[TC] Gaming Forums
Bloody stupid van driver - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Bloody stupid van driver (/showthread.php?tid=4268)

Pages: 1 2

Bloody stupid van driver - Ras - 2012-08-28 19:46

Some guy im subscribed to on Youtube had a near accident in his car, and it was really near, i mean it couldnt have been closer without actually being a crash! I cant believe the van driver just took the chance and drove out on the road like that, and then slowing down, waving when realising what a idiotic maneuver it was.

Warning: Some bad language, although understandable.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - BP - 2012-08-28 19:51

That's scary...

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Kyllone - 2012-08-28 20:06

lol good brakes + reaction. what an idiot in the van

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Roba - 2012-08-28 20:13

What did the vanman think? He has unbreakable hand that can protect him from a car crashing into him? Sleep

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Pete - 2012-08-28 20:26

Good reactions + brakes from that guy.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - ZsoLT - 2012-08-28 20:39

Good reaction, but he forgot the horn. Tongue

Had closer call on this summer. The oncoming car started to overtake a truck when I was at the front of the lorry...
Full brake, and went to the border (dunno in english Smile ) with the right side of my car. I don't think there was more than 5cm between the mirrors. Biggrin
Oh, and I was going with ~110km/h...

Btw. van drivers everywhere are stupid? Thought only in Hungary. (Funny, cause sometimes I need to be a white van driver, but I always try to drive normally. Biggrin )

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Josh - 2012-08-28 21:30

The problem (as someone else guessed on the comments page) is probably the door pillar restricting visibility. They can be bitched sometimes and vans (and big cars) are notorious for having wide pillars.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Pete - 2012-08-28 21:34

It's still his responsibility to check that there is no oncoming traffic, if that means waiting a little longer or moving the van to a better angle then so be it.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Adampower - 2012-08-28 21:47

Josh he knew he was comin, surprised he didn't go after him and explain nicely how much he felt about it. I would of and have done in the past

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Elmo - 2012-08-28 22:18

(2012-08-28 21:30)Josh Wrote:  The problem (as someone else guessed on the comments page) is probably the door pillar restricting visibility. They can be bitched sometimes and vans (and big cars) are notorious for having wide pillars.

There's this thing called a torso, you may have heard of it. I hear it's quite flexible.

Chances are, he first looked when one of the cars going the other way was blocking visibility and he didn't look again to make sure. He's still an idiot, but you can't blame the A pillar.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Turkey - 2012-08-28 22:50

I don't think the window pillar is obstructing the van drivers line of sight, not before the van driver commits himself anyway. Ironically the van driver only seems to realise he's made a mistake when his view is somewhat restricted by the pillar, and then reacts by almost stopping in the oncoming car's path.

But anyway, Lamp is right, it's your responsibility to not affect the speed or direction of traffic that has right of way. There are some exceptions, but none that apply in this incident.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Pete - 2012-08-29 00:36

Elmo Wrote:
Josh Wrote:The problem (as someone else guessed on the comments page) is probably the door pillar restricting visibility. They can be bitched sometimes and vans (and big cars) are notorious for having wide pillars.
There's this thing called a torso, you may have heard of it. I hear it's quite flexible.

I love you. No homo.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Hexta - 2012-08-29 01:02

If you look at the angle of the van, then look where the door pillar is irrespective of the camera car. Still not an excuse to lean forward to check the blind spot though..

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Bez - 2012-08-29 01:57

Would of hit him personally and claimed Wink Idiots that drive like that piss me off.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Pete - 2012-08-29 09:11

So instead of attempting to prevent it you'd make it worse?

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Bez - 2012-08-29 09:14

Yeh claim abit of whiplash, claim for the car, its all good Wink

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Pete - 2012-08-29 09:28

Yes but if from the footage or witnesses they discover you made no effort to avoid the collision, you're stuffed.

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Nick - 2012-08-29 09:31

(2012-08-29 09:14)Bez Wrote:  Yeh claim abit of whiplash, claim for the car, its all good Wink

Thanks for being the type of person that's making it damn near impossible for me to get insured Wink

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Bez - 2012-08-29 10:19

Dont be a bad driver then nick Tongue hehehe

RE: Bloody stupid van driver - Josh - 2012-08-29 11:14

by no means an I trying to say that the van driver isn't of any fault. Of course you should completely clear the view before moving out, its common sense. I'm just saying that pillars hinder the drivers view and seemed to here. He still shows crap observations.