[TC] Gaming Forums
Emulators! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Emulators! (/showthread.php?tid=3920)

Pages: 1 2

Emulators! - Nipper - 2012-07-21 10:35

Anyone here use any?

Currently getting good use out of PCSX2 (PS2 emulator)
Also got Project64
No$GBA
DeSmuME
Biggrin

Nostalgic playing N64 and PS2 emulators.

I'll post some pics in a bit. Smile

RE: Emulators! - Audiojack - 2012-07-21 11:13

I use PCSX2 to play Gran Turismo 4. Also at my dads place I play some PS1 games like Gran Turismo 2 on the ePSXe. Aaand I have VisualboyAdvance too, somewhere.

And I have vBag in my phone (Symbian GBA emulator)

RE: Emulators! - Nipper - 2012-07-21 11:23

(2012-07-21 11:13)Audiojack Wrote:  I use PCSX2 to play Gran Turismo 4. Also at my dads place I play some PS1 games like Gran Turismo 2 on the ePSXe. Aaand I have VisualboyAdvance too, somewhere.

And I have vBag in my phone (Symbian GBA emulator)

Ahh yeah I got VisualBoyAdvance too, forgot about it haha.

Got some GBA and DS emulator ready for installing to my PSP when I find it.

Anyway, here's some pics from PCSX2, if you know the game. Smile

RE: Emulators! - Audiojack - 2012-07-21 11:39

Looks like Tokyo Xtreme Racer something(3?)

Here's a pic of GT4
[Image: gt4.jpg]

RE: Emulators! - Nipper - 2012-07-21 11:46

Yeah it's TXR3, not got GT4, haven't played a GT game since I played the first ever forza on xbox, just couldn't take such a huge step backwards in the physics department. Over the years, my original choice has been proven the better option, more games, better physics, better graphics (dare I say it, artistic design and HIGH RESOLUTION are different, a low res game can be visually appealing, as a high res game can be awful to look at), "premium" cars don't exist in Forza, all the cars are equal in terms of quality. Biggrin

Is there any ways of forcing AA and such onto PCSX2? TXR3 looks a bit dated but it's an excellent game, gameplay wise.

RE: Emulators! - Audiojack - 2012-07-21 12:20

(2012-07-21 11:46)Nipper Wrote:  Is there any ways of forcing AA and such onto PCSX2? TXR3 looks a bit dated but it's an excellent game, gameplay wise.

Atleast the GSdx graphics plugin I use has edge anti-aliasing. It might not work on all games though, and I haven't tried it.

RE: Emulators! - Nipper - 2012-07-21 12:42

(2012-07-21 12:20)Audiojack Wrote:  
(2012-07-21 11:46)Nipper Wrote:  Is there any ways of forcing AA and such onto PCSX2? TXR3 looks a bit dated but it's an excellent game, gameplay wise.

Atleast the GSdx graphics plugin I use has edge anti-aliasing. It might not work on all games though, and I haven't tried it.

Yes, thank you. Found some other settings that helped in there too, thanks for that, didn't even realise you could tweak the individual plug ins, thought it came all set up (for best overall), but some settings actually made one game worse and another better. Gonna keep playing with it for now.

RE: Emulators! - ChrisM - 2012-07-21 13:48

Used to use an old SNES emulator maybe a year ago or so, for the likes of Super Mario World. Smile

RE: Emulators! - Aus - 2012-07-21 13:52

Are emulators free? Confused

RE: Emulators! - ChrisM - 2012-07-21 15:04

Yes, games are free too.Smile

RE: Emulators! - James - 2012-07-23 11:51

(2012-07-21 15:04)ChrisM Wrote:  Yes, games are free too.Smile

Yes but from what I have read, if they are roms, you should delete them.

Here is a quote from the official Nintendo Website: (boldened parts for easy reading)

Quote:There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

RE: Emulators! - Cola - 2012-07-23 12:32

I use Dolphin Emulator to emulate Wii games on my PC, and GBC A.D on my LG Optimus 2X to play Pokemon on it Tongue

RE: Emulators! - Nipper - 2012-07-24 10:41

(2012-07-23 11:51)PeePee Wrote:  
(2012-07-21 15:04)ChrisM Wrote:  Yes, games are free too.Smile

Yes but from what I have read, if they are roms, you should delete them.

Here is a quote from the official Nintendo Website: (boldened parts for easy reading)

Quote:There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

So are emulators legal?

Because an emulator needs a rom to be of any use.

RE: Emulators! - Zipppy - 2012-07-24 11:17

Emulators themselves are legal, just the ROMs might not be, but in most cases, the police aren't going to hunt you down for it.

RE: Emulators! - Audiojack - 2012-07-24 11:32

(2012-07-24 10:41)Nipper Wrote:  So are emulators legal?

Because an emulator needs a rom to be of any use.

They are legal for running homebrew software and demos.

RE: Emulators! - Aus - 2012-07-24 13:12

iirc, you can put in a PS2 disk or you can use an ISO file of the game. Your means of getting the ISO file decides if it's illegal or not. Wink

RE: Emulators! - Nipper - 2012-07-24 13:48

Hmm yeah, I read about how to make an ISO from a PS2 disc.

But what if I download (for example) GT4, whilst I own the PS2 copy? Illegal? Since I didn't make a copy of the one I had but rather got a copy of someone else's disc.

I know the odds of ever getting screwed on something like this is nearly nil, I just like to see how the law sees this type of thing.

RE: Emulators! - Cola - 2012-07-24 19:39

Found out of something called Gameboid. It's an emulator which emulates a Gameboy Advance on your Android phone. Works perfect and runs very smooth on my O2X Smile

RE: Emulators! - Audiojack - 2012-07-24 21:01

(2012-07-24 19:39)Cola Wrote:  Found out of something called Gameboid. It's an emulator which emulates a Gameboy Advance on your Android phone. Works perfect and runs very smooth on my O2X Smile

Yeah, you can run a GBA emulator with pretty much anything that has more processing power than a toaster. Even my 4 year old Nokia 5320 runs vBag smoothly.

So I really suggest you guys to get a GBA emulator for your phone if you're in need of some entertainment while on the move Laugh

RE: Emulators! - Tom - 2012-07-25 13:22

how do u get the bios thing fopr the pcsx2? Confused