[TC] Gaming Forums
Chasing distances - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Chasing distances (/showthread.php?tid=6604)

Chasing distances - Johan. - 2013-03-30 16:01

Heyho.

Ok, couple of days ago - might be yesterday or the day before - I got chased by Orange, and after a couple of minutes I had a whole fleet of cops behind me (the usual). Anyhow, when I turned up on HW1, it was back to pedal to the plastic, and get away as soon as possible. Being shocked that once I went past about, 50% of the pitlane, I got the message that the cops lost contact with suspect and that I had lost the police.

The cops were at the beginning of HW1, and I was about to go into the road where the speedlimit is 100kmh (55mph-ish?).

[Image: 51570c26c67f6-Naamloos-1.png]

Oh and beside of that, after keeping an eye on the track-o-meter on how far the cops are behind me, I do notice that the distance is rather jumpy when you pass other roads.

RE: Chasing distances - Elmo - 2013-03-31 20:57

The 160kph/100mph section of HW1 is about 1100m long, which is well above both distances used for the in contact calculations. The distance between the points you've shown is about 950, which is also well above both distances.

If any cops who are in CHASE mode are further than the larger of the two values for >10s that cop loses contact.
If there are no cops within the smaller value for >10s, the suspect wins the chase.

The jumpy distance is countered by that 10 second requirement, so generally isn't an issue.

I can't see anything going wrong, based your description.

RE: Chasing distances - Johan. - 2013-04-01 00:07

Just wanted to have it confirmed Elmo, as I wasn't sure about the distance.

Thanks.

RE: Chasing distances - KaraK - 2013-04-01 09:30

Could the distances per map be made public? Would be good knowing Smile

RE: Chasing distances - Pete - 2013-04-05 23:34

(2013-04-01 09:30)KaraK Wrote:  Could the distances per map be made public? Would be good knowing Smile

Sure, will get onto it.

RE: Chasing distances - Johan. - 2013-04-07 19:32

Wasn't it in general 700m> evading and 500m> on Sydney?