[TC] Gaming Forums
Assetto Corsa - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Assetto Corsa (/showthread.php?tid=7785)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Chuck - 2014-05-03 05:13

I see, we're just fixing the tyre physics and then we're ready to go. Promised.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Roba - 2014-05-03 13:41

Is AC's multiplayer going to be the LFS' tire physics? Tongue

Nah, I feel that the AC team is actually putting some effort in the making Smile

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Bez - 2014-05-03 13:53

They're a new dev, obviously they're going to have the motivation to fix things in the game.. I guess LFS is just slowly withering away..

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Zipppy - 2014-05-09 10:36

Speaking of which...

Quote:Assetto Corsa Early Access - Build 0.9 available now!

First of all, thank you for your patience and your kind support about the delay occured with the last release of Assetto Corsa 0.9.
The unexpected issue (a random black screen occured when playing single-player races) that caused the delay of the release on May 2nd, has been finally recognized and fixed.
Meanwhile, the guys involved with the multiplayer mode took advantage of this delay to improve the netcode and the communication with the servers, focusing on the core networking systems and stripping it from most of its advanced features.

Multiplayer mode is such a feature that needs massive tests that can't be brought to completion only by a private betatesting team. Now that the basic functions have been completed and are available for public testing, we are confident that our devteam will be able to monitor the online activities with the aim to fix unforeseen bugs and improve the online experience, as well adding all the big and small features that will make AC multiplayer a great online experience. Starting from the basics and improving step by step is part of the Early Access program.

For your consideration, please note that the multiplayer feature that will be released is still in ALPHA phase: using the support forum to report any issue you might encounter will help our devteam to improve the netcode and its related features.

Here's following the list of features and known issues:

Working Features:
- Booking system
- Pre-booked clients from server admins
- Password protected server for booking
- Password saving for different servers
- Multi class races
- Race weekend (practice,qualifying,race) with configurable duration and number of laps
- Select penalty system or not.
- Track cycling
- Loop mode
- Maximum client limit, determined by circuit pit boxes
- Clients may re-join at any session if booked.
- Dedicated server available.
- 10 public official servers

Known Issues - Please check and report unknown issues at our official support forums http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum
- Official server are set to 15 clients and we will gradually increase the clients number with testing. Dedicated server is not limited.
- Wheels remain always connected on the ground, even if cars flies, jumps of flips
- Steering wheels angles might be exaggerated, or inverted
- Extended characters in player names, are not supported yet
- Graphical active aero animations do not work on multiplayer clients yet
- Opponents skidmarks are not visible yet
- Opponents windshield are not visible in player’s mirrors yet
- Opponents suspension movements are vertical, wheels might compenetrate cars body on some occasions
- "Multiplayer options” option from the menu does not work yet (containing voting for skip session, restart servers, kick users, chats etc)
- Switching between sessions dirt on the car doesn’t disappear
- race session ends some seconds after the leader finishes the race

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Ras - 2014-05-09 11:49

Well the multiplayer is fantastic.... oh wait i haven't managed to get on a server.

Either its passworded, full or cannot be contacted.

Now i finally found one.

We need a TC server Tongue

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Pete - 2014-05-09 12:16

We do, yes.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - TurboLag - 2014-05-09 14:04

Does anyone know if you can make insim ?

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Ras - 2014-05-09 14:08

Insim is an LFS thing. It would have to be something completely else, if anything.

My first online experience.
It feels quite nice actually.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - TurboLag - 2014-05-09 14:17

Nice Ras Smile I think it could make a cruise server Smile

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - SLiiDE - 2014-05-09 14:41

I'll be hosting quite a few public servers, Titled "[LG] Liberated Gaming". Any suggestions on cars/tracks/laps?

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Pete - 2014-05-13 15:54

Public racing is a mess on AC unless you qualify on the front two rows. The races where I was on the front row were OK apart from a few rogue chicane cutters. Starting midfield is not something you want to do. AC need to sort out their public racing mechanic or I'm going to stick to private servers for the foreseeable future.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Chuck - 2014-06-06 15:10

- Editor released and available as a tool for everyone
- acServer bugfixing
- Physics & time-related fixes
- Fixed AI setup loading
- Setup Debug follows the currently focused car

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Ras - 2014-06-06 15:16

Would it be technically possible to create a city driving track now?

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Chuck - 2014-06-06 15:53

That probably never happen.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Ras - 2014-06-06 15:58

Not even like open config (LFS style) tracks?

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - fWANKy - 2014-06-06 17:26

If you make it from scratch, I guess it should be possible since track modding is allowed.

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Priit - 2014-06-06 20:43

Few out of many fan made tracks here: http://aspec7878.wix.com/acmods#!download/c1zn3

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Bez - 2014-06-28 16:01

£14.99 / $23.99 at the moment on steam sale!

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Petsu - 2014-06-29 08:50

I bought this when it came to sale and im so happy! The feeling you get when driving in this is just so amazing.. I wish i had Oculus Rift :/ (I tried to build DIY from cardboard using my phone but theres small lag, just enough to be annoying.. Maybe if someone releases USB screen streaming app soon)

RE: Assetto Corsa - Upcoming realistic PC racing simulator - Priit - 2014-07-10 19:47

Something familiar Smile

Blackwood for Assetto Corsa