[TC] Gaming Forums
Access to medic job - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Access to medic job (/showthread.php?tid=7580)

Pages: 1 2 3

Access to medic job - Yukine - 2013-07-02 10:21

Hello, after few minutes of thinking, I think the tow job can be acceded at 0KM (like now), but the medic job can be acceded at 500, 1000 or more km.
Some persons directly goes to [MED] without know any towing rules; that little time as tow can help them to improve their towing skills.

I know, my English is just terrible Smile

RE: Acess to medic job - Connor - 2013-07-02 10:26

That actually sounds alright Renko. Smile There are quite a few people who are MEDs and they just don't know what to do. They ruin the job for other MEDs who know what they are doing, this idea would help reduce that from happening I think. Biggrin

RE: Acess to medic job - Yukine - 2013-07-02 10:31

(2013-07-02 10:26)Connor Wrote:  That actually sounds alright Renko. Smile There are quite a few people who are MEDs and they just don't know what to do. They ruin the job for other MEDs who know what they are doing, this idea would help reduce that from happening I think. Biggrin

Some persons do the [MED] job awaiting for 2500km & be a cop.

RE: Acess to medic job - Nick - 2013-07-02 10:39

I say go one better and make the medic feature only available to those who still have cop rights.

RE: Acess to medic job - Hexta - 2013-07-02 10:39

What we need is some official MED guidelines in the rules for people to read and follow.

RE: Acess to medic job - Bez - 2013-07-02 10:52

(2013-07-02 10:39)Hexta Wrote:  What we need is some official MED guidelines in the rules for people to read and follow.

This is needed badly and has been for many months. I think the TC memebers are working on it though. Sit tight and wait!

[Edit]

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=6975 < Offical MED guidelines

RE: Acess to medic job - Sadie - 2013-07-02 10:54

I will say +1 for this.. Its so many people here some not have drive 100-200km yet and just ram you when you need help.

RE: Acess to medic job - Savy - 2013-07-02 11:13

And how do you want us to do this? You want us to give MED rights to people or what? If so then this means people can also lose their MED rights. So you want us TC members to sit around and watch a MED and then work out how to train them to get their MED rights back? Sorry but no thanks.

RE: Acess to medic job - Johan. - 2013-07-02 11:24

(2013-07-02 10:39)Nick Wrote:  I say go one better and make the medic feature only available to those who still have cop rights.

How about that, Savy? This is actually a decent idea.

RE: Acess to medic job - Hexta - 2013-07-02 11:29

(2013-07-02 10:39)Nick Wrote:  I say go one better and make the medic feature only available to those who still have cop rights.

Would solve the problem of people becoming MED's after losing cop rights.

RE: Acess to medic job - Kieran - 2013-07-02 12:29

May I just ask a question, what do meds actually do? What makes them any different from tows, no one is actually going to die or lose a leg from a crash??

RE: Acess to medic job - Yukine - 2013-07-02 12:36

Please don't remove the med job..

RE: Acess to medic job - Savy - 2013-07-02 12:37

Nothing, its purely a RP unit. People just enjoy using it because they get to use sirens.

RE: Acess to medic job - Johan. - 2013-07-02 12:40

(2013-07-02 12:29)Kieran Wrote:  May I just ask a question, what do meds actually do? What makes them any different from tows, no one is actually going to die or lose a leg from a crash??

If I'm not mistaken, they are there to support the TOW's with their job, i.e. making sure the road stays clear for a bit while parking in the middle of the road with caution or hazard enabled. (Not sure if MED's do have the hazard, haven't been a MED in a while)

RE: Acess to medic job - Kieran - 2013-07-02 13:03

(2013-07-02 12:40)Johan. Wrote:  
(2013-07-02 12:29)Kieran Wrote:  May I just ask a question, what do meds actually do? What makes them any different from tows, no one is actually going to die or lose a leg from a crash??

If I'm not mistaken, they are there to support the TOW's with their job, i.e. making sure the road stays clear for a bit while parking in the middle of the road with caution or hazard enabled. (Not sure if MED's do have the hazard, haven't been a MED in a while)

Ok, thats what i thought, thanks Smile

RE: Acess to medic job - James - 2013-07-02 15:12

This. Thumbup

RE: Acess to medic job - Fiona - 2013-07-02 16:10

I'm with this idea too considering a MED interfered with a tow today and I got physically hurt when my thumb got trapped in my wheel. While some of the MED's do a great job, some do a terrible job (I'm not excluding TOW's from that either) and think they have some exclusive rights to tow, to tell other users what to do and when to do it.

* Fiona returns to being a fly on the wall Smile

RE: Access to medic job - railker - 2013-07-02 19:28

MEDs, IMO, fit right in between COP and TOW. They can dually perform street control and tow a vehicle. However, that does NOT give them higher rights than a TOW on-scene, and as brought out in the MED guide, while they can use sirens to respond, they have no mandatory right-of-way over chases or traffic. Perhaps a role that has the use of sirens should, indeed, require some rights or certification rather than anyone who wants to jump on server with a MED tag and rip around.

RE: Access to medic job - Connor - 2013-07-02 20:46

I'll +1 on Nick's idea there! Biggrin

RE: Access to medic job - Roba - 2013-07-02 21:33

Nothing wrong with Nick's idea.. No need for TC's to watch for MEDs, just the cops as usual. If a cop gets !cop- they also get their MED rights revoked and can't act as one. When they complete what they need to for getting the cop rights back, !cop+ also gives them back ability to use MED tag again.

Just Nick's idea, explained longer and less simply.