[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Roleplaying Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First a question: How exactly do they work?

Now the suggestion: Name them something other than Roleplaying Points. It sounds really stupid.
Second question: Aren't lost chases being recorded anymore?
What is going on?
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthre...#pid171172

InSim Change Log Wrote:Version 3.18
-Chg: Updated !stats command

Profile and stats pages have been updated as well. Win/Lose ratios are gone.
Nooooooooo Sad
(2015-05-10 07:34)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]First a question: How exactly do they work?

Now the suggestion: Name them something other than Roleplaying Points. It sounds really stupid.

Thanks for being constructive.

I'd personally rename then Respond Points (still stands for RP) and that's what some thought it meant anyway.
REMOVED?! Noo I do not count as the worst cop anymore :c
Could someone explain how the current XP system works, as both Cops 'n' Robbers seem to receive quite much XP, even though they'd have lost the chase.

(2015-05-10 08:39)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for being constructive.

I'd personally rename then Respond Points (still stands for RP) and that's what some thought it meant anyway.

There aren't a lot of ways to be constructive about this.
I didn't have any ideas myself for new names, so i didn't list any.
Simple suggestion, simple reason, simple thread.

I like the sound of Respond Points Smile

Could you explain how this new system works?
(2015-05-10 09:04)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for explaining how it works.

I'm not 100% sure how the RP is calculated, and the formula might change in the future anyway. Same story with the XP. This is why I did not answer that particular part of the post. Your post was in "Server & InSim Suggestions" so I assumed the suggestion bit was the most important. ;)

KaraK Wrote:There aren't a lot of ways to be constructive about this.

You can start by not saying something sounds "really stupid" because it does sound slightly rude IMO.

KaraK Wrote:I didn't have any ideas myself for new names, so i didn't list any.

Yet you expect others to conjure some up, alright. :p

Edited typo.
BP Wrote:I'm not 100% sure how the RP is calculated, and the formula might change in the future anyway. Same story with the XP. This is why I did not answer that particular part of the post. Your post was in "Server & InSim Suggestions" so I assumed the suggestion bit was the most important. Wink

I figured that after I posted it, so I edited that part Smile
Also sounded rude from me. Sorry for that.

BP Wrote:You can start by not saying something sounds "really stupid" because it does sound slightly rude IMO.

Aye, it sounds slightly rude, and it is, really. Though it's my opinion and I didn't want to cover it up with nice language.
Let me retry: "I don't quite like the sound of it."

BP Wrote:Yet you expect others to conjure some up, alright. Tongue

Yes I do, and it worked Biggrin
Very nice,

[Image: lfs_00000128.jpg]

Small suggestion: How about making a bonus, for every 50RP Points collected, 50e are given as a bonus, I think that this will encourage peoples to work as a MED/RES
50€? thats nothing lel
(2015-05-10 09:26)Mr.AD Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice,

[Image: lfs_00000128.jpg]

Small suggestion: How about making a bonus, for every 50RP Points collected, 50e are given as a bonus, I think that this will encourage peoples to work as a MED/RES

+1 but again think of the possibilities of this idea: People would abuse it but we could always report them.
(2015-05-10 09:33)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]50€? thats nothing lel

Not really, by working as a MED/RES and with my suggestion...
  • Getting donations, most of the peoples donate 50€, some donate more.
  • You can restrict the RB4 Or the car that you're using to help peoples, allows you to earn more.
  • And with my suggestion, Every 50 RP = 50€

Not bad I think, and better than nothing Tongue
Oh, seems like my stats became too good in the end to keep at least the stats of win/losses?

Nah well, I understand you're trying to improve attitude on the servers and decrease reports cause people don't care anymore about stats, but let's see if this will work.

OT: Even tho stats might get reset, it would still be cool to get an update on how exactly things are calculated.

cya
It doesn't seem like the RP points count towards anything at the moment, or is that just me?

To me, the COP Win/Loss ratio was a sense of accomplishment, which the XP does not seem to bring.
(2015-05-10 10:31)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]To me, the COP Win/Loss ratio was a sense of accomplishment, which the XP does not seem to bring.

I agree, since at the moment it consists of winning, winning, winning and more winning of XP.
(2015-05-10 10:31)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't seem like the RP points count towards anything at the moment, or is that just me?

To me, the COP Win/Loss ratio was a sense of accomplishment, which the XP does not seem to bring.

People took that far too seriously and even refrained from chasing others in a fear that their ratio would get damaged.

This now also encourages more even chases. Hopefully people won't feel the need to go FZ5/XFR to win every chase (I am aware some users use those cars because they genuinely enjoy driving them).

Players will always be unsatisfied whatever we do.
There's some interesting plans and ideas, it's a new system with possibilities so keep your eyes open. That's all I'll say because indeed it doesn't really look like there's anything to aim for, just win win win At the moment Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's