[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Traffic lights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all.

This is my first post, so it might be a little dry/dull. However, I have a suggestion: traffic lights.

I was on a Russian cruise server a few months ago, and I noticed they had traffic lights in designated areas. This is ultimately a good idea, because sometimes there is quite a lot of confusion with terrible drivers at intersections. Traffic lights would also add realism to the server and what not.

If someone runs a red light, the police can go chase after them, and you [hopefully] know the rest.
What the Russian server name? I'd love to go and check it put (even though I suck at Russian Tongue)

I like your idea, though it was suggested couple of times before. This was on the old forum though, so you couldn't have known that.
It never got in to use, but I forgot why.

If we could just have a few spots with traffic lights (like on Kyoto, Sydney or Jamaica), it would definitely contribute to the gameplay.
It would be difficult to implement and get right. If done really well it could be quite good, not that people are gonna observe them Tongue
I think the general trouble here is that like [TC]'s stop lines, roundabout laws, keeping on the right side of the road laws, and pretty much any kind of law on the [TC] server it'll be followed by about 5-10% of all the drivers on [TC]. In a server of 31 people it'd be highly unlikely you would ever see anyone stop for the virtual lights..

Semi-offtopic, Imagine City Car Driving (the other game) with multiplayer and a [TC] based system, then users would not have to play traffic because we'd already have it there driven by AI.. *drools at realistic traffic*
With the low amount of traffic users following the laws would spend a lot of time sitting at lights even though no cars were coming.
Plus, it would be hard to go around some people's lag when it comes to traffic lights. Usual "It's green for me and red for you"
The server name is "RUSSIAN CRUISE"

I like the idea but it's to low amount traffic...

Skrube Smile
Just tried it and it seems funny. Maybe TC can give it a try and see what the cruiser like Thumbup
but there will be hits if someone goes green and other side is coming chase, boom.
(2011-10-10 18:20)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]but there will be hits if someone goes green and other side is coming chase, boom.

We wouldn't want that realism Thumbdown
(2011-10-10 18:20)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]but there will be hits if someone goes green and other side is coming chase, boom.

Thats why I said we give it a try. If it causes to much accidents TC can decide to remove it.
why we need traffic lights if they havent got future?

E: imo Biggrin

Thats the same as someone gets on a interstate junction and doesnt stop, goes wrongside, and then hits the oncoming traffic.
yeah. so where we need traffic lights if they dont actually help Biggrin
(2011-10-10 19:08)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]why we need traffic lights if they havent got future?

E: imo Biggrin

Just for the change.
hmmh.. yeah, i understandSmile
ThumbupThumbup
i also agree that traffic lights would add some realism to tc but may also cause a lot of lag...ThumbupUnsure
I hope TC will give a try. Maybe it would be nice. Smile
give it a try, tc can decide if we keep it or not.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's