[TC] Gaming Forums
Auto Caution - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Auto Caution (/showthread.php?tid=7614)

Auto Caution - Morreboy - 2013-07-03 22:53

Can we make so if someone is flipped, it will activate a auto-caution so people can see "Here is an accident" so the crashed driver jsut dont get kill in some BIG CAR ACCIDENTS?

RE: Auto Caution - Marty - 2013-07-03 22:54

Haha, there is a reason when I flip over, I immediately go into [MED], just to put my caution on. Wink
That could be an idea, but not very realistic. (Neither is my solution Wink )

RE: Auto Caution - Morreboy - 2013-07-03 22:58

i know marty... but it´s so people are warned so they don´t crash into him because then people get angry!!!!

RE: Auto Caution - Sadie - 2013-07-03 23:38

The problem is that if you are parked somewhere it goes on auto?
Or write a command? When will the people abuse it.

Activated when SOS call?

- Not all users use that button
- People can call for help and get help from a other random user, and never cancel his call..
- Remove when moved? If a user ignore caution (Some many people do) and touch him. Now caution off and many crashes later.

If people follow speed-limed this should not be a problem. When you drive the speed-limed you have time to brake + move away from the car.

PS: You only need 1 "!" Wink

RE: Auto Caution - Yukine - 2013-07-03 23:41

Autocaution? Morre you're drunk go home.

RE: Auto Caution - Sadie - 2013-07-03 23:48

(2013-07-03 23:41)Renko Wrote:  Autocaution? Morre you're drunk go home.

It would be bether if you say why you not like this idea..

But yeah.. This say why the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are here.

RE: Auto Caution - Josh - 2013-07-03 23:59

The idea itself is quite good, I think it would need quite some work to make it viable though - i.e. for the InSim to properly recognise a situation that requires !caution, and a way to prevent abuse or misuse.

RE: Auto Caution - Chuck - 2013-07-04 05:38

For one, Insim cannot detect whether a car has flipped or lying on the side as LFS simply doesn't provide such information.
But even if that was the case I would deny such a feature as it is simply unrealistic.
If you're afraid of getting killed while being on your roof, well, you shouldn't have crashed in the first placeWink
If you're afraid of getting killed while running into a crashed car, you should have been driving slower in the first place.
When driving on a road, you should never go faster than you can see, or brake, respectively. If you decide to ignore that, you're responsible for whats going to happen.

RE: Auto Caution - Stephen - 2013-07-04 05:54

Well, you have hazard lights (9) as well..That's what they are actually used for IRL.

RE: Auto Caution - BP - 2013-07-04 06:14

(2013-07-04 05:54)Stephen Wrote:  Well, you have hazard lights (9) as well..That's what they are actually used for IRL.

To be fair, in LFS, if you don't notice a car upside down, you probably won't notice some orange pixels as hazards either. Tongue

Moving this to the suggestions forum.

RE: Auto Caution - Ace - 2013-07-04 08:50

well, at all this idea isn't that bad how it sounds for me first i've read it. In RL, after you had an accident, you'r beholden to put out a triangular safety reflector. If there's any way to do so within the insim just like a hazard sign or similar, i'd welcome this idea

RE: Auto Caution - Johan. - 2013-07-04 09:05

To be honest, driving comes with 'watching what happens ahead'. Wich means that - on cruising speeds - you always have enough time to brake and stop. Or swerve to avoid the car upside-down.

RE: Auto Caution - Ace - 2013-07-04 09:18

Johan. Wrote:"driving comes with 'watching what happens ahead'" is not everything.

sure thats one part of it, but tell me, why are we beholden to put out hazard sign in RL? It made it safer for oncomming traffic and to recognize as fast as possible the danger.

RE: Auto Caution - Luke™ - 2013-07-04 09:46

I don't like the idea of the automatic caution sign, although it would in theory reduce collisions if people slowed down for caution, it is unrealistic as cars don't have flashing warning lights (which in essence is what the caution sign replaces)

RE: Auto Caution - Johan. - 2013-07-04 10:32

(2013-07-04 09:18)Ace Wrote:  
Johan. Wrote:"driving comes with 'watching what happens ahead'" is not everything.

sure thats one part of it, but tell me, why are we beholden to put out hazard sign in RL? It made it safer for oncomming traffic and to recognize as fast as possible the danger.

To warn drivers that there's a car parked near the side of the road ahead. But, *think*, if people are already ignoring caution, what would it matter if they add another thing that just fills up your screen? Nothing much to be honest.

RE: Auto Caution - Hexta - 2013-07-04 10:37

We'd probably see caution signs non stop if that's the case. The amount of people that can't control their cars.