pitboxes available), player gets fined for no good reason.

While it can be annoying if someone is parked on a pit box, there are many options out there that need just a little bit of added effort from the player. I.e. gently push the player aside, find an unused pit stop, go to a safe zone and pit etc, and these options don't require a complex insim update to punish players.

RE: Adding costs for occupying a Pit Stop Box - KooKoo - 2024-06-01 10:43

(2024-05-31 11:24)Vilix Wrote:  I'd say this would cause more problems than it would solve.

Scenario 1 (Rare): Full server, someone decides to AFK on a pitbox and gets fined for it and in the future they're maybe less likely to do it again.

Scenario 2 (Probably what we would see much more often): Server is not full, player AFK's on a pit box because it's convenient (for example in the pitlane where there are plenty of pitboxes available), player gets fined for no good reason.

While it can be annoying if someone is parked on a pit box, there are many options out there that need just a little bit of added effort from the player. I.e. gently push the player aside, find an unused pit stop, go to a safe zone and pit etc, and these options don't require a complex insim update to punish players.

Scenario 2 is already a safezone, so it wouldn’t make sense to enforce the illegal parking fine in the pitlane. Enforcing the illegal parking fine should be on pit stops that are often used frequently (for example on Paddock Tunnel way or on Kyoto and the Autobahn).