[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Weston Design Competition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heyho,

some while ago, we were having some discussions about that chicane on Weston Highway 2. After some considerations we came to the idea of making it a public competition.

OK, in short words how we do it:

-You design Highway 2 on your pc. The exact starting and end-positions are in the image below.
- It has to be a final, drivable layout (no drafts)
- You got 180 objects for it
- The speedlimit will stay at 120kph
- Create *one* image of your idea (It can contain multiple screenshots though, like in the image below)
-The image should not exceed 1024x1024 pixels, jpeg please
-You can submit up to 3 ideas
-The winners idea will be played for at least one map cycle

Important: Do not post your idea here!

All submissions are done anonymously (just to prevent people voting on the submitters name, rater than the actual idea)

Upload the image to a file-hoster of your choice, or test-ride TC's own file-database. But I need a direct link to the file to embed it in a forum post directly.

If you wish to test TC's file database: Use !password <yourpass> in one of our servers. After that, you can access http://files.city-driving.co.uk with your lfs-name and the password you set before. (Please do not use the same password you're using in lfs, for security reasons)

When you're done, sent the link to the image to me via forum PM. I will post your image on the voting thread. The voting thread will be filled as soon as possible, so that people can see whats already been submitted ,to prevent similar ideas.

The actual votes will be taken, well, either around Friday the 9th, or the 16th. Depends on whether we play Blackwood for 2 weeks or only one.
We'll keep you posted.

Questions?

[Image: getfile.php?id=20120304094414ihekup]
Go for it Tommer Biggrin
Hmmm... lets see how hard it actually is .. Smile
If possible, can we have a "vote for old "box thing in the middle" layout".

In all fairness, just because people crash there, it shouldn't mean we need to change the layout. I'm open to new ideas etc, but still. People should learn to drive.
You realize my idea of a perfect highway 2 would be a pretty basic 0 interference armco down the middle layout Tongue

I'll probably make something interesting though since I have so many objects to play with Smile
Deadline?
Quote:The actual votes will be taken, well, either around Friday the 9th, or the 16th. Depends on whether we play Blackwood for 2 weeks or only one.

Something tells me that the deadline would be, before the 9th of March, or 16th of March Wink
Yeah, just would like a fixed date to be clear.
Well, just make one and submit it lol. This ain't school, you don't have to do it on the last minuteWink Anyway, the most crucial point is whether folks can stand Blackwood for another week or not. If you want numbers, the deadlines would be this Friday 24:00, or the next Friday 24:00. So that the votes could be done the whole Saturday after. Map-change on Sunday morning then.
Kinda hoping its this week I'm getting fed up of Blackwood Tongue
Same.. Tongue Next to that, Weston Park hasn't been on for quite a while now.
I think it will be Weston Park and Jamaca
Candidate c gets my applause lol, nice creativity guys
Jamaica Deluxe would be nice for a week Tongue
Server Two has a one-time-only map to shorten the wait time Smile
Hurry up folks, last day to submit your ideas. For those who need numbers to organise their lives, 18:00 UTC is deadline.

The poll will be opened then for 24 hours.
B & E are my favourites so far.
(2012-03-15 11:22)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]B & E are my favourites so far.

Which were in-fact, done by the same person Wink
I think E is winning it for me.

A, I'm sorry but under the bridge looks like what Jeremy Clarkson would call 'a woman's front bottom', and there'd be a crash every time someone went through.

B, A simpler version of E, I think the police parking area is a bit big anyway. Shares the same problem as E in that the police bays will probably be used by non-police units.

C, I think we'd all love this layout, but it's a bit too easy, and since there's hardly anything going on around the rest of the layout I think there needs to be something in the HW2 area.

D, in the parking area, you have 2 way traffic in a place which is just 2 cars wide. IRL this wouldn't be a problem, but this is TC, where each lane has to be 3-4 car widths wide to stop people from failing.

E, I like the compact cop bays, and it's still open and fast. If you replaced the speed bumps with barriers, you'd also have decent parking on either side for non-cops, which helps discourage people from parking in the cop bays.

F, People coming from Market will be faced with 3 lanes going down to 1, onto the hard shoulder, and if you don't get back onto the road then you go head on into a barrier.

So... E.
These results are quite interesting. Will the names of the layout creators be revealed after voting is over? Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's