[TC] Gaming Forums
Bonus For [Tow] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Bonus For [Tow] (/showthread.php?tid=4199)

Bonus For [Tow] - GT4tube - 2012-08-20 15:36

Hey! i have idea! About Tow!

[TOW] work job, any help push but no get bonus? why?

Maybe idea use [TOW] with name and job, who any crash doing help push is complete get bonus of money! will better fun and get bonus for tow.

Sorry my bad english.

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - Roba - 2012-08-20 16:15

No..

If you help someone as a TOW, they quite often give you payment for ~100-1000€ depending on their situation.. It's bonus enough Tongue

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - BP - 2012-08-20 16:28

Basically what Roba said.

If you're efficient as a tow, and they really need it, and you help them, they'll probably give you a small donation, you can even say 'donations are welcome' (but I wouldn't advise you to demand money without any agreement prior to the tow)

The server has enough money being pumped into the economy from thin air (of course some of it has to be like this, e.g. driving to get money), getting money from thin air from towing is a no, in my opinion.

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - Sadie - 2012-08-20 19:31

- 1 from here.

1. Server will have very many tows.

2. Tow get money often when they finnsh job.

3. I relly not like idea

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - Adampower - 2012-08-20 22:22

Server Rules Wrote:7.5. Payment
If a tow car requests a payment, it must be declared and agreed upon prior to the action.

As i already said in the server, you can charge for tow if you wish. Its your choice to tow free of charge, dont need anything new.

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - Tommer - 2012-08-21 13:20

(2012-08-20 16:28)BoyPower Wrote:  The server has enough money being pumped into the economy from thin air (of course some of it has to be like this, e.g. driving to get money), getting money from thin air from towing is a no, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this statement. Money may be coming out of thin air but also disappearing EG. speeding and speed-traps - The server you'll notice when it comes to the economy, the cop's have it best seeing as they're immune to losing money during chase, and may also take another players money at the end.

Most people don't want to pay the tow for giving there car a bump because when you look at the bonuses for civillians, there's not really much to give, and you can lose an entire 300km bonus just by speeding past one speedtrap on accident. Civillians really don't earn much compared with Cops.

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - James - 2012-08-21 13:34

(2012-08-21 13:20)Tommer Wrote:  
(2012-08-20 16:28)BoyPower Wrote:  The server has enough money being pumped into the economy from thin air (of course some of it has to be like this, e.g. driving to get money), getting money from thin air from towing is a no, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this statement. Money may be coming out of thin air but also disappearing EG. speeding and speed-traps - The server you'll notice when it comes to the economy, the cop's have it best seeing as they're immune to losing money during chase, and may also take another players money at the end.

Most people don't want to pay the tow for giving there car a bump because when you look at the bonuses for civillians, there's not really much to give..

This. Yet I have no problem with it.

Ill just point out that not every [TOW] are good at their job. Heck, ill admit ive not been the best [TOW] which is why I dont ask for money. So when I did a good job, people did pay me for it. Especially if they had alot of KMs. So yeah, I would rather pay a [TOW] that didnt ask for money and did a good job than a terrible [TOW] that made my vehicle undriveable that asked for money beforehand. Id rather not risk it tbh. Its sort of like IRL. You wouldnt exactly pay for a terrible service unless you didnt know before hand right ? Sorry but I just wouldnt pay a [TOW] before the job is done or even at all. Yes, I know being a [TOW] can be boring and often sucks but you have to deal with it. There isnt any amount of money that would make it worth while to tow one person every hour or so. I end up going back to a civilian after about 30 minutes. [TOW] setups are horrible to cruise with :/

Its this or be a [COP].

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - Roba - 2012-08-21 14:23

Also, if TOWs received payment out of nowhere, it would need a huge work from Chuck once again to make it so people wouldn't abuse the system with their friends, to get a lot of money..

RE: Bonus For [Tow] - BP - 2012-08-21 16:23

(2012-08-21 13:20)Tommer Wrote:  

Most people don't want to pay the tow for giving there car a bump because when you look at the bonuses for civillians, there's not really much to give, and you can lose an entire 300km bonus just by speeding past one speedtrap on accident. Civillians really don't earn much compared with Cops.

Okay, I see your point but it's just also occurred to me that this system (the one that the OP suggested) can be harshly abused. e.g. you need to make money, you keep hitting your friend so you get money. This is bound to happen, creating more work for admins.