[TC] Gaming Forums
have own chat in spectacte - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: have own chat in spectacte (/showthread.php?tid=9001)

have own chat in spectacte - Jimmy - 2013-10-13 16:36

I was thinking about have like you standing in and talking over !L in game

so if anythink this is good idea with spectacte to so dont others can se while there driving.

Just a idea.

RE: have own chat in spectacte - BP - 2013-10-13 16:38

!channel (channel name)
!ch (text)

??

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Jimmy - 2013-10-13 16:41

I mean without that, just when if you are in spec,non driving. Sorry bad english.

RE: have own chat in spectacte - BP - 2013-10-13 16:52

(2013-10-13 16:41)Jimmy Wrote:  I mean without that, just when if you are in spec,non driving. Sorry bad english.

Then I don't really understand.

If people are in spec, they are in spec. They are not close to each other. So it would mean that everyone in spec would see it.

Unless I've misunderstood.

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Jimmy - 2013-10-13 16:56

yeah probaly i am better to explain on swedish haha.

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Frozen - 2013-10-13 16:58

He means, that: while you are spectating the text which you type just displays to the users who are spectating at the same time , so that you don't "disturb" the other players who are driving.

Usefull for a racing server , but not for a cruise one.

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Jimmy - 2013-10-13 17:02

(2013-10-13 16:58)Frozen Wrote:  He means, that: while you are spectating the text which you type just displays to the users who are spectating at the time , so that you don't "disturb" the other players who are driving.

yeah that is what i did try to explain

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Connor - 2013-10-13 17:08

Yeah it would be good for a racing server, as Frozen said, not a cruise one. There is already a load of chat when you are driving, it doesn't particularly put me off; I'd say we wouldn't need it Smile

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Roba - 2013-10-13 18:40

Yeah, if people want to chat in peace, they have !pm and !ch commands already.

During my 2+ years, I haven't got a single situation where I would have benefit from such chat.

Not a bad idea, but just not that useful.

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Jimmy - 2013-10-13 18:52

but think if can only !pm back and to another user just 2 people, but in other way can talk private more in spec

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Bez - 2013-10-13 20:54

(2013-10-13 18:52)Jimmy Wrote:  but think if can only !pm back and to another user just 2 people, but in other way can talk private more in spec

Create a channel... (!ch namehere) Invite your friends to the channel... ("Guys join !ch namehere") Use !ch to talk to your friends... ("!ch hi buddys! Biggrin)

I honestly don't see the problem as you can use !pm and !ch in spec. Maybe like BP I'm missing something as well?

RE: have own chat in spectacte - Frozen - 2013-10-14 13:46

(2013-10-13 20:54)Bez Wrote:  Maybe like BP I'm missing something as well?

I've already explained once what he wanted to say , and it's very clear.

Frozen Wrote:He means, that: while you are spectating the text which you type just displays to the users who are spectating at the same time , so that you don't "disturb" the other players who are driving.

There you go.