[TC] Gaming Forums
To Bez - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: To Bez (/showthread.php?tid=38518)

To Bez - SIMOX - 2024-08-23 13:07

You seriously got offended by that? Lmao
I didnt even insult anyone and you ban me from discord?
Nice rules guys
Dont forget to block oval and sleep xD

RE: To Bez - Bez - 2024-08-23 14:02

Hello Simox,

I hope you understand that we, as Admins, volunteer our free time to help maintain a safe environment for LFS, Discord, and the community forums. None of us are driven by the desire for power that you have mentioned. Over the past few years, I have personally observed an increase in pushback and disrespect from players on LFS and Discord, which has only intensified over time. I'm unsure why this trend has emerged, but enforcing basic rules now often results in hostility and combative behavior from some players.

Regarding the recent incident where a user was kicked for saying "Hi" this happened immediately after I made an announcement to keep the discussion in #citydriving on-topic, as it had been frequently derailed in recent weeks. The user clearly failed to follow basic instructions, and from my perspective, it seemed they deliberately chose to disregard the notice that I had pinned to the channel. A few other people followed suit and were also issued kicks, including yourself.

After your kick from discord you returned with messages that were particularly hostile and toxic directed at me. We do not deserve to be attacked because you believe our Discord server should be unmoderated and more relaxed. If that is your preference, you are welcome to start your own Discord server and post whatever you like, whenever you like. Personally, I don't have an issue with .gifs (they can be funny at times) but I also understand the perspective that random, spammed images can detract from meaningful conversations.

RE: To Bez - SIMOX - 2024-08-23 16:39

C'mon Bez you still grumpy about that ram on Kyoto? No one likes your roadworks, let's be honest, just maybe most people won't tell you that.

(2024-08-23 14:02)Bez Wrote:  Over the past few years, I have personally observed an increase in pushback and disrespect from players on LFS and Discord, which has only intensified over time. I'm unsure why this trend has emerged

The wacky roadworks, brutal insim changes, ALL that concentrated in a very short time is what lead to a general disrespect and frustration. It's not really hard to understand. Basic human psychology. People come to relax and unwind on servers, i hope you understand that.

Discord is tbh kinda funny situation about it. The hard moderation in Citydriving channel is what caused all this fuss. Started by Chuck by deleting harmless gifs so it became sort of a joke and people like posting gifs time to time there because it's funny that it gets deleted. But deleting text for me was something new and i didn't really expect to happen, especially that it was a 2 letter word. Granted i didn't post nothing racist or completely out of topic, which normal moderators would tell you to stay on topic instead of deleting your message.
I mean no city driving related conversation was happening in that channel at the time so i really see no reason why it was dealt the way it was. Thus my implications of power hungry admins. Because let's face it, it's just chat, it's not forum, feed keeps going, and few out of topic messages certainly won't do no harm.

(2024-08-23 14:02)Bez Wrote:  After your kick from discord you returned with messages that were particularly hostile and toxic directed at me.

And what did you expect? A kiss and a tap on the back? I'm not the one that can be pushed around. I say what is on my mind.

And this ban from discord is supposed to do what exactly? Is that like perm ban? I can still yap here, i can still yap in-game. What is it that you are trying to achieve here? I could understand if i was a spammer or some bot, but this is just funny tbh.
Again, you don't gain respect like this, and i'm not being toxic now, i'm just stating facts.

RE: To Bez - Bez - 2024-08-23 18:23

Firstly, I have no recollection of the incident involving Kyoto that you mentioned. However, it appears that you have a fond memory of it.

Your own behavior contributed to your current situation. If you believe that acting out will facilitate your return to Discord, you are mistaken. Please feel free to submit an unban request to regain access to Discord. I will have the Leadership team look over it.

CityDriving is designed to offer a "City Driving" experience. Regular occurrences in cities include roadworks. The [HwA] role is intended for [TC] members to have some fun and take a break from the daily administrative duties. Occasionally, we may disrupt the traffic flow to facilitate chases and cruising in parts of the track that are not usually utilized.

Insim changes are not within my control or part of my responsibilities for the server. I want to make it clear that I, along with several others, were also opposed to the Wrong-way auto-punishments. You are not alone in that regard.

Some recent Insim changes were implemented in response to players' driving behaviors, aiming to encourage more considerate driving and reduce excessive speed. As you are aware, reckless driving leads to an increase in administrative tasks. Please understand that we are not here to conflict with everyone daily; we also enjoy playing on the servers.

I expect an apology for your frequent outbursts and a change in your approach to communication. Resorting to spiteful comments is counterproductive and has led to your current situation.

Feel free to continue posting on the forums and participating in-game. Please ensure you follow the Forum and Server rules while doing so.

~Bez

RE: To Bez - SIMOX - 2024-08-23 18:47

So it is a permanent ban huh? Ok. Funny but ok. Seems like im not missing out anyway.

RE: To Bez - Bez - 2024-08-23 18:54

Sounds good.

Thread Closed.