[TC] Gaming Forums
!Join Cooldown - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: !Join Cooldown (/showthread.php?tid=8414)

Pages: 1 2

!Join Cooldown - Bez - 2013-08-21 12:58

So as a lot of you know certain people spam the !join command like mad so they can be greedy and get into chases.

Is it possible to add a spam limit as in !join is used X times in the space of X seconds = X seconds cooldown before using !join again

Eg. !join used 5 times in 3 seconds = 10 second cooldown.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Frozen - 2013-08-21 13:00

They should get fined for spamming in stead of a cooldown.

For sure that fine will " Cool them down "

Just my two cents.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Sebas - 2013-08-21 13:07

What if when the !Backup command is issued, there is a "5sec cooldown" that prevents anyone from being able to do !Join ?

That way, people spamming the !join command will not be able to join right away and people that Do want to join the chase will have time to consider joining and even manually type !join if they want to.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Bez - 2013-08-21 13:09

(2013-08-21 13:07)Sebas Wrote:  What if when the !Backup command is issued, there is a "5sec cooldown" that prevents anyone from being able to do !Join ?

That way, people spamming the !join command will not be able to join right away and people that Do want to join the chase will have time to consider joining and even manually type !join if they want to.

That doesn't stop people spamming the !join command to get in. The spammers need to be in cooldown mode not everyone trying to join.

RE: !Join Cooldown - fWANKy - 2013-08-21 16:10

Well the whole point of calling backup is because you clearly need assistance, if you are cooldown or not.

Infact, backup is usually called during this ( for me anyway) so it would be silly restricting it.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Bez - 2013-08-21 16:21

(2013-08-21 16:10)Franky Wrote:  Well the whole point of calling backup is because you clearly need assistance, if you are cooldown or not.

Infact, backup is usually called during this ( for me anyway) so it would be silly restricting it.

Don't you hate it when you ask someone on TS to join your chase and someone is just sat there spamming their !join command to just get into the chase. I know people who sit there pressing their !join bind endlessly just to get into chases. We need to stop the people who spam it and give them the cooldown for spamming.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Pipa - 2013-08-21 16:29

If franky says no, i say yes.

Also it's a good idea.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Cola - 2013-08-21 17:19

I think it's a good idea as well. I don't see a way that this would hurt anyone.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Sebas - 2013-08-21 18:15

It should also be in increasing numbers like the regular spam Filter and could result in a Kick/Ban if someboby continues to abuse the system.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Ras - 2013-08-21 18:23

Seems like a pretty good idea. As an admin, its also annoying to get spammed with !join on chat log.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Bez - 2013-08-21 21:31

(2013-08-21 18:15)Sebas Wrote:  It should also be in increasing numbers like the regular spam Filter and could result in a Kick/Ban if someboby continues to abuse the system.

Indeed cooldown timer could increase for repeated offenders.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Bez - 2013-08-22 09:23

Can we get a few more thoughts from TC members and others? I think this would be a great idea and i don't want it to get buried and lost forever.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Luke™ - 2013-08-22 12:39

I don't think cops should be fined for spamming !join, as it isn't done malicously, it's done because cops are keen to help in chases, and want to make sure they get in - it doesn't offend anyone, and as everyone does it, it's not unfair either. I do believe there should be a cooldown, but not for spamming !join. There should be a cooldown for calling !backup, as I've often seen cops spamming this so cops in other chase are unable to call for backup because a cop is calling for backup continuously in a chase no one wants to join. I think having 10 seconds between the end of a backup call and the beginning of the next one for the same chase. As in there is 10 seconds between the end of a backjup 'join' period and being able to call it again for the same chase.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Dowpy - 2013-08-22 12:41

Sounds good.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Connor - 2013-08-22 14:10

I like the sound of Bez's idea maybe a bit better just because there are some (new) cops that spam the !join command and I've had situations before where they join and just disrupt the chase. I know it's not their fault, they're new, but I would like a !join cooldown.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Luke™ - 2013-08-22 14:33

We've all been there Connor, we all had to start out somewhere. Maybe letting new cops in chases more is a good thing, as it's the only way they're going to learn and gain experience.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Chuck - 2013-08-22 15:04

(2013-08-21 16:21)Bez Wrote:  Don't you hate it when you ask someone on TS to join your chase and someone is just sat there spamming their !join command to just get into the chase. I know people who sit there pressing their !join bind endlessly just to get into chases. ...

Do you have access to our chatlogs or where is that coming from?

RE: !Join Cooldown - Sebas - 2013-08-22 15:11

New idea:

What if instead of a chat command (!join), there would be a button that would appear on the screen? That would force the user to move the mouse and physically click on the button to be able to join the chase?

That button would contain all the information in regards to the chase (Like what its says on the top bar). We could also use the same system for Tow calls as well.

By doing that, we would prevent the !join spam and everybody would get a chance to join a chase.

RE: !Join Cooldown - Bez - 2013-08-22 15:18

(2013-08-22 15:04)Chuck Wrote:  
(2013-08-21 16:21)Bez Wrote:  Don't you hate it when you ask someone on TS to join your chase and someone is just sat there spamming their !join command to just get into the chase. I know people who sit there pressing their !join bind endlessly just to get into chases. ...

Do you have access to our chatlogs or where is that coming from?

Since I'm sat in TeamSpeak doing a count down and some random person joins the chase just as i say go I'm kinda guessing they are just sat there spamming their join command.

Also

(2013-08-21 18:23)Ras Wrote:  Seems like a pretty good idea. As an admin, its also annoying to get spammed with !join on chat log.

RE: !Join Cooldown - KaraK - 2013-08-22 15:49

(2013-08-22 15:11)Sebas Wrote:  New idea:

What if instead of a chat command (!join), there would be a button that would appear on the screen? That would force the user to move the mouse and physically click on the button to be able to join the chase?

That button would contain all the information in regards to the chase (Like what its says on the top bar). We could also use the same system for Tow calls as well.

By doing that, we would prevent the !join spam and everybody would get a chance to join a chase.

There are mouse and keyboard drivers here too Wink
A cooldown should do the trick (: