[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Jays Ibiza Cupra 211bhp Updated 20/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well theve done some more runs standard to get more accurate readings as the computer said that 4th was too short( 7 speed dsg) so more runs done and it achieve just over 180 bhp as before and a more reasonable ( higher than vw claim- though the changes made to these engines since 2008 when official figures came out are extensive) 202ftlbs torque. Standard boost was17.6psi. Injectors are vws latesed version.

They have just had it on rollers with revised map and its running 211bhp and a minimal torque increase to 205ftlbs ( not wanting to run too much through the dsg box, they can takearound 230ftlbs easy but i want reliability as well as power) boost is up to 19. Xpsi max at higher revs iirc

Going to do more testing and tweaking over the week. Afr rates are kept similar( running slightly rich)

Jay
Boost readings were from top of my head(and wrong lol)

Heres the Mappers email to me about a few things.

JabbaSport Wrote:Hi Jason.

I wouldn’t say it’s “complete”, like i say, there’s plenty more testing yet.

Lambda is close to standard, they run quite rich higher up in the rev range anyway. Lambda starts at 14:1 and ends up at around 11:1 at the limiter.

Lambda is based on EGT, they run the lambda as lean as possible for efficiency and wait for the EGT to raise before increasing the fuelling.

Initial boost is un-changed, if anything with the ignition angle modifications it’s a little lower. Higher up in the rev range where we’re making higher horsepower standard boost was 13.9psi and is now up to 18.6psi.

Boost initially is 17.6 as standard and then creeps up to 18psi towards the top end of the rev range to aid with the standard torque level and modified power level. Boost obviously varies on engine load, the ecu doesn’t run on a boost request as such, it actually bases it’s request on a target cylinder filling level. Effectively volumetric efficiency.

Maps edited include cylinder filling, torque limiter, expected air mass flow, lambda target, ignition angle etc
Well here is a cut n paste review from a Seat Cupra forum. The end results in 5th were 202ftlbs and 211bhp. There was been plenty of debate that these figures are wrong because the torque is too low and it wasnt done in 4th, I am waiting on the copious amounts of runs in both 4th and 5th to be sent to me so I can give a 4th gear comaprison. In 4th there was a tonne more torque(circa 30ftlb+) in the lower rev range as the supercharger cuts in to boost power.

anyway,

Well guys I've just got back from a nice long weekend drive up in the lake district(circa 300miles plus all the miles back from Jabbasport so done around 450miles so far), hence the no updates. No the cars not blown up or had any lights come on so far and no fault codes are apperaing on my OBD scanner ect. The car was ran again in 4th and 5th while I was down there and I am waiting on Kev to send me every dyno run that was done with the car (lots!) so I can post all the graphs up. The print out I have with me is in 5th and therefore is wrong according to you guys as the torque is lower than it should be and the power is high. When ran in 4th there is a marked torque increase for the first few thousand RPM.

Anyway, Figures are figures and no matter what there will always be arguments. At some point I will probs have it on RS Tunings's DD Rollers.

Kevin mentioned that the intake while much better than the standard Forge set up is causing a hold up at higher revs because of the filter's forge use and also because The pipework I have from grill to filter (all 3 inchs of it lol) isnt as wide as the gap that lets air in, I was aware of this but I need to design a grill intake set up to get the most air into the engine as possible.

So, How does it drive?

I have to say driving around normally the car is no different its really nice and just like a cupra is. first thing I noticed though is you get used to using a certain amount of throttle to pull out at junctions ect (more so in areas where you live) and I have noticed that the car felt like it was jumping more than I was pressing(ie, extra power) so You can feel it if you've driven the car lots. I took it for a test drive down @ Jabba on there nice open quiet roads and when you boot it there really is a bigger pull from the car, it doesn't slow up at all where as over NSL speed would start to taper off it still pulls strong into "you'll get into serious trouble" speeds. standstill starts are most impressive, its like the cupra we all know and love but with more- There is no discernible step where power snaps in its a very smooth progressive map and after driving the Fabia(courtesy car with 64 rampaging horses...) around my perception of speed was altered massively, didnt take long to get used to it though and with the GF in she could tell when I was powering along that there was more going on under the bonnet than before.

