[TC] Gaming Forums
Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. (/showthread.php?tid=38423)

Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Robis - 2024-08-04 20:52

Hello, everyone.

Since discord isn't that official and all messages flows away, I wanted to create a poll about the recent update regarding car restrictions that player gets after driving on the wrong side of the road for even little time amount of time. This affects any player, no matter if they are on-duty at any of the roles or suspect, or simply civilian.

[Image: image.png?ex=66b0b299&is=66af611...height=231]

I invite you also to voice your opinion on the update and say the positive or negative aspect of it. Keep it please civilized and within forum rules.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Fearr - 2024-08-04 21:01

If TC is an IRL roleplaying server, then IRL, when i go in wrong way of the road, my car doesn't magically lose power. Cops will chase me and fine me. And the server name is "Traffic Cops", not "Safe Cruisers". I just want to ask to Chuck which is more important, the players fun or the safety?

Also, it's admins job to deal with wrong way crashers so this update is just nonsense.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Yasso7up - 2024-08-04 21:02

(2024-08-04 21:01)Fearr Wrote:  If TC is an IRL roleplaying server, then IRL, when i go in wrong way of the road, my car doesn't magically lose power. Cops will chase me and fine me. And the server name is "Traffic Cops", not "Safe Cruisers".

Also, it's admins job to deal with wrong way crashers so this update is just nonsense.

Totally agree.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - dmrzn - 2024-08-04 21:03

(2024-08-04 21:01)Fearr Wrote:  If TC is an IRL roleplaying server, then IRL, when i go in wrong way of the road, my car doesn't magically lose power. Cops will chase me and fine me. And the server name is "Traffic Cops", not "Safe Cruisers". I just want to ask to Chuck which is more important, the players fun or the safety?

I agree with fearr

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Carlos - 2024-08-04 21:04

(2024-08-04 21:01)Fearr Wrote:  If TC is an IRL roleplaying server, then IRL, when i go in wrong way of the road, my car doesn't magically lose power. Cops will chase me and fine me. And the server name is "Traffic Cops", not "Safe Cruisers". I just want to ask to Chuck which is more important, the players fun or the safety?

Agreed

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Kris4o - 2024-08-04 21:10

Totally agree.!

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Jacob - 2024-08-04 21:16

I dont want to make some hate. This was made because situation requested it but as was already written here - If i wrongside i break a road law = COP chase me, fines me. If i brake server rules, there is bunch of admins who deal with me. This system steals COPs the work and this server is in the base about COP and robbers if we can still talk about that. Tbh what did you expect to happen? Auto-spec zones are good to make a blind corner safer, but still this is a fun server, fun game, keep it fun not pain.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - ThePonczeK - 2024-08-04 21:35

At a first glance i liked it because i get crashed alot by ww drivers, on the other hand we have rule 1.3 for that that isnt being enforced at all, maybe just admins should go a bit harder on the 1.3 rule (Drive on the correct side of the road) instead of this

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Felipe Jardim - 2024-08-04 22:04

I like the fact that certain areas that are crash prone do to heavy wrong siding has auto spec, like blind corners and what not, it's even more helpful in ovals and other high speed roads. But the auto restrict, is a bit much. it's not going to stop something that already happened.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Chuck - 2024-08-05 05:22

(2024-08-04 21:35)ThePonczeK Wrote:  ... we have rule 1.3 for that that isnt being enforced at all, maybe just admins should go a bit harder on the 1.3 rule (Drive on the correct side of the road) instead of this

Thanks for pointing that out at least.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - KooKoo - 2024-08-05 07:07

This should have been implemented on the Autobahn where driving wrong way is strictly prohibited and not on normal tracks.

I feel like bit by bit the essential role of cops is diminishing with the added features of auto-spec for driving the wrong way and auto-fine from the speed traps. At the end this should be a cop n’ robbers server isn’t it?

Incentivize cops to do the job more, maybe increase fines for specific rule-breaking traffic violations which in result will hopefully discourage negative driving.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Misterviin - 2024-08-05 07:13

This auto-restrict may be the worst thing I've seen on TC.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - Berni25 - 2024-08-05 10:10

The auto-restrict works fine and finally shows who doesn´t care about driving in the right lane!
Also is now shown who causes the ww-crash. So you can be a better sportsman and use !sorry faster to pay for your rule-breaking (means not just saying "sry,sr,sorry" and carry on without doing nothing like always). Instead of adding restriction , the system could release automatically the !sorry-command for the ww-crasher!

The system should be used for ww-crashes only to deal with it. Cause imo the most annoing part on server is being ww crashed without standing in for the consequences.
It´s not the chases which causes the main problems. It´s the way they handle it after the crash. Just be sportsman if you can´t drive clean or can handle your car like you planned to.
Remember....LFS is a simulation and in real life you would have to deal with the consequences too. With a "sorry" only you can´t deal with it. Hope, you get my points right!

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - THE WIZARD DK - 2024-08-06 19:35

(2024-08-05 10:10)Berni25 Wrote:  the system could release automatically the !sorry-command for the ww-crasher!
thing is the system cant decide who is at fault.unless verifiably in ww. we just had that debate in the insim thread. so not gonna go further with it here.

i think partially some is right theres many restrictions on TC.
but i also think what Berni said is right. those restrictions is there because people show bad sportmanship. to me its a double edge sword and therefore i dont cast any vote. if people actually used !sorry i would probably vote to remove it.
but fact is they dont, and personally i lost a lot of cash from repairs i actually earned fair and square money for by driving. in one day i got hit more than 7 times and most of them were hits above 300bucks and all i got was sry.. so either we get this restriction or people man up and pay for damages caused. my take on this.

RE: Poll: Speed restriction when WW. - bowler - 2024-08-06 22:02

(2024-08-05 07:07)KooKoo Wrote:  This should have been implemented on the Autobahn where driving wrong way is strictly prohibited and not on normal tracks.

I feel like bit by bit the essential role of cops is diminishing with the added features of auto-spec for driving the wrong way and auto-fine from the speed traps. At the end this should be a cop n’ robbers server isn’t it?

Incentivize cops to do the job more, maybe increase fines for specific rule-breaking traffic violations which in result will hopefully discourage negative driving.

Agreed