[TC] Gaming Forums
Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard (/showthread.php?tid=38721)

Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - Marty_Deslions - 2024-10-13 11:01

[Image: 670ba5b73b124-intersection_containeryard.png]

So with the current layout, there is this dangerous intersection at the container yard area. The speedlimit from all directions is 100 kmh. It's not uncommon to see people going way over the speedlimit here (I'm also guilty). But in this case it's hard to stop in time when you need to yield for traffic that has right of way.

I think this intersection is in need of improvement, for the reason to prevent accidents/arguments/drama.

Here are a few suggestions:
- Replace the intersection with a roundabout.
- Fit the intersection with traffic lights (but they can be ignored, especially if you drive 200+ kmh)
- Place a fixed speedcamera. (but this may require some insim work)
- Add a few speedbumps/chicane before the intersection to force people to slow down.

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to post them in a reply.

Also, quick side note, if the intersection gets replaced with a roundabout, maybe this other smol roundabout could be removed:
[Image: 670ba69739318-rb_containeryard.png]

RE: Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - Kazanova - 2024-10-13 11:05

just no, it's good how it is.

Why?

People will still go without looking at any traffic lights, maybe 2 of 10 people will actually stop, and this would make more useless messy traffic.

RE: Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - SIMOX - 2024-10-13 11:19

That small roundabout should be removed imo, it makes people to go WW at that corner a lot. Also it's not fun to drive anti-clockwise because of it, that's why most people circle clockwise in the container yard track.

RE: Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - Schmitz - 2024-10-13 11:32

i think there is no apparent problem. it would even be better if the roundabout was a little wider other than that there is no other problem

RE: Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - sakopl1 - 2024-10-13 11:44

In my opinion, we should leave the middle intersection as it is. Changing it by placing roundabout in the middle or traffic lights would't improve traffic and safety. Traffic lights would only apply for COP and MED/RES role, because they have to obey law, everybody else would just go straight through as they were. Also percentage of players going into storage area from that circle around containter yard is small, so changing it wouldn't be helpfull. About that little roundabout, it should be removed. Many players usually drive clockwise. Changing it with just a simple turn would allow them to comfortably pass through that little place and lower the risk of ww crash while going counter clockwise. This is only my opinion about whole situation.

Cya on track Wink

RE: Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - Siraccjr - 2024-10-13 11:50

It's very hard to reduce potential accidents, but as you mentioned, if a higher bump is added, maybe people will choose to slow down.

RE: Improvement on dangerous intersection container yard - Felipe Jardim - 2024-10-13 14:33

-1 on the fixed speedcamera, that's just absurd.