[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Jeremy Clarkson has been [sacked] suspended from Top Gear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2015-03-25 14:33)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Updated thread title.

I'm not surprised but I am sad. Not for Jeremy, for the Top Gear brand and for Hammo and James.

(2015-03-25 12:48)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the 3 of them will go to another channel and create a new show based on their old (Top Gear) way of doing things.

Without a good production team, they're nothing.

What Pete said. Look at one of the newer Top Gear episodes and focus on the camera work involved. It really is quite extensive.

Top Gear makes the cars they feature look absolutely amazing, and in many cases, better than the respective car makers advertisements.
(2015-03-25 16:49)Leon Wrote: [ -> ]What Pete said. Look at one of the newer Top Gear episodes and focus on the camera work involved. It really is quite extensive.

Top Gear makes the cars they feature look absolutely amazing, and in many cases, better than the respective car makers advertisements.

That is certainly true, but not the reason i watch Top Gear. I like the personality and the atmosphere between the presenters, so if their new crew can't do all these fancy effects then i can do without.

Also i doubt the quality will drop too much. Take a look at Chris Harris on the /drive channel, they have a much lower budget and still manage some great videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5I6xuhNgVg

I only hope May and Hammond walk away from the BBC aswell.
WHAT !!!!!!!!!
Yes, it's a damn shame that such a great show has ended, but with that being said, Clarkson got what he had deserved. No matter who you are, you should be punished for physically hurting another human being.
New leader in top gear already?
all he did was punch a guy in the face, if u was a normal day to day person like us lot u just get a £80 quid fine and a night in cell, they over reacted massively, they didnt punish Jeremy they punished us with no top gear, ive punched over a handful of people and i never lost my tv show XD, its all gone out of proportion and its just pathetic, goodbye top gear and good bye tv license
(2015-03-26 17:01)Martynas Wrote: [ -> ]https://vid.me/O7ZG
lmao.

Classic!
(2015-03-26 17:01)Martynas Wrote: [ -> ]https://vid.me/O7ZG
lmao.

That is brill. Biggrin
(2015-03-26 13:41)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]all he did was punch a guy in the face, if u was a normal day to day person like us lot u just get a £80 quid fine and a night in cell, they over reacted massively, they didnt punish Jeremy they punished us with no top gear, ive punched over a handful of people and i never lost my tv show XD, its all gone out of proportion and its just pathetic, goodbye top gear and good bye tv license

To be fair, If you where to punch someone at work. I don't think it would end good...
(2015-03-26 18:14)Mikee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-26 13:41)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]all he did was punch a guy in the face, if u was a normal day to day person like us lot u just get a £80 quid fine and a night in cell, they over reacted massively, they didnt punish Jeremy they punished us with no top gear, ive punched over a handful of people and i never lost my tv show XD, its all gone out of proportion and its just pathetic, goodbye top gear and good bye tv license

To be fair, If you where to punch someone at work. I don't think it would end good...

And yes, Mikee is correct.

Tom, you're a chef, right? If you punched your boss (or any other colleague, I'm not saying the guy Clarkson punched is necessarily his boss) and verbally abused them, I'm sure you wouldn't have a job anymore.

Also keep in mind Clarkson had previous warnings about his conduct.
(2015-03-26 18:16)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Also keep in mind Clarkson had previous warnings about his conduct.

Which were pretty much bullshit.

I had the impression jeremy would punch at least 3 people before he started working, kinda dissapointed.
(2015-03-26 18:29)Pipa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-26 18:16)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Also keep in mind Clarkson had previous warnings about his conduct.

Which were pretty much bullshit.

I had the impression jeremy would punch at least 3 people before he started working, kinda dissapointed.

I'm not disputing the validity of his previous warnings, but you have to be a different kind of special to be on a final warning and to still feel the need to verbally and physically attack your producer over hot food. No sympathy for Clarkson, and I'm not a fan of Top Gear, but it is kinda sad for those who actually enjoyed it.
I don't like the fact that the producer guy apparently got death threats for getting punched in the face... I like Jeremy and I like the show (Although I don't watch anymore) but his reason for punching him in the face was stupid and the producer shouldn't have that kind of thing happen to him for being the victim of somebody getting way too angry over nothing. Sure, I appreciate that fans of the show are going to be pissed, I certainly would be if I watched it but for christ sake if all the guy did was get punched then how is it his fault?

Based on what i've heard at least, the producer guy didn't do anything wrong and Jeremy admitted to punching him.
(2015-03-26 18:40)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not disputing the validity of his previous warnings, but you have to be a different kind of special to be on a final warning and to still feel the need to verbally and physically attack your producer over hot food. No sympathy for Clarkson, and I'm not a fan of Top Gear, but it is kinda sad for those who actually enjoyed it.

My main problem is the way that the BBC have treated him over the years. Jeremy and Andy Wilman basicly transformed TopGear and made it to what it is today, but the BBC and their politcal correct agenda have treated them like garabage. At the end they didn't even trust the Top Gear crew anymore. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30852411

So it is certainly no wonder that he was on his last warning when the organisation you work for doesn't have your back and tries to humiliate you on every opportunity they get.

Also as stupid as Jeremy's action was he tried to make it right by trying to apologise and then reporting himself to his bosses. It was in my eyes the first proper cockup from him on Top Gear and certainly not serious enough to warrant to be fired.

Certain people in the BBC wanted him out and they succeeded.
As much as Jeremy is a grown adult and made a conscious decision to act the way he did, the BBC has a reputation for not managing its talent well compared to other broadcasters.

Shame the viewers will lose out due to both of their failings.
I agree with Pipa. Everything that has happened on top gear since 2003 has been scripted. If the producers or BBC didn't like something it would be edited or cut out before it airs on TV.

I don't know. I'm just wondering if its all a stunt to take the time to get all 3 hypercars together and race them. Just a big publicity stunt. Who knows haha.
"Russian military TV station offers job to Jeremy Clarkson"
On today's show: James drives Lada Granata, Richard power slides old military truck, and I try to smuggle 15 tanks to UK.
lol.
(2015-03-27 10:51)Martynas Wrote: [ -> ]"Russian military TV station offers job to Jeremy Clarkson"
On today's show: James drives Lada Granata, Richard power slides old military truck, and I try to smuggle 15 tanks to UK.
lol.

I would watch that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's