[TC] Gaming Forums
+ Report - Wampy (Report Archived by Cam) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: + Report - Wampy (Report Archived by Cam) (/showthread.php?tid=38649)

+ Report - Wampy (Report Archived by Cam) - KooKoo - Yesterday 15:51

Users Involved

Your LFS Username: dmo3_al7zn

Their LFS Username(s): wampy
Their In-game Nickname(s): Wampy

Incident Information

Date of Incident: September 23, 2024
Time of Incident: Approximately 4:00pm GMT+3

Description of Incident (Include Timestamps):
1:19:41.34 - The player notices that the roundabout has stalled due to a chase, however he proceeds to overtake and continue driving. Several attempts to ask him to !move but the player failed to yield whatsoever. Infact, he was holding the left lane blocking us from overtaking.

1:20:18.37 - The suspect attempts to get on the bridge, I brake to make sure I am following him, however, the reported player does not keep enough distance and crashes into me. I have apologized despite it not being my fault.
Description of your conversation with this user(s) about their conduct, including their reaction to your messages:
I have initiated a conversation with him while I was in the chase, but there was no response.

Before disconnecting, I also tried to speak with him in a respectful manner but he does not respond to me. I have indicated that due to him being unresponsive, the issue will be escalated.

Evidence

Replay / Screenshot Link(s):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qxxn5n9gsyv0k4d/AlpBura06_chase.mpr/file

Confirmation

Do you confirm that your User Report meets all standards outlined in the User Report Information thread? Yes

Status: Investigation Process. Updated by: Cam. - Cam - Yesterday 18:22

This report is being reviewed
Please be patient, we will reply shortly.

RE: Report - Wampy - Cam - Yesterday 21:02

The issues here are two-fold:

1. Rule 1.5 - Stay away from chases

On review of the replay, it is clear this user failed to stay away from the chase contrary to rule 1.5.

As a result of not staying away from the chase and choosing to ride his bike directly behind you, the user ended up being too close to you. As the user was too close to you, he was unable to react when you had to brake to react to the suspect's 'dummy move'. Consequently, the user crashed into the back of your rear.

Had this user respected rule 1.5 by staying away from the chase, this incident would not have happened. This is a prime example of why rule 1.5 exists.

2. Rule 1.2 - Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately

In respect of Rule 1.2, it should be noted that that under Rule 1.2a, that Rule 1.2 above "includes negligent and reckless driving, provoking accidents, for example blocking the track, doing stunts or doughnuts on the road and so on."

Due to this user riding their bike too closely, they have crashed into you. Riding their bike as closely as this user did in this instance is without a doubt negligent/reckless driving/riding which led to the crash.

It is highly likely this user, as well as any other road user, would have understood the risks involved by riding that closely to a vehicle in front, let alone a vehicle in a pursuit.

As there has been negligent/reckless driving (riding) which resulted in a crash at the same time as failing to stay away from the chase, I feel it is appropriate to apply rule 1.5 and 1.2 simultaneously.

Communication Attempts

Regarding the user not responding to your attempts to communicate with them...

They are French and there has been communication issues in the past with this user, however they indeed know how to use !t as I personally remember getting another user to translate to this user regarding how to use this function (this is noted on their record).

Moreover, it is likely they know basic English as they did indeed respond to you when you apologised, albeit they did not continue to engage when confronting them for their actions.

It is a shame they did not continue to engage in conversation with you, however there is no rule requiring them to do so. Note - this does not necessarily mean their failure to talk to you has been completely disregarded in my decision to take action. I also thank you for your attempts to first speak to this user before making a forum report.

Conclusion

As this user's record is relatively clean and does not show any previous admin action being taken for similar behaviour, this user will receive confirmable warnings for 1. Failing to stay away from chases and 2. Causing a crash due to their negligent/reckless actions.

Action has been taken as described
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.