[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Westhill Test Patch (Officially Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pure awesomeness Biggrin. Can't wait to test it out (found out about this update a bit later).

IMO at least most non-track roads should have 80 KMH speed limit.
(2015-03-29 07:19)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]IMO at least most non-track roads should have 80 KMH speed limit.

Test it first, discuss then. 80kph is way too slow Biggrin
Well 80 - 100 KMH limit would be quite realistic. Smile

I found out that if we will use very few objects in the Westhill track, there is one way to actually make the drivable area even larger. If you look at places where there are barriers which cut off Westhill from the surroundings, we can turn the useless surrounding roads into solid roads by placing concrete slabs and ramps Wink.
Only had a short little go of this last night.

I feared TC would enforce right side driving, I'm glad you haven't.

Problem is, who wants to go back to driving around a racetrack now?
(2015-03-29 07:31)Makee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-29 07:19)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]IMO at least most non-track roads should have 80 KMH speed limit.

Test it first, discuss then. 80kph is way too slow Biggrin

I have tested it which is why I suggest 80kph, it's sort of like a countryroad which is small and not a road suited for 160kph
TBH, the limits should be made when the layout is "perfected".

Even though i havent driven around the whole map yet.
And how about:

Quote:I found out that if we will use very few objects in the Westhill track, there is one way to actually make the drivable area even larger. If you look at places where there are barriers which cut off Westhill from the surroundings, we can turn the useless surrounding roads into solid roads by placing concrete slabs and ramps.

Or shorter said, we can turn the unsolid roads in the distance into solid roads to have even more roam for cruising.
I have encountered a problem yesterday when we were doing a quick race.
Seems like cars arent rendered that well?

[Image: 2ltszrq.jpg]
It could be an option to turn off limits on unpaved roads. Which doesn't mean they're "unlimited", it means "go as fast as it's safe". But they won't bring any income then.
(2015-03-29 21:28)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I have encountered a problem yesterday when we were doing a quick race.
Seems like cars arent rendered that well?

[Image: 2ltszrq.jpg]

Go to: OPTIONS > GRAPHICS > MIRROR LOD

Set that to 0.4

Also set MIRROR ANTI-ALIASING to 4x
Thanks for the quick help Pete! Smile
[Image: 551a63434ac01-2015-03-31_00002.jpg]
[Image: 551a63616194b-2015-03-31_00003.jpg]

Derby2015 Progress Smile
lol thats nice!
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1885315#post1885315

G16 compatible is released Smile

Some awesome little features and fixes.
Some awesome little features +1
Pit boxes now work but they disable the pit lane pit boxes which is a bit shitty.
(2015-03-31 12:32)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Pit boxes now work but they disable the pit lane pit boxes which is a bit shitty.

Also disables the pit lane speed, so you won't get spectated for speeding it pits anymore. An alternative will probably have to be made.
(2015-03-31 12:37)Luke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-31 12:32)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Pit boxes now work but they disable the pit lane pit boxes which is a bit shitty.

Also disables the pit lane speed, so you won't get spectated for speeding it pits anymore. An alternative will probably have to be made.

That's actually quite nice. I mean, who does need that anyway? It appears like we can place actual repair-zones now around the track. Which is pretty awesome.
And we kinda don't need the pitlane boxes anyway if we're able to have some here and there around the track. More realistic for cruising as well. Say we had Safezones+spawn+pitboxes somewhere else on the track, we'd not need the pitlane at all and could use it for something else.
Could we not have a command for MEDs/TOWs to spawn pit boxes to actually repair people on the spot? Like the same principle as roadblocks (!rb). Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's