[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Money income with MED/RES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What pisses me off is that people don't understand what the MED/RES License is actually about. It's about helping a loyal civilian who is stuck, flipped or out of fuel. He could be causing a hazard or a danger to other road users. Therefore us MEDs/RESs need to get there quick to assess the situation and see what we have to do.

Going back to what Byran said ("Meds don't need to speed like cops there is no logical reason"), how can you say that? And as Karak said, do try telling the real life ambulance service, its a shame that a TC Member in my opinion came out with that comment to be fair. A MED could be the outcome of one of your chases. For example If we were helping someone, and a chase was nearing towards us, it is our priority to move the endangered car off the road to let the chase past. If we couldn't speed to the scene, your chase could have ended in a massive pile up.

Frozen: Again, that view IMO is wrong, take a look at Yukine, all he ever does is MED with Sadie. Most MEDs that are online, do have cop licenses that aren't revoked. So, to put it bluntly, I dont want to here that bullshit.
(2015-03-07 09:16)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]Frozen: Again, that view IMO is wrong, take a look at Yukine, all he ever does is MED with Sadie. Most MEDs that are online, do have cop licenses that aren't revoked. So, to put it bluntly, I dont want to here that bullshit.

- They want to feel like a COP without chasing a real suspect.

And to start, just calm down. You're a good example of what I pointed out.

Wink
(2015-03-07 09:18)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-07 09:16)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]Frozen: Again, that view IMO is wrong, take a look at Yukine, all he ever does is MED with Sadie. Most MEDs that are online, do have cop licenses that aren't revoked. So, to put it bluntly, I dont want to here that bullshit.

And to start, just calm down. You're a good example of what I pointed out.

Wink

This isn't an argument Frozen, start taking things seriously. And I'm not a prime example because I rarely go online as a MED. So again stop making crap up.
Calm down.
And to add, the MED License is still taken seriously just like a COP License
(2015-03-07 08:51)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]How I see it:

MED's and RES's want to speed when:

- They do not have a COP license
- Their COP Rights have been revoked

Imo, it's fine as it is now.

Let's look at my view from this.

I do have cop license
I have never got my rights removed.
I are a MED/RES for the roleplay and help people. That I can speed is just an extra thing. I can be cop when ever I want and chase a suspect. It can go long periods where we don't recive calls to.
Yeah i agree. I always like to go fast to the person i am helping. It sucks when i have to lose my money just for trying to help a person. Especially that we dont get paid for it but yet lose money. Im hoping this wonderful idea by Yukine can get implemented, its a totally fair idea and does no harm to anything or even give us an advantage. We are not racing to help people but we are rushing to help people, its our job.
I wouldn't that people go MED just because they want to "feel like a COP." That's quite a broad and very generalised statement. True, there are a few people that have done that, but I'd say the vast majority go MED for the role-play aspect and because they either don't enjoy copping as much, or they are tired of being a COP while they are online at that time.

I would definitely not go and say "All MEDs are just wannabee COPs...".
Anyone wanna show an actual video demonstrating the problem?
Because right now, I can't see any urgent reasons to change anything on the current system as you can already go 30% over the indicated limit without losing anything.
As I said above, you're allowed to rush, but not to race. And that's what I suspect is going to happen here.
Why don't you Chuck go line as MED and respond to a call and go over dead mans crest. You can end up going -140, considering the job is voluntary and we don't get paid. That's outrageous
(2015-03-10 07:16)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you Chuck go line as MED and respond to a call and go over dead mans crest. You can end up going -140, considering the job is voluntary and we don't get paid. That's outrageous

Yes, if you go 200km/h in a 100 zone, that happens.

The point: It is not necessary that you go 200km/h there, as you can go 130km/h without getting fined.
Try telling the real life ambulance service that, especially in Abu Dhabi
(2015-03-10 07:16)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you Chuck go line as MED and respond to a call and go over dead mans crest. You can end up going -140, considering the job is voluntary and we don't get paid. That's outrageous

I've actually had a little think about this and I came up with an interesting idea to combat the loss of money that the MEDs could do all by themselves.

Drive slower.
(2015-03-12 20:00)Skoda Wrote: [ -> ]Try telling the real life ambulance service that, especially in Abu Dhabi

Since this is no real life you do not need to rush.

If you do not need to rush you wont lose money.

If you do not lose money you are happy.

If you are happy, so are we.
I really like how the ones that never are medic/rescue are -1 on this idea, but we that are responding and all that are +1.

Imagine an med ingame going 130 to not lose money then cars behind you come in 200+ and pass you lel
You can go 170 in the 135 zone. Is that not enough? Ur not a plane, ur a med.
(2015-03-12 22:03)Frozen Wrote: [ -> ]You can go 170 in the 135 zone. Is that not enough? Ur not a plane, ur a med.

Administrator Message by: Luke

Comment not needed. Don't post pointless or provocative messages. Warning level will be increased if you do it again.
Thats what i meant with Ur.

However if you do not have anything useful to say better remain in silent.
And on topic again.

It's a cops and robbers server, its focused on cops and cruisers, not medics and rescues.

Meds and res have enough as it is, at the end of the day you do the same job as a tow.. It's your risk to speed to the scene, ambulances in real life only speed when it's safe to do so. Speeding across dead man's is certainly not safe with the rough terrain and blind hills.

Nuff said
(2015-03-12 21:59)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]I really like how the ones that never are medic/rescue are -1 on this idea, but we that are responding and all that are +1.

Imagine an med ingame going 130 to not lose money then cars behind you come in 200+ and pass you lel

I've been MED and RES many times before and still enjoy being one occasionally, i've never had a problem with losing money.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fact of the matter is, you driving slower is the way to go about not losing money if you don't like it, otherwise it's just one of those things you have to deal with.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's