[TC] Gaming Forums
Kyoto Car Park - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Kyoto Car Park (/showthread.php?tid=3814)

Pages: 1 2

Kyoto Car Park - KaraK - 2012-07-13 14:32

Hey,

I'm writing this after a discussion with the admins about the car park, and after me reporting someone for not moving for sirens properly. »here«
I reported the person for standing in the middle of a driving line, which caused me to crash into him.

Admins say that there is no such thing as a driving line there, and you can park whereever you want to.
After addressing the issue of people parking in a driving line where people pass with 160kph +, we were told that there is no problem.
Hence, I'm raising it here.

The problem is that there is nothing to prevent people from speeding through a car park.
Here is a picture explaining the area of the car park, and the driving line (Click to View)

I and 2 other players then demonstrated the problem by parking on the racing line. During the time we were parked, there were multiple close calls and a few people asking us to move, cause they would crash into us sooner or later.

My idea is to add some barriers, so that it becomes more like Gas Station on Montana, with an entry and exit on the left, rather than the whole thing being a car park. Or at least some sort of marking to indicate that there is a through road.

I hope to see some positive replies, since there actually is a problem.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Chuck - 2012-07-13 14:39

Well, there is no driving line as it isn't a road. The actual problem here is that
people believe there is and enter it at 160 kph. That problem can be solved easily with a single barrier at the entrance.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Bez - 2012-07-13 14:40

A few screen shots first; (sorry for my crappy drawing) Also will resize

[Image: X37o2.jpg]
[Image: 0RqIm.png]

Also a reply on what happened; http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/1eevgl631.mpr

Starts around 1:20:30. Also some comments from nitrous before that.

Currently speaking with Elmo on the server ATM.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Aus - 2012-07-13 14:44

I agree with putting barriers up to separate the parking area but I have an idea that I will post later.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Ash - 2012-07-13 14:48

At Bez... Your screenshot with an arrow to a parking place on the right... Good suggestion, but people will rapidly slow down to turn in, therefore posing as a hazard to those entering as a so called "through road" at high speeds. Therefore now creating potentially a ever bigger problem!

Ash

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Aus - 2012-07-13 14:48

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Elmo - 2012-07-13 14:53

(2012-07-13 14:39)Chuck Wrote:  Well, there is no driving line as it isn't a road. The actual problem here is that
people believe there is and enter it at 160 kph. That problem can be solved easily with a single barrier at the entrance.

In which case, why not close the entry like it used to be and make the (current) exit 2-way?

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Bez - 2012-07-13 14:54

@Ash

People shouldn't expect be to be going through that part at 100mph.
I always break before I enter because cars always park like Karak explained.
Some people don't because they simply don't give a damn.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Elmo - 2012-07-13 14:58

(2012-07-13 14:53)KaraK Wrote:  
(2012-07-13 14:39)Chuck Wrote:  Well, there is no driving line as it isn't a road.

There is a road, says Elmo.

There's a clean driving line, which *everybody* uses, which would imply that it is a road.

Regarding the report, there were a number of factors involved there - the guy didn't block the road as such, he appeared to be pulling over to let the chase by, albeit not very well. The suspect just about made it through between the guy who stopped and someone else who was stunting - Karak didn't make it through because he was driving too fast to see what was round the slightly blind corner. Had he been going a bit slower, he could have followed the path that the suspect took and there wouldn't have been a problem.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Tommer - 2012-07-13 15:10

Here you guys go - Quick fix

Before

[Image: scaled.php?server=191&filename=s...es=landing]

After

[Image: scaled.php?server=62&filename=sh...es=landing]

Comprimises for those lines;

Those 3 bales were removed in the first pic - used a R/W barrier so the visibility is still there.

Instead of 3 white lines on the entry road, reduced to 2 (matches other side of AB anyway)

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2oxj78jazgm9jd <-- layout

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Bez - 2012-07-13 15:36

I think Elmo's going to close it off all together on the SB side and make it two way the area side. Easly solved Biggrin

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Chuck - 2012-07-13 15:57

(2012-07-13 14:53)Elmo Wrote:  In which case, why not close the entry like it used to be and make the (current) exit 2-way?

I think the current layby is only that much accepted cause its easy to enter and quick to reach. Forcing to take that detour would simply make it less attractive.

And regarding all others here: Wink
I'm strictly against all drive-trough versions as they only call for people
taking their chance to make it flat out, and those who want try fancy tricks with
cops, like turning-in last second and forcing the cop go around. That place is made for
those who want to have a peaceful rest. Leave them alone.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Tommer - 2012-07-13 16:17

I think closing the AB entry and making the other entry bigger, and removing the barriers that block people from getting in easily, would make for a possible solution?

edit - likeso

[Image: shot3q.png]

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Pipa - 2012-07-13 16:34

I like the current layout, but why not make the road through the carpack official and lower the speed of cars blasting through there with speedbumps.

Currently there is only one speedbump at the exit and if you get a good line thats hardly slowing you down.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Roba - 2012-07-13 19:30

Basically Tommers layout is rather good, disabling the drive-troughs I don't like either, and giving ppl coming too fast from Arena an opportunity to make it to the car park without crashing to guard rails or so, also giving better chance for U-Turns on chases.

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Kieran - 2012-07-13 22:02

One problem with closing it off, is when u get in a chase on the autobahn, you are close to the 45 second limit when you enter and stop, never mind going further, round a roundabout, then entering the car park, that would be well past a minute!

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Sadie - 2012-07-13 22:07

Limed chase time on AB are now 1 min

RE: Kyoto Car Park - Some1 - 2012-07-13 22:11

Just get rid of the carpark Tongue

RE: Kyoto Car Park - KaraK - 2012-07-13 22:12

Got changed so that you can't enter the car park at high speeds.
Thanks Smile

RE: Kyoto Car Park - James - 2012-07-13 22:59

Its fine how it is.

If you dont see or cant stop in time, its your problem.

Sorry but it is.