[TC] Gaming Forums
Possible increase in insim abuse, now what. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Possible increase in insim abuse, now what. (/showthread.php?tid=38618)

Possible increase in insim abuse, now what. - Marty_Deslions - 2024-09-13 12:44

[Image: 66e43212932fb-reconnecting.png]

I think I'm not the only one who noticed an increase of people who seemingly randomly disconnect, just to connect right again. Now of course I cannot prove anything (actually I could, but that's not the point) but to me it looks like people are trying to avoid the 500 euro fine for pitting/speccing out of safezone, which is understandable, but still probably against server rules. This may have to do with the new insim feature where free pitting out of safezone is fully disabled. So if you crash, you get stuck, you land on your roof, you fly oob (oh-oh-bee), or something like that, and there is no way a tow or res can get to you, you basicly have no other option than to reconnect to avoid the 500 euro fine. That's very tempting.

I'm just bringing some attention to this, in hope things will improve. This can either be by returning the free pit after 5 minutes, or making reconnecting not be considered as insim abuse anymore. If things stay the way they are right now, people will most likely continue to reconnect this way. And tbh, I can't really blame them.

But if you guys have any other idea's or suggestions on this matter, please leave it down below.

RE: Possible increase in insim abuse, now what. - Carl - 2024-09-14 05:39

This issue has existed for a long time, even with the free pit option. You are completely allowed to be annoyed if you see people doing it when you have to sit and wait for a tow or someone to help you.

It’s hard to prove as you say, but admins in the past have been able to spot it and gave punishment in some way. I can’t really think of anything that would stop it to be honest. A spectator time out for a sudden reconnect outside a safezone may work, but then you have people sitting in spectators doing nothing.

As for the scale of the issue, I wouldn’t say it’s huge. Majority of the player base do the correct thing and call a tow or get a friend to help.