[TC] Gaming Forums
Raising a point. [Medic sirens] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Raising a point. [Medic sirens] (/showthread.php?tid=6900)

Raising a point. [Medic sirens] - Luke™ - 2013-05-06 16:48

I'm sure everyone's fed up of questions about medics and all the drivel related to it, but I thought I should raise this point.

My point is that, I find it really unrealistic and rather stupid when some medic's drive around, speeding, wrongsiding and flauting other road rules. Could there be an introduction of some sort of rules that stops them from doing this, as Ambulances in real life would never do such things?

Thanks, Luke

RE: Raising a point. - Roba - 2013-05-06 17:51

Medics are equal to civilians. Civilians don't break so much road rules in real life either. I've seen ambulances running reds, speeding small offences that probably 99% of everyone with a licence do.

I don't think there's anything that should restrict it. I see your point, and thought about it earlier, bu there's no good enough reason for it. If people want to cruise like real life, they obey the road rules. If people want to roleplay medics and obey road rules, they do so.

RE: Raising a point. - (The Stig) - 2013-05-06 19:17

(2013-05-06 16:48)Lukey747 Wrote:  I'm sure everyone's fed up of questions about medics and all the drivel related to it, but I thought I should raise this point.

My point is that, I find it really unrealistic and rather stupid when some medic's drive around, speeding, wrongsiding and flauting other road rules. Could there be an introduction of some sort of rules that stops them from doing this, as Ambulances in real life would never do such things?

Thanks, Luke

You raise a good point, but this can be argued rather a lot, because people can say that the MEDs in game are just reinacting what would happen in real life. But this is also quite dangerous when a untrained person is at the wheel and also note that this person could be new on LFS and that would pose a ever strengthning threat to road users.

Also, in reply to the point Roba made, yes medics in the virtual world are equal to civilians and so they shouldnt brake speedlimits and shouldnt drive in such a way that endanger's the generel public [Cruiser] however in comparison in a real life situation, if a Ambulance or Medical car or RRV has been assigned a job and has been autherised to use blue lights to get to the incident or incident(s) in the quickest time possible and as a result they are able to brake speedlimits and drive in a quick and safe manor to get to the paitent.

In a virtual world the medic job is redundant because you are using cars in a virtual environment with no people in them, but in the real world its a required and essential thing! So to be honest the medic job in lfs is very much redundant and so do not need to use the horns or brake speedlimits or even drive dangerously.

So theres my case,
Regards,
[CSR] The Stig

RE: Raising a point. [Medic sirens] - Elmo - 2013-05-06 21:12

1. Edited the thread title as it wasn't in any way descriptive.

2. This thread should have been easy enough to spot... http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=6781

Right, to business.

We had begun discussing this issue just after (and I had made some notes regarding med/res rules just before) the thread above. Due to the distraction caused by our server downtime and the attacks against our (and others') servers, we haven't really got very far yet.

We didn't make any official rules regarding Med/Res when they were first introduced into the InSim, because it was an experiment and subject to change. At that point, we didn't have any good idea how they'd work. At this point, we do have some idea.

There are still potential problems that will need to be resolved (Med/Res rights, for example) that will likely change how they will work. As such, it may take us some time to bash out some proper rules etc. especially as we are still working on our main server hosting.

The following should be considered official guidelines for the meantime, until proper rules are added:

Med/Res:

● MUST drive with care and attention AT ALL TIMES.

● Are considered civilian when NOT responding to a call.

● MAY use lights + audible sirens (horn 5) when responding to a call.

● MAY speed (but not recklessly; first point still applies) when responding to a call.

● MAY break road laws if safe to do so when responding to a call.

● DO NOT have priority over other traffic. Lights/sirens are to let other traffic know you are there; they are NOT REQUIRED to yield.

Note: The above is likely to change once they're added to the rules properly.

See also: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=6762&pid=69161#pid69161