[TC] Gaming Forums
Group Cruising Bonus? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Group Cruising Bonus? (/showthread.php?tid=5556)

Group Cruising Bonus? - Towcat - 2012-12-25 23:51

i just got an idea...
imagine a group of 3 people cruising close together with a certain distance could gain more money than driving alone.
1 xrg gets 4€ / 5 sec
3 xrg get 7€ / 5 sec (4 basically and +1 for every car in the group)

a limit could be +9 for each person (5 people), also if there are 10 people... just to limit it.

i don't know how far this is possible with the insim and the numbers are just a first idea.

RE: Group Cruising Bonus? - Seven - 2012-12-25 23:59

We discussed this in-game... I don't see the point of this idea. Yes it would encourage group cruising, and we all know how those end Smile. On the upside, it could go really well, as I said it'd encourage group cruising and probably get people more acquainted with eachother, making a better server environment.

I have an idea as to how this would work, based upon the grid referance system that was recently set up: You have 'x' ammount of cars in grid referance 'x,x'. The InSim detects how many cars are in grid 'x.x' and calculates the correct bonus for each player in that grid. This will involve some complex code and probably wouldn't be worth it in the long run, but I guess that's for our resident Code Ninja (Chuck) to judge.

RE: Group Cruising Bonus? - Towcat - 2012-12-26 00:07

(2012-12-25 23:59)TheSAgibbs Wrote:  group cruising, and we all know how those end Smile.

that's why i wanted to limit it

(2012-12-25 23:59)TheSAgibbs Wrote:  I have an idea as to how this would work, based upon the grid referance system that was recently set up: You have 'x' ammount of cars in grid referance 'x,x'. The InSim detects how many cars are in grid 'x.x' and calculates the correct bonus for each player in that grid. This will involve some complex code and probably wouldn't be worth it in the long run, but I guess that's for our resident Code Ninja (Chuck) to judge.

i don't really know much about programing... but those grids would be fixed, right? and our cars move.

if that's correct, i'd rather suggest something with the distance (i know insim can measure distances)

so maybe... if 2 cars are closer than 30m (for at least a certain time), give a certain bonus