[TC] Gaming Forums
Wrong Way Autobahn - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Wrong Way Autobahn (/showthread.php?tid=5047)

Pages: 1 2

Wrong Way Autobahn - Orange™ - 2012-11-18 12:19

I think it's been said a few times now regarding this matter.

Few of us been talking, Is there anyway that the insim could auto spec if some one we are chasing . So if you go wrong way for more then 5 seconds or how ever time is fit. Seen it alot lately and rules state that cops or robbers can't go wrong way, so does that mean if a suspect goes wrong way he gets away we must let him go.. every time!

Thanks.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - BP - 2012-11-18 12:26

(2012-11-18 12:19)Orange™ Wrote:  I think it's been said a few times now regarding this matter.

Few of us been talking, Is there anyway that the insim could auto spec if some one we are chasing . So say if you go wrong way for more then 5 seconds or how ever time is fit. Seen it alot lately and rules state that cops or robbers can't go wrong way, so does that mean if a suspect goes wrong way he gets away we must let him go.. every time!

Thanks.

There is always, always a problem with this system. It's impossible to get a proper compromise regarding time taken until auto !spec because 5 seconds is probably enough to go wrong side and gain an advantage, big or small, but making it any lower would mean people are subject to getting !spec'd if they get pitted the wrong side or lose control or something.

If your suspect goes wrong side, you should try and get to him whilst going on the correct side. Remember you can always report them after.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - liberto - 2012-11-18 12:28

Agree with it.
The thing is that it often happens that a suspect goes wrong way on AB (even some meters), but the fact is that you can't follow him. So it always end up by loosing him, and points, and stats and whatever.
Personally I don't care about points/xp etc, but it's kinda frustrating. Of course I am aware that you can report him, but it's still annoying.

So yea the idea of auto-speccing wrongsiders on AB could be a solution. Like wrongsiders in pits.

At least if not auto-speccing, something else has to be done IMO

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - B!ll - 2012-11-18 12:31

complete agreement. It is little bit unfair for cops.

I like your idea orange.. Same system as in PIT wrong way driving, i dont know if is it possible, anyway looks it easy and working all times. Maybe in accidents when you go accidently in wrong side it can cause some troubles :-/.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Orange™ - 2012-11-18 12:33

I see where you are coming from. Just a chase always goes on the autobahn (Suspect likes speed!) Report is i know always there but as before you be having so many reports on wrong side. But he will still get away with it. We lose the chase, he gets warning for it.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Tupex - 2012-11-18 13:07

good idea. but how about if cop pits robber and will spin on the wrong side?

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Adampower - 2012-11-18 14:45

(2012-11-18 12:33)Orange™ Wrote:  I see where you are coming from. Just a chase always goes on the autobahn (Suspect likes speed!) Report is i know always there but as before you be having so many reports on wrong side. But he will still get away with it. We lose the chase, he gets warning for it.

Firstly, I'd like to point out Wrong side autobahn is looked at very harshly, usually a ban is imposed as its a severe offence and falls under a number of different rules, also the risk is severe.

As stated by the points above i'm not sure about the best practical solution if there is a way to implement a command to spec a user, but that would be at Chuck's discretion.

Also, a quite under-used function is the !tc command, by using !tc user x is wrong side, spec my chase. only takes a second, if a tc is online and not afk, it will get looked into instantly and as said above user will be dealt with accordingly. If that fails then forum report as per normal.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Pipa - 2012-11-18 18:11

Is it even possible for the insim to accurately determine wether you are on one side of the amco/barrier or other?

From my knowledge i doubt this is possible especially since the Autobahn is a long curve, but if it's possible +1 from me.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Savy - 2012-11-18 18:26

(2012-11-18 13:07)BMW93 Wrote:  good idea. but how about if cop pits robber and will spin on the wrong side?

Well I advise that you do not PIT on the autobahn unless its 100% safe and you're 100% sure your suspect wont wrong side.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Josh - 2012-11-18 18:58

If your suspect goes on the wrong side of the Autobahn in a way that gives them a disance advantage (whether it is accidental or not) they are meant to stop and wait for all cops to catch up.

If someone fails to do this, end the chase, take note of the chase length and report them. They will be dealt with and fined for the chase.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Chuck - 2012-11-18 19:26

At least the rules are quite precise on this matter:

Server Rules Wrote:10.1. Kyoto (KY*)
10.1.1. Driving wrong way on the Autobahn is strictly forbidden. Even during chases.

If you find yourself on the wrong side of the Autobahn while being chased, you are expected to turn around, slow down and wait for the cops to catch up. You must not gain an advantage.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Orange™ - 2012-11-18 19:52

(2012-11-18 18:58)Josh Wrote:  If your suspect goes on the wrong side of the Autobahn in a way that gives them a disance advantage (whether it is accidental or not) they are meant to stop and wait for all cops to catch up.

