[TC] Gaming Forums
Command to see your previous private messages - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Command to see your previous private messages (/showthread.php?tid=38290)

Command to see your previous private messages - Fastranker1 - 2024-07-11 18:29

I played SA:MP recently and in a server we had a command to see our previous PMs (/messages)

it is sometimes hard to see the pm messages
when you get a pm a sfx can be played as well (like the !respond one)
something like this could be implemented to LFS, like a menu to see our previous pms

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - BP - 2024-07-11 18:35

I like the basic nature of the PM system.

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - Marty_Deslions - 2024-07-11 19:09

It's easy to miss a personal message sent to you, especially when you're afk or alt+tabbed. So if it's doable for Chuck to implement this, then it's a yes from me.

I don't really see why people would be against a suggestion like this. Like, what's the benefit of less accessibility?

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - Fastranker1 - 2024-07-12 11:51

I think the people who voted against this are the ones that do not PM too much

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - Fastranker1 - 2024-07-12 13:25

This could be useful in reports too. if someone swears on PM you can just type the command and prove he swore

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - Carlos - 2024-07-12 14:50

(2024-07-12 13:25)Fastranker1 Wrote:  This could be useful in reports too. if someone swears on PM you can just type the command and prove he swore
pretty sure admins can already check that without the command.

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - Adorable - 2024-07-12 16:10

(2024-07-11 18:29)Fastranker1 Wrote:  I played SA:MP recently and in a server we had a command to see our previous PMs (/messages)

it is sometimes hard to see the pm messages
when you get a pm a sfx can be played as well (like the !respond one)
something like this could be implemented to LFS, like a menu to see our previous pms

You can build your own program that does this for you.

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - Felipe Jardim - 2024-07-13 01:49

(2024-07-12 16:10)Adorable Wrote:  You can build your own program that does this for you.

Not everyone is a programmer bro.

Even a sound when you get a PM would help IMO

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - BP - 2024-07-13 05:14

I would advocate for:
- ability to stop receiving PMs (completely, or from individual users) excluding from admins
- "preference" for hearing a sound when receiving a PM

Also, if someone is insulting you in PM you can ask an admin to check it. Yes, admins are able to see all messages sent within the InSim for that very reason.

Edit: improved badly-worded sentence

RE: Command to see your previous private messages - Ali - 2024-07-16 08:58

It would be nice to see their logs and have a voice to inform us
+1 from me