[TC] Gaming Forums
Multi-Violation Fines: Enhancing COP Realism or Adding Complexity? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Multi-Violation Fines: Enhancing COP Realism or Adding Complexity? (/showthread.php?tid=38617)

Multi-Violation Fines: Enhancing COP Realism or Adding Complexity? - KooKoo - 2024-09-13 11:24

In TC, COPS play a crucial role in maintaining order and ensuring realistic play as well as general fun. Currently, cops can issue fines for specific violations (e.g., speeding, careless, wrong way, dangerous driving). Instances occur where cops encounter players who perhaps cut the lights as well as speed, but in the end are forced to choose only one. But what if we allowed cops to cite multiple infractions simultaneously?

Reasons to support this idea:

Realism and Immersion:
Allowing multi-violation fines mirrors real-world policing. Cops often encounter situations where several offenses occur simultaneously (e.g., reckless driving leading to an accident, speeding and cutting the lights, driving wrong way and speeding and causing an accident).
Immersing players in a more authentic experience can enhance gameplay satisfaction.
This decision-making process adds depth to the gameplay.

Increased Challenge and Better Copping:
Managing multiple violations requires skill. It challenges cops to stay alert and make better decisions when chasing and fining.
For cops, this complexity could be rewarding.

Community Interaction:
Multi-violation fines could spark discussions among players. For example, asking why certain violations were chosen when fined, or perhaps the cop explaining why he chose certain violations.

Reasons to go against this idea:

Complexity Overload:
Introducing multi-violation fines might overwhelm players, especially new ones.

Coding and Implementation Challenges:
Chuck would need to modify the existing system to accommodate multiple violations.

Potential for Abuse:
Some cops might exploit the system. Imagine an officer issuing excessive fines just because they can. But I believe this can be easily reported, addressed and punished as we have seen.

Rules modification:
If this idea gets implemented, it would mean necessary modifications to currently existing rules about copping as well as the guide and perhaps the COP test.

To conclude, I think enabling multi-violation fines would make sense and add more realistic copping to TC. However, it also introduces complexity and potential pitfalls. Perhaps a community poll or feedback session could help decide the fate of this proposed feature?

What do you think? Should the cops be able to issue multi-violation fines, or should we keep it the way it is?

RE: Multi-Violation Fines: Enhancing COP Realism or Adding Complexity? - RipstiE - 2024-09-13 11:27

What "dangerous driving" fine is for then? And well, if the driving leads to an accident, we have fine for that also. No from me

RE: Multi-Violation Fines: Enhancing COP Realism or Adding Complexity? - KooKoo - 2024-09-13 11:30

(2024-09-13 11:27)RipstiE Wrote:  What "dangerous driving" fine is for then? And well, if the driving leads to an accident, we have fine for that also. No from me

Dangerous driving already encompasses some scenarios I agree. But for example, wrong way and speeding? or perhaps speeding and cutting the lights? there are many instances when multiple violations occur that can not fall under "Dangerous Driving".

RE: Multi-Violation Fines: Enhancing COP Realism or Adding Complexity? - Marty_Deslions - 2024-09-13 12:50

I like the idea because it adds more realism to the game. But on the other hand I can make it abit too complicated to add to the insim. iirc, currently cops can choose between low, medium and high fines, right? So depending on the offences found, the cop can fine accordingly.

But hey, if it's not too complicated to implent this new idea into insim, and cops will handle this in a proper way, I'm for it.

+1

RE: Multi-Violation Fines: Enhancing COP Realism or Adding Complexity? - Turbo - 2024-09-13 16:00

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=29885

It was suggested in 2018 and rejected.

As for what I think - It would depend on if it could be implemented in a way that doesn't overwhelm new players and admins dealing with abuse cases swiftly.