[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: The Crew - Open world racing game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ive tried the beta at my mate's
clutch, h-gate and stuff are all working pretty good with the g27

customization is not my taste though, as you can only change complete parts of the car for example the front, the rear and the sides. Lights, grilles, exhaust parts, etc are not changeable individually
(2014-08-09 23:46)Johan. Wrote: [ -> ]Wasnt this supposed to be one of the launch titles of the PS4? Thrown into the world as "realistic team based race simulator" wich later turned out to be quite a regular racing game?

Watch Dogs was supposed to be a launch title. The Crew slipped under the radar a bit, and I'm guessing the date on the original trailer was a tentative one.
ive been on the beta now for last few days and i got to say its absolutely amazing Biggrin beats any racing game out by miles, its a racing game that everyone actually wants Biggrin
Tried it yesterday and i would say it's ok. Physics are bareable and it looks are acceptable, i suspect it will be similar to the nfs genre. Hype it a lot and after two weeks nobody will be playing it anymore.
Me howlin bez and destroyer were on it for hours, at the start we were pissed off and thought it was dreadful but after we got used to the arcade feel we didnt realise how much fun this actually is. The storyline is meh but it's got a NFS feel to it but better. It's a lot of fun I've got to say.
I really like driving in an open world environment, so if the map is really that big, and I could cruise from west to east without having to do races or anything...
Me likes! Biggrin
Big question for me is, can you just cruise around and disable missions etc? Like proper, no bullshit free-roam.
Yes you can, you can avoid the missions entirely and just drive like a boy racer Wink
OH YES!
Definately buying that game then.
Is it only available on Steam or also available to buy in a store?
(My connection is hopeless, so downloading will take long, very long or wont even be possible.)
Don't have a clue it's only in Beta so far. Be warned you do have to do 1 or 2 missions at the start until you can get into your HQ. The missions literally are races so it's not that bad. You just need it to get the money and buy better stuff for your car Tongue
Free PC Beta key: M9WB-HLMG-P8AP-6EVV

Please post if you claim it.
Got it, ty Bez
(2014-08-28 17:35)Juntu Wrote: [ -> ]Got it, ty Bez

Np mate BiggrinThumbup1

Also if anyone needs one still try here.

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-the-crew-...-give-away

Not sure if they have ran out yet or not. Worth a try.
Too bad it's only available on the next gen consoles and PC Sad
My PC is too slow I think tbh (already 5 years old) and my X360 is just 1 year old.. :/
Got one to, thanks mate
Just tried the beta, it's pretty good, but nothing too new.

Hopefully the multiplayer stuff blows me away. I'll upload some videos tomorrow. I also think the game is sublty telling me I need a graphics card better than a GTX 560. I enjoy messing around with the cops on this, and losing them instantly. The stickshift in the game should be improved though. I have to shift back to neutral if I don't time the shifting right, and I also start rolling races in neutral, WTF.

The cutscenes are a bit too hollywood-esque. the one that hurt the most was seeing a LHD, (yes, you read that right) R34 GTR and a Focus RS doing a RWD burnout. WHHYYY..

Did anyone notice that the voice of the protagonist sounds like Troy Baker (known for voice 1 on Saints Row 3 and 4)?
The Crew arcade physics a lot! Sad

Have free Key:
have fun last end beta today!
(2014-08-29 08:55)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried the beta, it's pretty good, but nothing too new.

Hopefully the multiplayer stuff blows me away.

The game is much better pratting around with your friends. In my opinion anyways.

(2014-08-29 08:55)Zipppy Wrote: [ -> ]The stickshift in the game should be improved though. I have to shift back to neutral if I don't time the shifting right, and I also start rolling races in neutral, WTF.

Try using auto Clutch with Manual H shifter. It's a bloody awful setup with the wheel, H shifter and clutch. There's also a bit of a "realistic" delay in gear changes so it's really off putting. The steering is also bizarre, you will be turning for ever before your car actually moves, but sometimes it will turn instantly aha. And for the races you just have to predict what gear you are going to start in :') I believe it will be getting patched up.

Did this one during the last beta and i really didn't like it. The graphics/textures/etc are pretty good for such a large map, even with the weird dust/lens flare everywhere.

The thing where they really screwed up are the physics, there is no challenge and it becomes repetitive really quickly. It is way too easy and offers absolutely no enjoyment for driving down a twisty country road. All you have to do is turn the wheel, brake slightly to accomodate for understeer and thats it. Drifting in this game is non existant.

I could go for hours in tdu1 and after about an hour i regretted downloading this.
So, the game is now released... Does anyone have it? I'm currently downloading it myself hoping to get to play it tomorrow (16GB).

Sorry for the bump
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's