[TC] Gaming Forums
C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! (/showthread.php?tid=726)

C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Johan. - 2011-11-13 17:28

ThumbupThumbupThumbupThumbup

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - KaraK - 2011-11-13 17:59

2.1. Do not harass police officers to provoke a chase.
- Do not donut or drift around stationary cops.

Ban! Tongue

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Skrube - 2011-11-13 18:17

(2011-11-13 17:59)KaraK Wrote:  2.1. Do not harass police officers to provoke a chase.

Ban! Tongue

I shud just say that ;D

Seen it before. funny Biggrin

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Fujioshi - 2011-11-13 18:21

(2011-11-13 17:59)KaraK Wrote:  2.1. Do not harass police officers to provoke a chase.

Ban! Tongue

Action has been taken as described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Mobsine - 2011-11-13 19:06

they're allready been chased before they're gonna drift around the cop.

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Stevo - 2011-11-13 21:23

Haha sweet, get *removed* if get caught though. didn't realise f'ed isn't on swear filter

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Turkey - 2011-11-14 00:12

That's hilarious!

What's wrong with drifting in a big empty space anyway?

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - McGherkin - 2011-11-14 17:56

Probably to do with it being antisocial to a load of people - getting worse these days, at some tracks drivers are being told to slow down becuase their tyres are making too much noise Thumbdown

What do you expect if you move next to a bloody racetrack, or an airfield?!?!?!?

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Mobsine - 2011-11-17 14:11

(2011-11-14 00:12)Turkey Wrote:  What's wrong with drifting in a big empty space anyway?

idk either.. ask the TC's maybe they'll know it..
they will even kick ppl for it if they do it.. o.o"
Even without a chase.. how real

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - bullet - 2011-11-17 14:14

In Germany it's like this:
You may do whatever you want on big empty places, but they have to be private and they have to be closed areas, as with barriers and stuff.

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - KaraK - 2011-11-17 15:01

(2011-11-17 14:11)Mobsine Wrote:  
(2011-11-14 00:12)Turkey Wrote:  What's wrong with drifting in a big empty space anyway?

No they don't.
That's with drifting around roundabouts Wink

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Kyllone - 2011-11-17 20:53

I love that dudes laugh! Laugh

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Turkey - 2011-11-18 02:17

I've been reported before for doing handbrake turns in an empty space in a car park (except they actually reported for racing Confused1)

A few months later I managed to drift within the view of an unmarked police car. This was in an empty space in an icy car park.

A few months later I did a 360 in another big empty space. Someone then immediately appeared and tried to block me. I decided to evade.

And just the other day I was messing around in a really big and completely empty area of tarmac that seemed it wasn't being used for anything. I wasn't driving fast and only pulled the handbrake 2 or 3 times when a 4x4 drove towards me and then aggressively swerved right in front of my path in attempt to stop me. fortunately I anticipated this and managed to maneuver around him.

Seriously, it's like people would rather you do this kind of stuff on the road and put peoples life's at risk. Whats wrong with having fun when it's not harming anyone?!?!

Anyway, I give up. I'm going to have to save up for a car I can enter drift events in. I've wanted to do that for years anyway, I just need more work.

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - =WOLF=[NO] - 2011-11-19 14:38

(2011-11-17 14:11)Mobsine Wrote:  

Well, then you are doing it wrong...
I have never had any trouble for drifting, EVER Wink
n00bing around in roundabout, hiting oncomming traffic becouse of failing at drifting, will give trouble on the other hand Smile

TC is one of the most drifter friendly cruise servers out there, if you follow the server rules and treat the users with respect Wink

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - McGherkin - 2011-11-19 18:45

(2011-11-18 02:17)Turkey Wrote:  Anyway, I give up. I'm going to have to save up for a car I can enter drift events in. I've wanted to do that for years anyway, I just need more work.

You copied my idea Scared

If there were places where people could legally go, then it wouldn't be a problem.

Only ever been pulled by the police once. And that was about 20 seconds after this was shot:
[Image: Splash_Avatar.gif]
And they agreed with me that I was in the safest place to do it. They had to move me on, but they didn't have a personal problem with it.

The nearest race track is 140 miles away, so unless there's a club event on at a private road, then there's nowhere to go. I'd love to see the local airport turned into a track when it closes down, but that's not gonna happen.

If anyone complains, I'll ask them if they'd rather people raced on the roads instead.

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Turkey - 2011-11-19 21:36

The police and the general public certainly didn't appreciate my efforts to find safe places. That unmarked police car was actually parked up especially to catch people out when the car park was icy. If he wanted to prevent a potential accident he would have been parked up beside a road where an accident is more likely to occur.

It really annoys me that people seem to be more interested in killing the enjoyment of driving rather than preventing accidents. Outlawing the enjoyment of driving doesn't stop people wanting to enjoy driving. Like you say, it encourages people to drive like a moron in public.

IMO, when an accident happens as a result of someone trying to push their car to the limit, the driver deserves most of the blame. But a certain amount of blame belongs to the society for not providing an affordable and safe place people can go to (without getting threats of having their car crushed).

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - Stevo - 2011-11-19 21:45

Didn't take you long McGherkin till your first cop pulling over encounter Tongue

RE: C'mon then, you can't catch me.. You really can't! - McGherkin - 2011-11-19 21:56

Yeah, and for driving through a puddle Thumbdown

EDIT: Why would I? Perhaps this will elaborate. (yes, I made it.) (Click to View)