[TC] Gaming Forums
Caution sign - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Caution sign (/showthread.php?tid=6776)

Caution sign - Yukine - 2013-04-13 22:32

Hello, I make this suggestion about the caution sign, because the sign is sometimes difficult to see, we can have a biggest sign like for siren (but a little smaller) please?

RE: Caution sign - Seven - 2013-04-14 00:02

I agree, either nobody pays attention to the bright yellow sign at the moment, or they just can't be bothered to slow down. I'd tend to say both of those are the reason.

I agree, a big one would be beneficial. I think I speak for everyone when they have been towing or in a chase driving toward a tow in progress and had a major accident happen because the suspect / speeder wasn't aware of the small caution sign. Think how these things happen, mainly on FE's 'The Hills' and AS' 'Hillside Road' and similar roads with fast corners and blind bends.

RE: Caution sign - Sadie - 2013-04-14 09:34

Well.. The command !hazard is put a BIG sign there it say SLOW DOWN and it change color.
But maybe make the CAUTION sign bigger?

RE: Caution sign - Seven - 2013-04-14 10:09

(2013-04-14 09:34)Adrian2k Wrote:  Well.. The command !hazard is put a BIG sign there it say SLOW DOWN and it change color.
But maybe make the CAUTION sign bigger?

Infact that sparks another old debate. Why does MED not have Hazard if their only real noticable purpose is traffic control unless a Tow isn't present... This was touched on here but I don't think a conclusion was made as (quoting Elmo) the roles of MED aren't even clear yet.

RE: Caution sign - Louis - 2013-04-14 10:13

Maybe we could have a ROADCLOSED command, surrounding MED/COP can put up showing a message saying DO NOT PASS ?? Just a suggestion

RE: Caution sign - Sadie - 2013-04-14 10:42

(2013-04-14 10:13)Louis Wrote:  Maybe we could have a ROADCLOSED command, surrounding MED/COP can put up showing a message saying DO NOT PASS ?? Just a suggestion

And some tyres/barriers?

RE: Caution sign - Seven - 2013-04-14 10:59

I tend to aim for tires. And breaking through a tire wall at excessive speeds it awesome. Somehow I think that idea won't go very well, bearing in mind MED is a role acessible by anyone.

RE: Caution sign - Roba - 2013-04-14 11:00

Cops have !hazard and !roadblock command.

The hazard command is useful as the image is large, but it shouldn't be removed if you move. Like when you put !hazard, someone crashes you, you have to move back to the position, stop and put !hazard again, where other cars might come fast seeing no caution or hazard sign and causing another crash.

RE: Caution sign - Elmo - 2013-04-15 14:34

We used to have that kind of sign for caution, but it was removed mostly because caution was (and still is) over-used and incorrectly used so much that people ignored it anyway. This is also why we added the directional hazard for situations where people really do need to slow right down.

(2013-04-14 11:00)Roba Wrote:  Like when you put !hazard, someone crashes you, you have to move back to the position, stop and put !hazard again, where other cars might come fast seeing no caution or hazard sign and causing another crash.

You can (and usually should) have caution on at the same time as hazard. While the hazard is on, it will override the caution, but if as you said the hazard gets removed, at least the caution will remain on.

Also, as hazard is very directional, having it on while the car is moving would likely cause confusion.

RE: Caution sign - Yukine - 2013-04-15 14:43

The !hazard command doesn't work for medics.

RE: Caution sign - Dan - 2013-04-15 15:24

As a cop, when I respond to a TOW and there is danger at the scene, I will use !rb to close the road to secure the scene, and use !hazard obviously to slow vehicles down. If someone really does ignore it and disrespects the hazard, I will leave the scene and chase them. When they pull over I will inform them that not only have they broken a server rule, they could (if it did occur) put the scene in more danger than it already is, therefore would issue a fine for dangerous driving.

RE: Caution sign - Louis - 2013-04-15 15:26

(2013-04-15 15:24)DanielP Wrote:  As a cop, when I respond to a TOW and there is danger at the scene, I will use !rb to close the road to secure the scene, and use !hazard obviously to slow vehicles down. If someone really does ignore it and disrespects the hazard, I will leave the scene and chase them. When they pull over I will inform them that not only have they broken a server rule, they could (if it did occur) put the scene in more danger than it already is, therefore would issue a fine for dangerous driving.

Good point!