[TC] Gaming Forums
Redundant commands - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Redundant commands (/showthread.php?tid=5123)

Redundant commands - nonder - 2012-11-25 16:57

Hello, I think commands !hazard- and !showlaser are redundant. Hazard sign is automaticaly removed when car moves and !showlaser can be button next to speeding fine. Why have so long help if it can be shorter Smile

RE: Redundant commands - Seven - 2012-11-25 18:00

Hazard- is an option. Most just !hazard which toggles on/off.

Showlaser can be expanded upon - A button can be put there to show if a COP took a laser. If a cop did !laser , it will show the lasered speed next to the fine list, if they didn't !laser it could display ''No Laser Taken'' or similar.

RE: Redundant commands - ChrisM - 2012-11-26 08:04

The hazard command isn't redundant. The reason it's set that it disappears after the car moves, is because people can't drive around with hazard on, like some who forget to turn !caution off.

RE: Redundant commands - nonder - 2012-11-26 12:35

I think you don't know what I mean. I never used hazard- because I always just move and hazard is automatically removed so I don't see any reason why should we have hazard- if it is automatic.

RE: Redundant commands - Kayla - 2012-11-26 12:36

If you want to stay parked but remove the !hazard sign maybe? And i don't see where the problem is. Help shows !hazard[+/-] (if i remember correctly) I don't know how removing the [+/-] would give us an advantage?

RE: Redundant commands - Chuck - 2012-11-26 13:19

You might not need it but its there for the sake of completeness as it operates exactly the same like !caution, !siren, !follow (on/off/toggle). Simply removing something that ain't broke doesn't make anything better.
Regarding the !showlaser, I need to check some things in the code first.