On the motorway I had a bit of fun and ended up going faster than I had been before in the car, still not near its top speed but the way it got there was very impressive, can feel the extra power pushing through the wind at higher speeds.

Its unfavourably been wet and raining all weekend where we have been so its a bit dangerous/pointless to try time any events. Now im back in Leeds its slightly better. Ive been out and did a couple of runs with a half full tank and just myself in the car. I measured 0-60's before with my Scanner( with less petrol and the spare/tools out of the boot) so Have something to compare them by.

Standard 0-60/40-60mph with no spare/tools.

[Image: screenshot-2.jpg]

JabbaSport Remap runs both with spare/tools in the car. (semi wet roads+wheelspin)

[Image: screenshot_2.jpg]

[Image: screenshot-3.jpg]

So if it was a dry day with a good start I can see quite big differences between standard and mapped. I havnt done any timed 50-70 ect times yet as its hard to find safe places to do so living in a city.

In conclusion, Im really enjoying the map and the car greatly, the extra ompff is great fun on country roads when you can get the power down and I havnt noticed any drop in mpg at all so far.

EDIT:

Also, I have to say a big Thank the Guys at Jabba- Kevin of course for mapping the car and also Mentioning that he has all the VAGCOM systems so I now have locking/unlocking confirmation, Bluetooth Music(not yet tested), No cornering fogs/reverse fogs. Kevin was a really nice guy and I asked to have it rolling roaded again so they had to move 4/5 cars out of the way for me with no fuss.

Jay
Power graph for the car in 5th.
large images (Click to View)
is that picture recent? =)
Cuz me wants sun =(
And me wants the car Biggrin
lol no mate its pretty dull just thought I would post up some nice piccys for yas Smile
Just got paid and have no reason to buy these but really fancy some. What do ya think?

[Image: yhst-48190566970365_2194_305079626]

CF look Paddle Extensions for the stubby Paddles it has at the moment.

There on there way anyway Smile

Also going to Carbon fiberize the radio surround and gearstick surround as well. Think it will go well with the dark interior of the Cupra.
IMO I would buy those paddle extensions. They look rly amazing. And that carbon fiverizing, I think it would look nice with the interior.

Driven in a Fiat something lately with parts in CF and dark interior. It looked rly nice.
Yeah well they were shipped yesterday hopefully have them in a week or two.

oh btw look what I've came across on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXJGm2Dwj38

Wink
(2012-01-28 15:15)Mongoose Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXJGm2Dwj38

Wink

Hold on a sec, isnt that yours???
. . . It could be. . .

lol
Well ive been in talks with Jabbasport again, talking about cooling for when the summer comes or for if its on a track day/down the strip ect heatsoak does make these engines suffer. So, I was just talking to them about intetcoolers and Water/Meth Injection. They have said a company that does all their intercooler/radiator work for them would love to develop a kit to go in conjunction with the remap BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin
Warning. Big Pictures.

So, Update time as I havent been on for a while. Took the car down a 1/4mile @ GTI International. Was a good day out. Only managed one run in the morning and the track was a little damp. First run ive done so I just left TC on planted my foot and let it upchange @ 7200rpm(power drops off around 6700) Was just about to have my second run(literally) when the car in front's steering wheel came off and it ploughed into the crowd. =/ Serious injuries were expected. Air ambulance was called but luckily it wasnt as bad as they thought. The Run is on youtube as well If you search for Tribu Cupra and look @ my channel you will find it.
Then last week I bought some Spacro(by OZ) Assetto Gara wheels, translated its Race Trim. These save a good amount of weight over the standard alloys(13kg to 8.4kg each). I have Vred's Ultrac Sessanta rubber on it. Brilliant rubber, no wheelspin when pulling off full throttle where as the bridgestones would spin up 1st and 2nd no issues.
Always needed lowering but no more than ever. So thats on my list next Smile
Thanks Vee!

It worked since I came on lol So I deleted the post.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's