[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Euro Truck Simulator 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A truck simulator in this case, is more 'complete' with real trucks instead of made-up trucks like ETS1 (wich were based on real trucks, but they still were different). With those licenses, they are allowed to use the names, and truck-designs to every inch of the truck in their game(s). Just adds a little 'extra' to the realism-feeling.

Just like you can buy several cars in Need for Speed Pro Street. You can say to your friends "Ohh yeahh, I have just bought the BMW Z4M Coupé, and I'm now driving it at the Nurburgring!", you could now say to friends "Ohyeah, I've got the newest DAF XF95".
Yes, but why is it such a big deal for the manufacturers?
No idea, I think, that if a developer decides to base a truck on a real truck, that it can't be close unless he has a contract / license with the manufacturer of the truck.

From those manufacturers eyes, it would mean, giving certain amount of people the 'sensation' to drive in their truck, instead of a made-up one. Its also a bit of advertising.
Yeah, I just don't see a reason for the truck manufacturer to deny the contract..
Well, not all developers are able to do a good job at rebuilding a digital version of a truck, to the inch precise..
The game might damage their reputation, or they think using their name in a game is worth more money than what is offered.
Well I believe ETS1 already had quite large fanbase, and even without realistic trucks it was quite huge success.

And the trucks on ETS2 are fantastic, and I wonder if they just need to notify every single small detail error they find on the 3D model before they can accept the licence.
I think SCS have came a long way. Remember back in the days of 18WOS where there selling point was basically drifting trucks?

Tongue
Wow they did 18WOS? I always thought the old ones were such crappy games... they certainly have come a long way.
Don't know if you have seen this trailer, but it's awesome

Don't forget the game is coming out later this month!
Looks like its going to be awesome. I will be buying it whether there are the real truck logos or not. If you remember in ETS you could download a mod anyway, to give all the trucks their real logos.
Yeah, tbh it doesn't really matter to me how real the trucks are, as long as it is realistic and nice to drive them.
Gee.. Excalibur Publishing now shows 26th of October..
Well, official release date is still 19th October

http://blog.scssoft.com/
Hope it isn't as bad as the old one.
(2012-10-14 20:23)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]Hope it isn't as bad as the old one.
Believe me it's much better. Scania Truck Driving Simulator, which is out, is awesome and ETS2 is supposed to be even better as for what i understand.
I really hope the wheel support doesn't suck.
19th October would be awesome, means that I would be able to game it for the last 3 days of my holiday! Biggrin

Edit:
Can't seem to find the price anywhere, anyone know how much it'll be?
€24.99 from Excalibur Publishing, currently on sale for $26.95 from Origin ($29.95 original price).
Reference URL's