[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: License tests - first stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems like many of you were caught unpreparedWink

Some stats from the first 3 hours:

COP passed: 45, failed 22
TOW passed: 18, failed 23
MED/RES passed: 17, failed 12
[Image: FKX0YTKFB7FYD1U.MEDIUM.gif]
Very interesting! You all were warned though Tongue
News Wrote:Please be aware: The tests are not trivial. Be prepared, read the rules, the guides, the manual and the fine-list. Do not merely rely on the fact that you've been a cop for years or these tests will beat you.

Keep up the good work with the exams guys. Smile
I love how partly right questions made me fail my med/res and tow tests :/
Some probably rushed it a bit.

Great work again chuck.
Yerr 11 mistakes. Guess I wont be tow-ing anytime soon lol.
(2014-04-22 19:12)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Yerr 11 mistakes. Guess I wont be tow-ing anytime soon lol.
Try again tomorrow. You'll be fine Smile
Quote:Please be aware: The tests are not trivial. Be prepared, read the rules, the guides, the manual and the fine-list. Do not merely rely on the fact that you've been a cop for years or these tests will beat you.

How I were prepared to tow/med tests:
-Taking medication that make you drowsy. (Off-topic, it was for my knees),
-Didn't sleep the last night,
-Regarding the first reason, I was unable to read the screen correctly,

That make me a good student.

(after sleeping a little, I tried the cop exam & got it)
I guess studying the police guide and other manuals isn't enough to pass this test.
(2014-04-22 19:45)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]I guess studying the police guide and other manuals isn't enough to pass this test.

Rules + manuals are all you need. We made sure that all questions are in there.

Biggest mistake i have come across was the fact that some people thought that TC Lights/Strobe are a requirement.
Not in the rules = not a requirement.
Even more, the rules EXPLICITLY state that you don't need it.
(2014-04-22 20:10)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Even more, the rules EXPLICITLY state that you don't need it.
oh I had that one wrong, but who cares.. I passed my cop exam Ohmy

(2014-04-22 19:51)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]Biggest mistake i have come across was the fact that some people thought that TC Lights/Strobe are a requirement.
Not in the rules = not a requirement.

(2014-04-22 20:10)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Even more, the rules EXPLICITLY state that you don't need it.

Was this before or after the answers got fixed? Tongue
Police Guide Wrote:To participate in pursuits, you must ensure you have a fully working strobe/siren tool which will activate your sirens and flash your lights.

That heavily implies that we need a strobe program since we "must ensure [we] have a fully working strobe/siren tool".

And also, whether or not we can speed to get a !laser is completely missing from both the rules and the police guide. I've been told by [TC]►Val◄ and another user that I can, but the rules state that I can't break any road laws. This is confusing and contradictory.

Unfortunately, not everything is clear in the manuals/rules/guides.
(2014-04-22 21:03)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]
Police Guide Wrote:To participate in pursuits, you must ensure you have a fully working strobe/siren tool which will activate your sirens and flash your lights.

That heavily implies that we need a strobe program since we "must ensure [we] have a fully working strobe/siren tool".

I agree that may be worded a bit awkwardly. However if in doubt stick to the rules.

(2014-04-22 21:03)Kenwood Wrote: [ -> ]And also, whether or not we can speed to get a !laser is completely missing from both the rules and the police guide. I've been told by [TC]►Val◄ and another user that I can, but the rules state that I can't break any road laws. This is confusing and contradictory.
Unfortunately, not everything is clear in the manuals/rules/guides.

Good point think that could probably added to the manual aswell. Rules wise this would be classed as "Cops may break road laws only in case of a chase..." and is therefore allowed.

Good points there.
Thanks for pointing those things out. Even with ~20 team members it seems we're still missing things like this. At least the community is awake! Wink

Updated the lights+siren section:

Quote:To participate in pursuits, you must signal to passers by that you are in pursuit of another vehicle. You should either use a strobe/siren tool which will activate your sirens and flash your lights or simply put your lights on (3 key) and your hazards (key 9). Although you do not need a strobe program, it is more convenient to use one. When you are in a pursuit you should also use audible sirens. When no traffic is in view for a long period of time you may turn off the audible siren, however we do suggest you use a siren at all times in case traffic appears that you weren't expecting.

Added a clause to the laser section of the police guide:

Quote:If someone disappears out of your tracker and is speeding up, you are allowed to speed momentarily to try and get back within laser range. Use your discretion with this but generally, if you are unable to catch up and get within laser range in a few seconds, return to the speed limit and let them go this time.

Many thanks Kenwood.
Whoah, this is an absolutely amazing feature that you have done! It makes me really interested to make a comeback!

I felt i wanted to give you a cheer and my support for this and all the other things you have done. Great to see that so many are still here, still very dedicated and determined to continue to give us amazing features. And simply just continues being awesome!

*I'm still lurking around* Biggrin
Hm. I'm skeptical.

I've not access to a wheel atm so I haven't been on [TC], but if the questions are 'trick questions' such as that one about wether or not a strobe is 'required' , then it's like judging a cop on his ability to be a judge in a court.. is kinda weird?

I mean, it's pretty accepted as fact that you need an audible siren going in chase, along with strobes. Why would you call an individual cop out for beleiving that he needed a strobe program, and saying that's a wrong answer?

How did a cop believing he needed a strobe program make him a 'wrong' cop who was not abiding the rules? If anything, in using a strobe program instead of pressing/holding buttons himself he's improved road safety, and many would think and agree it should be a requirement, given that a cop has much more important things to be concentrating on.

I just think you shouldn't try to trip people up on little details that make no difference to a cops performance.. people can be cops without being 'legal eagles'. I've not seen the rest of the questions in circulation so I am purely judging on that one question, I have no idea if all the other ones have been engineered in the same way.
Unnecessary to say that the authors of that manual also had trouble passing the test Wink

However, the are/were some doubtful questions, of which some have already been re-phrased. Some will soon. Not blatantly wrong, but they sometimes lead to misunderstandings. I always struggle keeping "allowed by rules" and "allowed by laws" apart. Those questions need to be clarified asap.
The result-page will now show whereabouts your mistakes were, so you got a clue what to improve.

[Image: hints.png]
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's