[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: CityDriving Layouts (Central reservations / divides).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

Can you guys, finally stop using railings (and tyres stacks)? I don't see the point of having them in a straight line, as peoples are now throwing them in the road on purpose as this .gif will show you :
[Image: 55f69ec3d5807-GIF.gif]
I ended up in the wall, completly damaging the front-right suspension. which left to me no choice, which is to leave the chase as I can no longer keep up with the suspect. [Poor braking & Handling]

Why not to use barriers instead of those railings (and tyres STACKS!!!) If you really want us to not to drive on the wrong side?

Thanks.

Added poll.
Renamed.
~ Pete
I do have to agree with you on this occasion. I think the railings have a better use elsewhere.

It looks like braking and avoiding the railing was no option considering the speed of the chase.

They are deadly and when they get in the way out of your control, it's unfortunate but can be avoided if they are not used on potential high speed straights.
+1 Suspects, drifters, often hit tyre stacks or railings which I end up taking as damage on my car and have to fix it.

It is really annoying and damages your vehicle.
I've never had this problem. It seems to me that you could have taken the same route as the others did, which avoided it. Forward planning is useful.
Keeps the game interesting when I turn a blind corner on South City and the sky is filled with cars, posts and tires.

Like Ras said, don't drive in the moment, drive ahead of yourself mentally.
Val has this down to a fine art, I love it though it makes the chases funny having to dodge them. I wouldn't mind them being changed but I am happy to keep them.
(2015-09-14 10:54)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had this problem. It seems to me that you could have taken the same route as the others did, which avoided it. Forward planning is useful.

Just tell me whats point of having railing in the middle of the road, where cars are going to drive in a straight line.

Peoples can throw them in the road and that what happened today. and he resulted in destructing my car.

Barriers can do the same job and will eliminate this problem.

(2015-09-14 11:12)Nismo Wrote: [ -> ]Val has this down to a fine art, I love it though it makes the chases funny having to dodge them. I wouldn't mind them being changed but I am happy to keep them.

It won't be funny when you get a shot while driving a 50 percents restricted XFG for example. Will reduce your speed by atleast 20 km/h or could cause you to spin out.
Seeing as we are kind of on the topic I have a question regarding the objects in LFS.

When I or someone else hits that object, is the path it takes the same for both of us, or does each of our clients calculate slightly different physics?

Basically, do we all see the same objects moving in the same directions at the same velocities at the same time, or is it like pedestrians in GTA where one player sees a bikini girl and the other sees a bodybuilder?
(2015-09-14 10:54)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that you could have taken the same route as the others did, which avoided it. Forward planning is useful.

It seems to me that in this case the cop did the perfect thing and NOT follow the suspect on the wrongside before a blind turn.
You are basically encouraging driving wrong way while correct side is safer and shorter. Forward planning is useful also when posting Tongue
(2015-09-14 10:54)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that you could have taken the same route as the others did, which avoided it. Forward planning is useful.

Really? Scared

Encouraging others to do the wrong things is not that smart Closedeyes Where is the forward thinking? W00t
(2015-09-14 11:17)VirtualTourist Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing as we are kind of on the topic I have a question regarding the objects in LFS.

When I or someone else hits that object, is the path it takes the same for both of us, or does each of our clients calculate slightly different physics?

Basically, do we all see the same objects moving in the same directions at the same velocities at the same time, or is it like pedestrians in GTA where one player sees a bikini girl and the other sees a bodybuilder?

Every client is running the same physics engine which means when a client hits an object, that object's trajectory should in theory be the same across all clients. Unfortunately lag plays a part in it too.

Take the following situation:
  • Client A approaches a tyre stack at an angle and hits it at 90°.
  • Client B sees Client A hit the tyre stack at a different angle because they appear to be lagging (either client can be lagging).
  • Each client calculates the trajectory of the tyre stack as they see it.
  • The resultant trajectory appears to be different.

In short, object trajectories are not synchronised between clients but they are usually pretty reliable if all clients in the vicinity have a stable connection. That's why sometimes it can look like someone hit a tyre even though from your perspective they didn't.
(2015-09-14 10:54)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had this problem. It seems to me that you could have taken the same route as the others did, which avoided it. Forward planning is useful.

Note that Ras states that he could have, because the road may be clear to do so. It's perfectly fine to do that, if they followed in the same path. But yeah I see what you mean, keeping right is a must, but if its clear and it stops you crashing then there is no problem. Without going too off topic, it seems that there are too many objects that can be moved on South City.
Barney and Frozen, i don't know what you are on about. They safely went back onto the correct side and it is clear on the map that no traffic was coming. Are you just trying to be "smart" or something?
(2015-09-14 12:08)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]Barney and Frozen, i don't know what you are on about. They safely went back onto the correct side and it is clear on the map that no traffic was coming. Are you just trying to be "smart" or something?

No we are not being smart, just thinking that cops should stay at the right unless strictly necessary, at least, that's how I learnt it.

What you suggest is an easy-said workaround, and what we look for is a solution, don't think we're being the smart ones here
I'd say it is strictly necessary if it is to avoid wrecking your car.
It's necessary if you need to keep up with the pursuit or whatever, however, you cant call "necessary" to something which happens due to a Layout object, which can easily be solved by deleting or replacing the object in case.

As said, a workaround is good, but the point of the thread is a solution.
It doesn't have anything to do with the layout. No one complained about it before (how many years have we had the Sydney layout?). It is just a case of being unlucky and a part of the gameplay, as a challenge. People don't seem to like challenges though.
(2015-09-14 12:06)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks, it is as I expected.
Added a poll.

If you want to trial a layout with 100% solid object divides then we'll make one.
Well as a trial I would give it a try.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's