[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: General FSX/P3D Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am really thinking of buying P3D v.3 and Superbug for it, but those would cost 143€.
I've been looking into getting FSX, where can I get that Scottish map? Is it an add-on on steam?
Sam it is an addon from FTX, costs about 20€I think
E: Checked and its about 50€
Geeze, that is a fair bit. I think I will wait and see how I enjoy FSX in the long run
Yeah, with 40€ you get aerosoft full 320 family
Just go P3D Proffesionel plus, looks AMAZING AS DEFAULT!
Just had a VFR Flight with a friend in VATSIM Today (I play P3d)

[Image: mWIUmhW.png]
[Image: 6uLo2yw.png]
[Image: wokJSFl.png]
[Image: XYg2c8F.png]
[Image: oHlqCK6.png]
[Image: Xe5iVIt.png]
Don't fly in Germany. I forbid that!
Hey guys,

I'm seriously thinking about buying FSX Steam Edition on Steam. Indeed, it is at €7 or something at the time of the message; though I have the boxed version (in German, thanks Saturn) I'd like to be able to buy addons and sceneries which are available on Steam.
I'm already playing others sims (FlightGear, and I've tested X-Pkane on a friend's PC) however I want to make sure that actually buying FSX: SE is worth €7 compared to a boxed FSX.

(and actually it'll enable me to have a game in English but that's not really a problem as I study German lol)
raphi check if steam accepts your "boxed" code before purchasing... might save a couple of bucks there... great to see Flight Sim enthusiasts here.. fly safe guyz
(2017-06-16 18:26)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I'm seriously thinking about buying FSX Steam Edition on Steam. Indeed, it is at €7 or something at the time of the message; though I have the boxed version (in German, thanks Saturn) I'd like to be able to buy addons and sceneries which are available on Steam.
I'm already playing others sims (FlightGear, and I've tested X-Pkane on a friend's PC) however I want to make sure that actually buying FSX: SE is worth €7 compared to a boxed FSX.

(and actually it'll enable me to have a game in English but that's not really a problem as I study German lol)

It depends mostly on if you use addons outside of Steam as Dovetail updates steam edition quite lot. Every time a update comes, it breaks some addons and you have to download them. Also a option for you is P3D V4 as it is the first version to come 64 bit. It looks nicer and has better FPS (at least I have heard that). But the Academic license costs 60$ and it also has quite a lot of updates so it has basically the same problem that FSXConfusedE has. Also most devs, that are active, are still updating their addons to v4 as they have to change addons from 32 bit to 64 bit. That is one reason why I at least currently use FSX boxed because the addons don`t break because of new updates. Also it has quite a lot of good freeware stuff to use (Usually not aircraft).

Going to add up that thrustmaster showed us their new F-18 stick. Its some sort of mod for the Warthog
[Image: uSda41j.jpg]
(2017-06-17 05:38)dyzio2206 Wrote: [ -> ]raphi check if steam accepts your "boxed" code before purchasing... might save a couple of bucks there... great to see Flight Sim enthusiasts here.. fly safe guyz

Already looked, and MS said that it wasn't the same "game" so they're not accepting FSX boxed keys into Steam. ffs Sad (happily I bought this FSX for like €5)

And yes, I've planned to use many addons, either freeware or payware. I loved FlightGear however there's not enough activity here, though I did a game introduction here in this Community Area.

And I think I'm going to buy it anyway, I'll keep the boxed version as a collector lol

And I'd rather buy X-Plane than P3D, I am surely wrong but I prefer the "simplicity" of X-Plane, though I love simulation. Maybe in 300 hours of gameplay Smile
[Image: 7rBtKbd.png]

Got it on Steam. Smile
you should have waited like 2 hours, summer sale is today
(2017-06-22 16:08)AdamB Wrote: [ -> ]you should have waited like 2 hours, summer sale is today

You can get a rebate in such cases. Just request a refund and re-buy it.

Steam Refunds Wrote:We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.
The thing is, FSX: SE with the addon I purchased was a sale itself; therefore I think it won't have been cheaper. But of course, I could have waited a bit more.
Raphi i have FSX : SE and everything like PMDG or Aerosoft addons but if you have a good PC i consider P3D v4
Of course XPlane is a master piece but i dont think you would enjoy the reality of it's content, and no much addons tho its the best controls simulator.
FSX is a light sim, with most addons, ofc cheaper but with graphics addons like REX, ASN, and all these wonderful improvers its worth it.
I have fsx, p3d v4 and xplane 11. And I must say i enjoy p3d way more Than the others
Just a picture of me departing in the Airbus A320 United airlines from Toronto, arriving at Chicago.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

[Image: 39a62fb9c2da0c928a955ad45f709a76.png]
get some addons and enjoy it...
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's