[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: How did you discover LFS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sounds like a silly question, right?

But I have always wondered because many of you have been on LFS for years and years and some are only just discovering.

But as far as I am aware, LFS is not very publisized or advertised, if yes then not very much.
[TT] LuckyLuke

Need more be said? Tongue
I'm a member of a Dutch forum. Which had a topic about LFS and a demo server for the forum members to race against eachother.
I found it via an article on a danish online gaming magazine (which also ran a netcafé business) back in 2006. It's been closed due to bankruptcy for years now. Can't believe it's been almost over 8 years.
I think I found out about it through YouTube videos (Can't remember when - probably about 2011?-) and through Forza (I used to be a Forza nub) and since my Xbox wheel broke I decided to give GT5 and I bought a DFGT with it, I found out that I could use it not only on PC but that my PC could run LFS (My computer is next level baked potato) and it has been amazing fun ever since, seriously the amount of hours I've spent on this game compared to some games I've bought is unreal.
I found the TC server in 2012, no idea how I found out about it but I was one of those people who ask about the ingame jobs and get really confused when they find out that you don't get any.
A friend told me about LFS back in 2007.
I first heard of LFS in early-mid 2003 when my Dad mentioned it over dinner. He said that him and his workmates had found this sim and that they'd been playing it in their office during lunch breaks. I used to go into the office sometimes and thrash them all on Rallycross. Back then you didn't need an account to play all of the Blackwood content and so I only got my S1 account on my birthday in February 2004.
A friend was playing it years and years back, and I caught on and ended up playing demo for a few years against AI and messing around, then bought S2.
Been playing TC for most of the time I've had S2 now.
Ive seen it on an advert of a site with free games to download (demos) sometime in 2008. Played it for like a month, but after that lost interest in it and again started like year later, but after some difficulties I left it again. Now after some years I came back to it, finally bought license and Im happy here Smile.
Looking on Youtube for a realistic physics driving simulator and LFS popped up in quite a few videos. I played the demo for about 2 weeks then bought S2.
(2014-11-17 00:57)Dowpy Wrote: [ -> ]A friend told me about LFS back in 2007.

Same as my story lol, but I think I bought the game in 2007 for my birthday
SOTibe introduced the game to me in February 2013.
From the TV.
Cousin showed the game to me back in 2011, was hooked right away and made my a first account and bought S2 on Feb 3rd 2012 and been a [TC] Cruiser since then...
Saw it on YouTube in 2008. Looked up the game in 2010. The free demo sealed the deal.
A friend of mine introduced me to the game in december 2008, plan was for us to race together.
He hasnt raced since then and i, well now cruise and race Smile
A friend of mine showed me LFS, so I thought I'd try demo for a few days and see what it's like. At first I didn't really understand the concept of cruise servers - "earning money?", "road names?!" but then I guess I grasped what they were and became stuck in. Wink
i googled "lfsq" when just typing random things to google, then did you mean "lfs" came up.
demo was borring so i tried buying a S2 license.

when i found tc i was like ermagaaad, is this real? roadnames, speedlimits, cops, MONIES?!
I tried the demo back in 2009, then got away from it and found it again in 2010. After getting bored with the demo after a while, I found a pirated version with all the S2 content unlocked. I liked the stuff alot, but I really missed the opportunity to go online. So went back to the demo version, discovered cruise servers which I liked. Then bought S2 in beginning of October and a G27 shortly after for my birthday. Went on TC three days later and been here ever since.
A friend from Chile visited me this game back in 2010 in april over a LAN so we did go to demo and just raced some laps together then after that i bought s2 license
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's