If someone fails to do this, end the chase, take note of the chase length and report them. They will be dealt with and fined for the chase.

(2012-11-18 19:26)Chuck Wrote:  At least the rules are quite precise on this matter:

Server Rules Wrote:10.1. Kyoto (KY*)
10.1.1. Driving wrong way on the Autobahn is strictly forbidden. Even during chases.

If you find yourself on the wrong side of the Autobahn while being chased, you are expected to turn around, slow down and wait for the cops to catch up. You must not gain an advantage.

I think 80% of people who play on TC don't read the rules. I've had 2 chases today where i've lost because of wrong side. Even when we say to the suspect to stop and turn around they don't. But i will do what TC Adam said, use !tc. It's there for a reason just hope an admin can deal with it straight away. Well i think something has to be done about it if insim allows it?

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Tupex - 2012-11-18 20:25

(2012-11-18 18:26)Savy Wrote:  
(2012-11-18 13:07)BMW93 Wrote:  good idea. but how about if cop pits robber and will spin on the wrong side?

Well I advise that you do not PIT on the autobahn unless its 100% safe and you're 100% sure your suspect wont wrong side.

true

(2012-11-18 18:58)Josh Wrote:  If your suspect goes on the wrong side of the Autobahn in a way that gives them a disance advantage (whether it is accidental or not) they are meant to stop and wait for all cops to catch up.

Didn't know that robber have to wait if he goes wrong side on Autobahn.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Chuck - 2012-12-21 19:53

Direction-checkers will be available soon (http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=5467)

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Orange™ - 2013-03-24 11:42

I thought id re open this thread because still you can go on wrong side autobahn still without getting spec... alot of holes that the insim doesn't detect still.

Area's where you can go wrong side are:

Clockwise/anti clockwise after roundabout.
Outside Safe zone 2, (where business park meets autobahn south) you can go wrong side there.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Dan - 2013-03-24 11:46

Yes Orange. The distance is way too long in which they have to drive to get auto-spec'd. This needs to be reduced immediately. I can't continuously keep doing reports, it gets on my nerves and there should be a quicker way to stop these rule-breakers doing what they are.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Cobra - 2013-03-24 12:28

Hey

10.1. Kyoto (KY*)

I think its not only this track the have this problem....

I dont understand why this track or better only the Autobahn have this strickt rules...... every other track have fast Speedlimits to.

At the most Tracks you can drive with 200 or more... the other guy in front of you have 200 kmh to.....thats a 400 kmh crash if he not see you.

Everbody the drive on the wrong side..... can become a report if he do a accident and he was reportet.

Not each on the wrong side drives caused immediately a crash.

1 or 2 days ago I crashed on the Autobahn. I was flying and slidding on the wrong side....... result...i was spected for wrong way on Autobahn.... and i lost my 130 km.

I see no difference if a Racer or Cop drive on wrong side on a other Track or on the Autobahn on this Track.

The result is the same one. Everybody is able and should be able to drive on the wrong side..... whether now the police of Suspect or a Sunday driver is. He should follow himself, in any case, him be aware if it is a crash sometimes.

Sorry for my english

Greatings Alex

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - KaraK - 2013-03-24 12:41

(2013-03-24 12:28)TypeR Wrote:  *snip*

The autobahn has dangerous corners, and only a few gaps to change lanes.
Besides that, you can easily speed over 200kph for almost the whole Autobahn. In a chase, it is very easy to lose the cops when you go wrongside and turn around, as it takes forever to go all the way around.
So yes, only Kyoto needs this strict rule.

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - Cobra - 2013-03-24 13:01

(2013-03-24 12:41)KaraK Wrote:  

Besides that, you can easily speed over 200kph for almost the whole Autobahn. In a chase, it is very easy to lose the cops when you go wrongside and turn around, as it takes forever to go all the way around.

Yes but.... if the rule deleted...the cops have no problem to catch the suspect.... or better to follow him...

RE: Wrong Way Autobahn - KaraK - 2013-03-24 13:21

(2013-03-24 13:01)TypeR Wrote:  
(2013-03-24 12:41)KaraK Wrote:  

Yes but.... if the rule deleted...the cops have no problem to catch the suspect.... or better to follow him...

But then again they would all probably cause crashes all over the Autobahn. As said, "you can easily speed over 200kph for almost the whole Autobahn", and the Autobahn has dangerous, (somewhat blind) corners to wrongside in. You are almost certain to cause a crash when wrongsiding on the Autobahn.