[TC] Gaming Forums
Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? (/showthread.php?tid=6528)

Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Pete - 2013-03-25 03:43

Hey,

Thanks for the responses to my earlier question: Why do you still play?

I'd like to take a moment to summarise what was said in the hope of leading you on to asking another question. It seems that from what I've read, seen and heard on the forums, servers and teamspeak over the past 6 years is that many people see [TC] CityDriving, not as a game, but as a tightly knit community of individuals united because of their respect for what we do as a team.

Even when we had our recent downtime, discussions continued on the forum even though the game element had been removed. Teamspeak was still busy with people playing other games and just chatting.

Everyone here has observed the apparent freeze in development that Live For Speed has had over the past 3-4 years, only relatively minor releases, no new content, only tweaks to the current model. That's a long time to spend hovering around a stagnant game. It seems obvious then that the only thing keeping people here are the people themselves. We've thought about the past and we've thought about the present, it's time to think about what's ahead. Considering the prospect of future releases from the LFS development team, what do you see as the future of [TC] as a community?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on that one.

Thanks.

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Cobra - 2013-03-25 12:38

Hey,

The future of Tc City Driving Comunity

Of course I hope the sometime S3 relased becomes. Unfortunately, it hard falls to me this to believe.

I think and hope the TC his feelers stretches and also tackles other Games/Simulations.

I could introduce myself, for example, well the version GTA V a clan or such a thing in the kind is opened.

However, the Tc Comunity is big.... I think they could become even bigger and be maybe sometime in the future of one of the sides where one itself turns there with they ask all around racing simulations or In general Games Realistically are built up.

I would also wish sometime that one is able to do donations and therefore his thank or the indirect help can offer.

Well, as said. Of my opinion the Tc has Comunity the future before her feet lie.

It depends on it whether one also really wants and whether one, all the same how hard the times become, holds out.

Maybe TC Racebook? Well, this was a small daydreamingBlushing .

Simply positive in the future look. Ask around and should arise what strike.

Everything can happen nothing has to go.

However, nothing has to do everything can happen.

Greatings Alex Thumbup

Edit.: Ps.: Sorry for my english.....

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - ChrisM - 2013-03-29 02:39

Can you reword the question? Struggling to think of what sort of answer you're looking for

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Pete - 2013-03-29 02:52

Well, it's quite a broad question. What do you want [TC] to look into for the future? How do you see [TC] Developing? Etc.

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Shino - 2013-03-29 10:35

Personally,

I'd like to see part of [TC] move into some kind of FPS something like CSConfused or WaW. I play these to games alot and it does sometimes get boring on the servers I play. So it would be good if [TC] could get up a CSConfused server or something, that way too [TC] can recruit more members, we can maybe have our own forum section too?

Regards,

Matt

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Johan. - 2013-03-29 12:01

Check the Other Games subforum in the Offtopic area Maverik. Plenty of FPS games to play with people from TC.

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Shino - 2013-03-29 14:56

Yeah, I know that, but I meant it would be much cooler if TC had it's own server there..

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - Tommer - 2013-03-30 15:49

I'd like to see [TC] Develop it's own full-featured CityDriving game, yes you know, like a proper multiplayer city with AI traffic + real drivers, and not just cars, but busses, trucks, ambulance, firetruck, etc. But I guess that's wishful thinking haha Rolleyes Though if somebody here had the resources to do that it would be AWESOME.

In all seriousness, I have no idea. I'm happy to keep playing LFS for now, but it would be great if there was a new similar game we could easily migrate to for a change of pace Smile

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - RedJohn - 2013-03-30 16:10

I'd like to see a Gran Turismo 5 TC server Biggrin

RE: Reviewing your answers: Why do you still play? - E28 - 2013-04-03 09:23

I definitely feel TC should try and stay with LFS- It seems pretty unique in that it provides such a good base for a server like TC, and we've got so much built up around it (great insim, skins, etc).

That said, I am totally open to expanding into other games, be it cruise servers or something totally different. The most important thing is a good community, and that's definitely here. Smile