[TC] Gaming Forums
Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) (/showthread.php?tid=38308)

Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - bayanofmansorofisky - 2024-07-16 11:28

Version 6.37 details found at
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1370&pid=309134#pid309134

in my opinion, the aspect of adding realism is good in this updated.. However there's some stuff that could be tweaked:

the Removal of Free Pit:

Against it but it's Good restriction for realism however not fully practical, suggest lowering the fine from 500€ just when there is no Tow, Res or Med.

OR

Fine priced according to vehicle weight. example:
Bus = 500
Sedan = 400
Bike = 250
Trike = 300
etc..

and generally lower for vehicles that support !getup command

Recovery :

Should only be for Rentals and Not for Owned

Since similar to real life, recovering a rental could take time
But when you own the vehicle, the vehicle stays with you all the time.

Recovery Time
generally should be lower, like 2 minutes instead of 5.

Tow/Res/Med exception
Exception from Recovery Time if vehicle is On Duty as Tow, Res or Med.. also could be good time to make use of that XP somehow.

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - RedJohn - 2024-07-16 20:29

What was bad about getting free tow once and a fine if you continue pitting? Why would would you chase realism and put changes in bonus system that was good?
TC's insim was simple and efficient, please leave it as it was and dont make the game boring

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - Adrian - 2024-07-17 15:50

(2024-07-16 20:29)RedJohn Wrote:  TC's insim was simple and efficient

(2024-07-14 12:14)Chuck Wrote:  [...] The motivation behind these changes are manifold. For one, technical
reasons: The code to keep trips safe is long and complex. Over the years
many additions have been made, i.e. to save trips during ddos attacks.
There is no need for this anymore. [...]

I think Chuck might have a bit better understanding of what is "simple and efficient" and what is not, as he is the one who knows how it looks under the hood. So before making such statements, please at least read why such change was made.

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - Chuck - 2024-07-18 06:24

I think that statement was rather from a user perspective, not knowing how many tiny gears are grinding in the background.
But even then, a newcomer might differ on that "simple" part. It's not really simple anymore. Just picking a car can be too complex at the beginning. Many people lived through the development process and had to chew the changes in smaller chunks, whereas a newcomer gets the full thing right in their face. That can be quite off-putting.

Some points I'd like to address:
Recovery :
>>Should only be for Rentals and Not for Owned

There maybe a difference between owned and rented, but both of them have to be towed/recovered. I mean, you wouldn't abandon your car crashed in a ditch, would you? So, it needs to be recovered just like a rental.

Recovery Time
>>generally should be lower, like 2 minutes instead of 5.

2 minutes is a joke, it's just nothing. There has to be some sort of penalty. I'd rather extend it than shorten it.

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - bayanofmansorofisky - 2024-07-18 09:50

(2024-07-18 06:24)Chuck Wrote:  2 minutes is a joke, it's just nothing. There has to be some sort of penalty. I'd rather extend it than shorten it.

ok so if that wont fit why not balance the fine in a way :
what if either:
Lower the 500 pit fine into something related to the vehicle specifications

OR

Add income for Tow , Rescue and Medic roles

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - Felipe Jardim - 2024-07-18 23:35

(2024-07-18 09:50)bayanofmansorofisky Wrote:  Add income for Tow , Rescue and Medic roles

I support this, it will definitely add significance to the roles that are pretty much obsolete after this last update.

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - Chuck - 2024-07-19 05:36

I support this, it will definitely add significance to the roles that are pretty much obsolete after this last update.
[/quote]

How do you figure? There is that recovery time, that's even too high for some people, we have the 500€ fine, that's also too high for some people, so we have plenty of incentives to call a tow instead of just shift-p.

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - KooKoo - 2024-07-19 22:24

I honestly do not agree with the charge of 500e for going to the pits outside of the safezone. There isn't always a med/res/tow available to rescue you and sometimes no one will help whether it's because you are far or hard to reach.

What's even worse is that because no one was able to help you, you can not use your car after you go to the pits because of the recovery time.

I do not think it is fair to always charge 500 to go to the pits. I understand you want to increase the importance of tow/med/res role, but do that by incentivizing those who roleplay and not by punishing those who are not able to get help.

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - Felipe Jardim - 2024-07-20 20:34

(2024-07-19 05:36)Chuck Wrote:  How do you figure? There is that recovery time, that's even too high for some people, we have the 500€ fine, that's also too high for some people, so we have plenty of incentives to call a tow instead of just shift-p.

People have been disconnecting/connecting again to circumvent this. Obviously not during admin's presence but during the late hours it has been happening.

RE: Insim Version 6.37 suggestion and feedback (trips, bounces, recovery..) - menticek - 2024-07-20 20:46

PLS remove, noticed this is for 6.37 Smile