[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: New PC Advice(s) - HELP NEEDED!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Guys,

After 3 years of having my Samsung PC which was performing really good the first 2 years and now is not doing as good I thought, so I decided I need to get a new one.

I'm not really professional in technology stuff, so since I have seen that most of you here actually are good in tech stuff I will ask you and hopefully you can give me quality feedback.

Ok, I don't want to make this long, but I want a PC that will actually last more than 4 years and can run LFS at a very high FPS and has a nice display, sound, graphics and everything. If I find anything that can catch my attention I will go for it.

My budget is around 1,200$ USD.
So you want everything new? Like screen, pc, headphones etc? right?
Or just PC? That case below or on desk?

edit: If you play only lfs, you dont need that high budget.
I want an entire new PC, its fine I can lower the budget. I might be playing other games too, but in the mean time its only LFS.

& I don't like PC's with very small screens.
A good start will be:

Asus Z97-A
Intel i5 4690k
Nvidia GTX 970
OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD
Corsair Carbide SPEC-02
I will let someone else reccomend the other stuff Wink
I dont want to build one... I want to buy a personal computer. Laptop preferred.
MSI have good computers for gaming. I will let you a page for one, its an spain page, but im sure that in your country you can find them

http://www.pccomponentes.com/movil/msi_g...15_6_.html

8GB of ram
i7 4xxxx
GTX960m
(2015-07-15 07:03)KooKoo Wrote: [ -> ]I dont want to build one... I want to buy a personal computer. Laptop preferred.

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-lap...96_98.html

I just found that web site. You might want to check it out.
Oh lawd, the tower you could build with $1200....
$1200 is just overkill if you want to play just LFS lol. You can build an amazing PC with that budget though.
Big advice from me don't go with AMD and stick with Nvidia!
I bought AMD on my PC and I am not a big fan of it because most games are optimized.
Also I have an i7 wich is nice because you can multitask like a madman!
I recently bought new parts to my pc and i would recommend going with Skoda's advice. The Nvidia GTX 970 is absolutely amazing, the cpu isnt bad either.
The problem is, if I build my own PC I cant take it around with me, I constantly travel here and there and also constsntly move countries.

That Sager laptop looks promising, Damn.
You know, u can also move ur pc right? It is just little bit harder. But your choice. Lol. Actually i dont like laptops to gaming, PC 4ever!! So you travel alot? How much time? Ofc it is easier with laptop, and then when u will stand in same position, go buy pc?
I'm not in a mood to carry everything and pack it and all that stuff, I just want a nice Laptop that I can simply put in the bag normally. And I even don't play using my Laptop's display.. I plug it into a TV using HDMI so I have a bigger display. Yes I travel a lot, I come to Qatar almost every holiday, I live in Indonesia and sometimes I go for a vacation in Europe or America somehwere... And probably next year I will be somewhere else.
(2015-07-15 07:31)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8651-clev...-7690.html

I tried to customize that and it reached 2000$, Isn't there something cheaper, I thought my budget was already good enough..
it was good, for PC. Gaming laptop is always more expensive than Personal Computer. Last thing what i can say: Take Intel and nvidia, dont amd.
I bought a £1,200, i7 gaming laptop in 2010 and it lasted just 20 months, it munched through 2 screens, one hard drive and two GPU's. Never again...

The PC I bought to replace it has been with me ever since, the total cost of it so far has been £518. (It was £300 then I upgraded the GPU and bought an SSD) and it fits in a carrier bag because it has a small form factor. For development stuff and convenience I also own a £200 netbook which I love.

It took me a while to settle on a PC setup that actually works for me and I feel that the workstation + netbook combination works for me. It's not for everyone and it might not be ideal for you KooKoo but it should at least be a consideration. Small form factor PCs are more convenient to transport than you think.

Gaming laptops or any laptops for that matter are so much more expensive than PCs because of their size and the ever growing consumer need for power and performance. Desktop hardware is generally cheaper bang for buck because size isn't really important. It's also more durable because component quality doesn't have to be compromised and cooling is normally much, much better.
I found something better, do you recommend me to buy a HP desktop computer with TouchScreen and Beats Audio? Its one that looks like I can pack with my stuff. I have one but it's not mine, I took it from my father's office and it performs good.

I don't know if i should buy one though.
I wouldnt recommend a touch screen computer. Just looks like a tablet but in XXL format...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's