[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Jays Ibiza Cupra 211bhp Updated 20/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oh awesome.

[Image: IMG_20111001_112416.jpg]

Wink
Saw it on ZSOC about a week ago lol, i just browse on there until i can actually drive. Gotta admit the ZS did look better but the Ibiza's power probably makes up for the lack in styling Tongue
The ZS was a better looking car from all angles. But yeah the drive makes up for it. This will probs be quicker than or as quick as the unreleased ST due next year Smile
The new ST looks disgusting, so i think it will beat the ST in both looks and power Tongue
Yeah- Im sure the ST will grow on us. Should be nice but 180ps out of a 1.6 turbo when mine makes same peak power than it with a 1.4? the Supercharge the Cupra has has nothing to do with the top end power. it only runs up until 3400rpm(dependant on circumstances) so they have been able to bolt on a nice big turbo for the mid-high rev range. eeee Biggrin
Really nice car mate! Sounds like it goes like stink, bet your happy with it Tongue
Chers Stevo Smile- Hows your ride going?

Brad why did you post that pic of the car with your post too?

lol

Jay
Sitting in the back corner of a garage awaiting more work needing to be done to it, off the road Tongue.
Stalking Rolleyes
nice nice
haha thanks jappe. thankfully I don't have the urge to mod this one (at least for now) though I know it will get to the stage where I will want more power. but instead of buying a new car I will get a larger FMIC, remap the engine, and whack on a milltec exhaust Wink

Jay
Got too much money? Tongue
I duno lol depends on who you ask I guess =) I bought a factory built/order 2010 plate fiesta and spent fair bit on it. induction kit, exhaust, remap, xenons, gloss black plastics ect ect ect. then 15months on with it almost paid off I chopped it in for the cupra Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Oh I do have one addition I havnt shown you guys. I have put it on the passenger sun visor

[Image: !Bz9dzlg!2k~$(KGrHqV,!hUEw5GlNBdRBMYR3uMV,!~~_12.JPG]

ahah Smile
Pics as posted in the Show us yer ride thread.

[Image: IMG_0292.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0293.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0296.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0298.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0300.jpg]

I have had a forge induction kit bought and fitted but took it off after a day as I dont think its as good as one I can help develop.[edit, its weried just googled forge indcuction kit 1.4tsi for a pic to show you and my old cars engine bay comes up! and me on p3 lol]

[Image: FMINDBOC.jpg]

Anyone remember that Orange induction kit on my fiesta. Well Ive kept in contact with him and were guna design something for the Cupra/Polo/Skud/Audi platform too Smile I get a free induction kit, he gets a new product and sales. everyone is happy Smile
Not updated this in a while so to keep with continuity. Heres a post from the Show us yer ride bit.

As the 1.4tsi is in many diff cars i ordered a 90degree bend from the sirrocco tsi kit and cut up the long ducting to use as a connector Smile and Hey presto, my own self modified induction kit. Much more improvement and the sound is good too, can hear the turbo spooling and sucking more now.

BEFORE(standard induction)

[Image: IMG_20111002_151901.jpg]
AFTER(modified Forge induction)
[Image: IMG_20111204_113658.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20111204_113652.jpg]

Hmmm- Look Famillar? 300 Euros worth that though! where as my second hand forge kit was about £80 and the 90 degree bend + butterfly clips were about £30. Winner!.

[Image: 27632_0-1.jpg][/align]
Last month I saw this thread on seatcupra.net and replied to it but I was told that someone had already responded, but I would be kept in mind.It was for a development car for a Stage 1 Remap(200-210bhp is the norm for these)

We require a Seat Ibiza 1.4TSi for Stage 1 development.

This will involve utilising your vehicle to develop our Stage 1 software on our rolling road..

The development and software is already done, we just need to trial it and fine tune on the rolling road.

We'd require the vehicle for a minimum of 2 working days, we can arrange collection and a courtesy car for you to use whilst the vehicle is with us.

What benefit will you get from this exercise? Your vehicle returned with a Stage 1 map installed completely free of charge.

Please drop me a message or a PM if you're interested.

Thanks

Anyway, I ve just been paid and was looking at REVO's 10% + SPS Switch offer and was about to ring up and order/book in when I got a private message...

jabbasport Wrote:Hi Jason.

The chap who was bringing his car in has had some issues and had to cancel.
You're second on the list if you're interested.
Thanks

Kevin

W00tThumbup

Ive agreed and will be hopefuly getting the car mapped in the new year Cant wait.
Awesome, can't wait to see the figures Wink
Nice Jay! Hope it still goes along with it, would be awesome having it over 200bhp.
Yeah it should be immense Smile Hoping for 5.5s 0-60's Thats guna be hard to beat!

haha, yesterday me and the GF were out in the car and this corsa vxr pulled up along side us at the lights, looking at the car... proper chavs they were, they screamed off from the lights and I casually drove on, knowing they were guna get stopped as I drive this road alot, theres three sets of traffic lights that are all red unless you cruise up to them at about 15mph. anyway, they tore off from the second set too and reached the final set.....me just about reaching the line, I watch the other set of lights going red, dropped it into sport hit the fun pedal and dusted it completely fair enouggh I had a rollign start but he set off on yellow just like I had and with 20 more bhp I would of thought he could pull some back but nope, by the time I hit my speed buzzer, that may or may not be set at 95mph, he was sooo far away Biggrin. First time Ive really given it some against another car(coz tekking it to the tarmac is bad innitz, 'less its for slips) I was very impressed with it. Wonder how an Astra VXR would cope against a remapped one....

jay
Well I drove the car down yesterday to meet the guys @ Jabba, Nice workshop and friendly bunch. They did data logging yesterday to make sure cars behaving as it should and so they can see how the map effects it on the road and spent the rest of the day finding the various maps ect.

This morning the car had its first standard dyno run, was done in 4th and they advised that due to the DSG its difficult to get a good reading for the first few hundred rpm as obviously it kicks down ect. There is a spike where torque reaches 240ftlb! as the supercharger kicks in thats way more than the stated 185ftlb so its unlikley its for real or if it is it is for a slipt second,They've done some runs in 4th and goes to just over 180bhp at about 5750rpm flattens slightly holding around 180bhp until around 6600rpm then slowing dropping off as it reaches the redline(7200rpm).

They are going to do another standard run in 5th to see if that makes any differences. Should make the run more managble and give a better reading for the lower section of rev range where the supercharger kicks in.

Jay
If you want real hp/tq figures run must be done in ''straight'' gear, that means using as close as possible 1/1 gear ratio (normally 4 gear in VAG). If you / dynoer use higher gear engine has more time to gather boost that it normally has so it gives false reading in low rpms.

Are the injectors too small or why it levels between 5800-6600? How much boost it has now?

Wating to see dyno graps =)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's